Prediction Next Coach Sacked (2024 edition)

Next coach sacked

• GWS- Adam Kingsley - Oct 2022

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't think it will be this year and if it does happen the coaching change will be by mutual agreement rather than an outright sacking or the coach departing without the support of the board, but if North Melbourne don't improve and continue to languish at or near the bottom of the ladder and plagued by off-field misfortunes in the next two seasons, how safe would Alistair Clarkson's position be given the weight of expectations and the revolving door of senior coaches at the struggling club since 2019?

It does my absolute head in when other Port supporters ask me “yeah but who are you going to get?”

It’s been happening for years too, and it’s even more baffling when you consider how unsuccessful Hinkley has been.
LoL Port Adelaide fans complain about 5 finals wins since 2012.

It's way better than other sides in the last 10-15 years

Would you say that last season the Crows performed above or below expectations?

Would you say last season Fremantle performed above or below expectations?

As I mentioned before, the Crows have improved significantly every year under Nicks. The same can't be said of similar rebuilding teams like the Roos & Hawks.
1st off about those dockers. Fremantle Dockers In 2023 performed below expectations. In 2022, dockers got 15 wins, 1 draw and only 6 losses. They topped a memorable season with their 1st finals won since 2015.

In 2023, dockers got 14th and 10 wins.

Crows in 2020 got 3 wins, 14 losses and a spoon. Should of finished with 5 or 6 wins and 15th or 16th spot.

2021 and 22, crows were bottom 6. 2023, they were finals contenders.

Going by way they are going, crows are either gonna make finals or just miss out. So around 7th to 10th.

Crows need a defensive coach In their squad.

Indeed…. But look at all the north supporters claiming they were injury plagued last year

TAD ... Talent Absence Disorder, is a serious condition but it is not a recognised injury.

LoL Port Adelaide fans complain about 5 finals wins since 2012.

It's way better than other sides in the last 10-15 years

They would have taken 3 or 4 of those wins if they were all in the same year. They've absolutely been in a position to make if not win a grand final.

Perfectly understandable why Port fans would be unhappy.

Justin Longmuir might be the most under pressure coach based on his current contract but that doesn't exactly equate to him DESERVING to be under the most pressure. Fremantle's abysmal trade & recruiting history are cultural issues that go way deeper beyond just the coach, and he's already shown that with the right tools he can make the finals.

That being said a bottom 4 year would probably be enough to give him the boot, although to be fair a replenished draft hand would mean they shouldn't have to go into another rebuild. It really depends on what the options are. Josh Carr has already pledged to staying at Port.

They would have taken 3 or 4 of those wins if they were all in the same year. They've absolutely been in a position to make if not win a grand final.

Perfectly understandable why Port fans would be unhappy.
well thats partially true.

No eagles fan is gonna sink the Boots on Adam Simpson for his decade of service as an eagles coach.

Eagles made a grand final in 2015. But we all know it was topped off when eagles won 3 finals in 2018 to get the 2018 flag.

I would have taken 3 finals wins in 2013 or 2015 under Ross Lyon as coach to see fremantle dockers get an elusive flag too.

Not sure about 'sacked' but I can see one of Hinkley or Chris Scott walking away if things go pear shaped before the bye

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mitchell wouldn’t want to be anchored in the bottom 4 again after 3 seasons in charge.
Wondering which teams, if any, the hawks can leapfrog?
History suggests that initial rebuild coaches have the odds stacked against them in the survival stakes …
I think he's doing ok with what he has.

I'm sure the Hawks are bullish on the list, but it still has a significant amount of holes.

Mitchell wouldn’t want to be anchored in the bottom 4 again after 3 seasons in charge.
History suggests that initial rebuild coaches have the odds stacked against them in the survival stakes …

We’re a lock for bottom 4 again this season but as long as we don’t cop consistent 60+ losses, Mitchell will be fine.

He’s a very good coach. He doesn’t have the list close to being built yet. The pieces are building, the issue is we’re a very young side. The majority of the players that will be in our next final side have all played under 50 games.

He’s been transparent with the club and supporters on the journey. He knows it’s going to take a long time.

Genuine question, but how do know this?

From watching the games we won last season. You don’t comprehensively beat the two grand finalists by “luck”. Even in the many games we lost, you could see the signs of the game style he’s looking to play.

He was also west coast’s midfield coach and a senior assistant when they won the flag.

Cleaning up a lot of top up mess

Has time imo. Probably 2-3 years to get them off the bottom
Midfield is going and tbh not exactly deep.
Backline is VFL std
And fwd line isnt exactly stacked with talent.

Needs time for likes of Mackenzie, ward, MacDonald, Watson, etc to catch up to Newc.

From watching the games we won last season. You don’t comprehensively beat the two grand finalists by “luck”. Even in the many games we lost, you could see the signs of the game style he’s looking to play.

He was also west coast’s midfield coach and a senior assistant when they won the flag.
Well you beat 2 grand final sides last season. What about the other 21 games?

I still remember in 2019 when the cats finished top but looked bad in certain games. Freo beat them easily by 6 or 7 goals in Perth. It turned out to be one of freos last wins under ross Lyon.

Saying that the ladder will be tight again.

I won't be shocked If hawks post only 4 or 5 wins.

I won't be shocked if hawks this year do what Freo did last season. 10 wins, 13 losses and 14th spot.

Not sure about 'sacked' but I can see one of Hinkley or Chris Scott walking away if things go pear shaped before the bye
Didn’t Scott extend? He looks all in for their rebuild and I think expectations aren’t high this year for the cats.

Hinkleys an interesting one. He’ll be given every chance to succeed this year and if he leaves it will be at least until their campaign is up.

I think he's doing ok with what he has.

I'm sure the Hawks are bullish on the list, but it still has a significant amount of holes.
Snap judgements on where lists sit after a practice match in March are crazy.

Nothing to do with the practice match. It's also not a problem because you guys haven't finished building.

I was just giving Mitchell a compliment.
Everything to do with the practice match though when you said the list has a significant number of holes based on that result.

The list has one significant hole and that’s a KPD to free up Sicily.

Back