List Mgmt. Trade & Draft Discussion 2023 post season - Picks Reid,30,40,49,66 (Bush league)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Eagles fans!

The embedded resources below are kept up to date by the trade board mods (as much as possible – we are human after all). Enjoy!

Keys you may like to sticky this post & move it to the start of the thread (so the sticky post doesn't rotate if a post is deleted before it), or copy it to your draft thread if you have one.

Some likeable names left on the board for sure, can't be too unhappy with access to the top 5 again next year.

It would be great to get Simpson if he is a realistic chance of being a best 22 player in the side we are building. Can't help but feel he'd be a placeholder for our first and second next year though then forgotten about.

I like all of Morris, Schoenmaker and Murphy and but it probably comes down to who is mobile enough to be getting to the most contests at the top level. Think I'm taking Morris. Will miss the super boot.

ZZ for sure.

Clay Hall for his Eagles roots and work ethic but gee I'd love Stephens with our last pick. Mad respect for 101 kegs at 18, kids living the dream.

First takeaway is I’d love to know what our offer to GWS for their first pick was. They used two picks in the teens and received a potential small upgrade of their F2. If it was our F1 on the table as thought, then they’re nuts for walking away from it

So I doubt we were offering a straight F1 for Curtin style trade
GWS know we're winning the flag next year, so no way they live trade 8 for F18.

Also, thanks for posting the pick trade summary. Seemed absent from the draft feeds.

Twomey has said he will discuss the many moves we tried to do with our future first.

I'm glad, but I'm not giving out gold stars to anyone at the club for it.

Also, how the heck did Melbourne (with their obvious needs), come out of the draft with a very outside midfielder and a small forward and did not address any structural issues? Lol.

They did. They focused on quality ball movement kicking to forwards inside 50.

It was their downfall the past two seasons. Inefficiency in the forward half.

Some likeable names left on the board for sure, can't be too unhappy with access to the top 5 again next year.

It would be great to get Simpson if he is a realistic chance of being a best 22 player in the side we are building. Can't help but feel he'd be a placeholder for our first and second next year though then forgotten about.

I like all of Morris, Schoenmaker and Murphy and but it probably comes down to who is mobile enough to be getting to the most contests at the top level. Think I'm taking Morris. Will miss the super boot.

ZZ for sure.

Clay Hall for his Eagles roots and work ethic but gee I'd love Stephens with our last pick. Mad respect for 101 kegs at 18, kids living the dream.

What a strange take on Simpson.

Really strange.

A super quick, line breaking mid who loves to run and carry.

He stands out big time with his explosive run.

And you feel he'll be forgotten in two years?

We have picks 30,40,49 and 66 which will come into the 50’s when clubs start passing

First point of call should be Hawthorn. They have 46,52,53 and one spot left for F/S Calsher Dear and don’t need 46 to match so offer them our F4 to see if they bite

Our main aim though should be to get another pick in the 30 to 40 range giving us 3 picks overall

That would guarantee us 3 of Simpson, Freijah, Schoenmaker, M Edwards, Hastie, Roberts, Jiath, Hall, Lual, Weatherill, Sanchez, Delean, Murphy, Zakostelsky, Lloyd, A Reid, Morris, Stevens or whoever you want to add. Posters will have their own opinions on who to prioritise but there’s 18 names there

So how to get the extra pick

Trading 30 and 49 to Geelong for 32 and 36 is the most obvious but that would require Geelong to really want to get ahead of us and Brisbane

I doubt Brisbane are going to offer 42 to move one spot from 31 to 30

St Kilda (33) don’t have another pick this year or next to trade up but might do our F3 and say 49 for 33. Maybe

Carlton (34) are in a similar boat to St Kilda and are more likely to be happy with our R3 for points reasons

Both those clubs would need to be happy about moving back in this years draft

Richmond 35 and 43 is risking moving back too far. Again our F3 and 49 maybe

Collingwood (37) for our F3 and 49 I like particularly because it gets us ahead of Fremantle at 38

I like the idea of keeping 30 and taking our first choice then trying a deal with Carlton or Collingwood using our F3

Using 3 picks before 40 gives us a late pick to use on someone like Fonti, De La Rue, Nyko, Philactides, Visentini or any sliders from the initial list I mentioned

Still scope for a decent draft

Aren't the Hawks keen on Jaith?

