Player Watch Jack Ginnivan (Traded to P&W 2023)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe this says more about me, but I actually agreed with Cornes in principle, but for very different reasons than he’s cited.

Cornes is banging about how little game time he played in the finals - doesn’t matter, he trained, he turned up to team meetings, Eventhough he might not have been on the field, he was still on the job.

But new club, new year, for him this is about getting to know his team mates and his coaches, starting to build relationships.

And he’s only 20, he’s still had a decent 6 week break since the GF, more than most workers get.

But not a big deal, and not worth dying on a hill over.

Word.

Mitchell started training with the playing group before he was obliged to.

Cultcha.

EDIT: To be fair, Ginni's new coach told him to take the week off.

Last edited:
Nah, in this case Cornes was editorialising. It was opinion. Nothing to do with journalism. And no obligation to fact check (and essentially the facts were correct, Ginni indeed hadn’t turned up to training)

Journalism is what Damian Barrett pretends to do, it’s a very different thing.

I beg to disagree. If you're going to analyse the news, you have to make an attempt to get the facts. It would seem that sam mitchell told ginnivan to take the extra week. The toad had presented the "news" that ginnivan had chosen not to turn up....and then analysed his own "facts".

I beg to disagree. If you're going to analyse the news, you have to make an attempt to get the facts. It would seem that sam mitchell told ginnivan to take the extra week. The toad had presented the "news" that ginnivan had chosen not to turn up....and then analysed his own "facts".

Is it not a fact that Ginnivan didn’t turn up to training?

And don’t confuse “Mitchell said that he told Ginni to take an extra week off” with “Mitchell told Ginni to take an extra week off”. The former is a fact. The latter is a premise that you can choose to belief or not.

And don’t confuse “Mitchell said that he told Ginni to take an extra week off” with “Mitchell told Ginni to take an extra week off”. The former is a fact. The latter is a premise that you can choose to belief or not.
Were you present at Ginni's meetings with his new coach...when they obviously discussed what day he would start at the club?

It is fact that he didnt turn up. A possible explanation is that he was told that he wasnt required. The canetoad didnt bother to even try to find out a possible explanation. A balanced writer would have asked mitchell and included the explanation in his story before condemning ginnivan. At any rate, I am more concerned at this time with unsubstantiated allegations if they relate to the lives of babies. I'm sure ginnivan is being well fed and he'll survive.

Good. Because I think it's ludicrous for anyone to even suggest Mitchell & Ginni didn't discuss when he was starting his first day at the club.

Sure, that may have been the case and you may be right.

I’ve got no doubt that it was done with Hawthorn’s approval, but I reckon it’s very unlikely that a Senior Coach would be getting down into the minutiae of when 1 of 40 odd players returns from leave.

Sure, that may have been the case and you may be right.

I’ve got no doubt that it was done with Hawthorn’s approval, but I reckon it’s very unlikely that a Senior Coach would be getting down into the minutiae of when 1 of 40 odd players returns from leave.
I don't think he would have gotten into the minutiae of it either. He would have likely just said to Jack "enjoy the rest of your hols & we'll see you back here on 'whatever date his leave ended'..."

..and it's really no one else's business, particularly not the media's.

Was just watch Ginny’s highlights on the Clubs 23 in 23 series of posts.

I’ve loved watching him play for us.
But these clips slammed home that everything about him is instinctual and unorthodox.
The long sleeves, goal kicking style, knee jerk responses, on field craftiness, etc.
The lot.

It’s what made him a joy to watch. Unbridled youthful energy and enthusiasm.

It’s also a resource that burns out.

I think we got great games out of Ginni. And Hawthorn may get some. And he may even be a 100 game player for them.
But consistency and greatness will be beyond his reach. And I don’t think Mitchell will bring the right traits out.

Good luck, Jack.
I suspect we got the best of you.

A possible explanation is that he was told that he wasnt required.

This is true.

Another possible explanation is that he’s rehabbing in a clinic and the club are covering for him.

Or another possible explanation is that he’s decided he doesn’t want to be a footy player anymore, and the Hawks are in crisis mode buying time and behind the scenes hoping they can change his mind.

There are many possible explanations, and we and the media have fun with them all.

..and it's really no one else's business, particularly not the media's.

Despite social and legal norms to the contrary, we see that it’s our business to know a player’s health status. Surely it’s our business about when a player does (or doesn’t) return to training?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Despite social and legal norms to the contrary, we see that it’s our business to know a player’s health status. Surely it’s our business about when a player does (or doesn’t) return to training?
Why is it our business which 'date' Mitchell told Ginni to return to training? He doesn't need to publicly declare to the football world the conversations he has with his own player.

I don't know what dates any of the other coaches have told any of their players from their own clubs which date they have to return.

Who said he was supposed to be there last week? No one has said that.

Cornes just 'thinks' he 'should' have been.

This is true.

Another possible explanation is that he’s rehabbing in a clinic and the club are covering for him.

Or another possible explanation is that he’s decided he doesn’t want to be a footy player anymore, and the Hawks are in crisis mode buying time and behind the scenes hoping they can change his mind.

There are many possible explanations, and we and the media have fun with them all.

Again, I'll admit that there are far more important stories in the world where people with access to the media are misrepresenting and misreporting on important events to further their own careers. I am very sensitive to this fact at this point in time. The questions behind why he didnt turn up don't involve life and death situations, but the toad's casualness with maligning someone is something I dont like.

Why is it our business which 'date' Mitchell told Ginni to return to training? He doesn't need to publicly declare to the football world the conversations he has with his own player.

I don't know what dates any of the other coaches have told any of their players from their own clubs which date they have to return.

Obviously Ginni was given extra time off. Seeing he played a bit of finals footy and the Hawks did not.

There's no "evidence" that the kanetoad thought he should be at training. The only facts are that he criticised ginnivan on SEN and this has maintained his profile in the off-season. I've also heard that the toad bleached his hair last year to make fun of jack's fashion sense.

There's no "evidence" that the kanetoad thought he should be at training. The only facts are that he criticised ginnivan on SEN and this has maintained his profile in the off-season. I've also heard that the toad bleached his hair last year to make fun of jack's fashion sense.
Cornes acknowledged he had no evidence. He was just being a prick.

Lol, Cornes making fun of someone else's sense. I actually thought he bleached his hair like Jack's as a way of apologising for all the s**t he had put on him & was now his number 1 fan after his Anzac Day performance.

Last edited:
Cornes acknowledged he had no evidence. He was just being a prick.

Lol, Cornes making fun of someone else's sense. I actually thought he bleached his hair like Jack's as a way of apologising for all the s**t he had put on him & was now his number 1 fan after his Anzac Day performance.

well thats a novel approach ...to think that the toad would apologise. I have no evidence to back this up but I always thought that the last thing that the toad would do would be to back down on one of his "analyses". Actually when you think about it, it's rather freeing to make assessments of people based solely on how you're feeling about them at the time you post. I've said a couple of positive things about the kanetoad in the past....not that I'm saying now that I was wrong. It was probably something about the weather on the day I posted. Maybe I skipped my ADHD meds....

Obviously Ginni was given extra time off. Seeing he played a bit of finals footy and the Hawks did not.
Pendles will be back training before he has to, as usual.
It's one of the many things that make him such a great player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back