No purple or teal makes for a much better picture 🤣

View attachment 1857477

AFL doing what it does best. Manage the 'look'.

How come there isn't 4 North players in the picture?

None of their round 1 priority picks in the photo?

Anyone surprised? I'm not.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What a strange take on Simpson.

Really strange.

A super quick, line breaking mid who loves to run and carry.

He stands out big time with his explosive run.

And you feel he'll be forgotten in two years?

I don't think it's all that strange to wonder where a midfielder we pick up in the back end of a shallow draft fits into the scheme of things. Looks like a great prospect if a little undersized. Just asking the question where does he fit? Let's say we have pick one next year and split it for two first round midfielders. How many midfielders are we starting on the ground in our next premiership side? Is this kid first rotation or genuinely taking the spot of one of the half dozen first rounders we have in there or is he depth? I don't have any problem picking him tomorrow, he's on my wish list, and my wish for him and us would be for him to reach his full potential. But I expect from where he is placed in the draft that we are picking him as a solid depth option. If you think in two years time he's part of our core midfield group and will be play 200 games for us that's fantastic, one less mid to spend a pick on next year.

I don't think it's all that strange to wonder where a midfielder we pick up in the back end of a shallow draft fits into the scheme of things. Looks like a great prospect if a little undersized. Just asking the question where does he fit? Let's say we have pick one next year and split it for two first round midfielders. How many midfielders are we starting on the ground in our next premiership side? Is this kid first rotation or genuinely taking the spot of one of the half dozen first rounders we have in there or is he depth? I don't have any problem picking him tomorrow, he's on my wish list, and my wish for him and us would be for him to reach his full potential. But I expect from where he is placed in the draft that we are picking him as a solid depth option. If you think in two years time he's part of our core midfield group and will be play 200 games for us that's fantastic, one less mid to spend a pick on next year.

Our next premiership side won't have Gaff, Sheed, Kelly or Yeo in it.

Cripps also retired.

AFL had the perfect tool to protect our 2nd from being pushed so far back in access to collard and refused to use it whilst GCS and NM got given the world.

Do you think any club would disagree with the logic this is the worst club in the league and we’re trying to ensure their second pick falls as close to pick 19 as possible if that was the justification given?

Anyway today I’m gambling that Murphy slides a long way. Take Simpson first then hope ZZ makes our second pick. Then at third either Murphy, Weatherill or one of the HBF options.

When Curtin was picked his family commiserated him , it was no celebration . Felt sorry for him . Walters and friends were jubilant . I would say more chance that Curtin comes back to W A in a few years than Walters . Collard will be back soon . Hope we don't sell the farm in years to come.

When Curtin was picked his family commiserated him , it was no celebration . Felt sorry for him . Walters and friends were jubilant . I would say more chance that Curtin comes back to W A in a few years than Walters . Collard will be back soon . Hope we don't sell the farm in years to come.

Not like we didn't try. Just didn't have the right mix of picks to satisfy GWS.

But you are keen on George Stevens?

A big mid who lacks pace and isn't flashy, tackles well and is good by foot. Did an ACL already but has recovered.

He sounds like a Hamish Brayshaw mid. Good enough just not quick enough.

They used their second round pick as well.

Their third and fourth round picks they traded to help secure the Bulldogs future first round pick & one of Norths future end of first round priority picks.

So GC currently hold 3 future first round picks and 2 future second round picks.

An absolute rort. Time to stop the suns matching in the first round.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back