Jacinta Allan - 49th Victorian Premier.

Remove this Banner Ad

They will if you have one posted in every residence and business across Victoria.

And every intersection, school, shopping centre, hospital, petrol station, train station, train, tram, bus, taxi, Uber, taxi rank, airport, sporting facility, etc, etc, etc.

If the state had several million police, the homicide rate would drop. Maybe not to zero, but certainly lower than now.

I can't believe no pollies have cottoned on to this. More people employed, safer streets, manufacturing industry for cars, uniforms, guns... oh, wait.
Meanwhile;

A major investigation has been launched over a “fake patient” scandal with a regional hospital accused of staging a full emergency department for a ministerial visit.
The Herald Sun has confirmed the matter was referred to both IBAC and the Victorian Ombudsman after Health Minister Mary Anne Thomas visited an urgent care clinic run by Colac Area Health in August last year.

The Department of Health is currently investigating the allegations that at least 10 patients, claimed to be Colac Area Health staff and family members, were admitted into a hospital bed where they pretended to be sick ahead of Ms Thomas’ visit.

This is Yes Minister material

Lol who gives a s**t
I could have said the exact same thing about your post yesterday about some private school going co-ed... I found the story about Colac to be amusing too.

I could have said the exact same thing about your post yesterday about some private school going co-ed... I found the story about Colac to be amusing too.
I mean you just did lol

Took six months to come out - that's impressive for a small, insular town such as Colac.
Are they part of a bigger health group?(I.e like how Casey hospital is part of Monash health). If its on it's own and not part of bigger organisation then it might be more insular.

Are they part of a bigger health group?(I.e like how Casey hospital is part of Monash health). If its on it's own and not part of bigger organisation then it might be more insular.

No, they're an integrated health body incorporating hospital care and other kinds of care.

Colac is a funny place. There is money in the surrounding farmland but the town itself displays little evidence of it. There are a few large scale employers (of which Colac Health would be one). It's far enough from the next large town (Geelong, Ballarat and Warrnambool are all at least an hour away) that it doesn't really have too much of a strong relationship with any of them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Commonwealth Games boss Jeroen Weimar scored a generous exit payout after the event was axed just months before he landed a new $500,000 government job.
The Allan government on Monday could not reveal the exact details of Mr Weimar’s exit package, believed to be about $160,000, but said it was in line with standard termination deals for executive-level bureaucrats.

Mr Weimar, who earned more than $500,000 a year as the chief executive of the Victoria 2026 organising committee, was one of a number of staff members to secure a termination package according to evidence before the Victorian parliamentary inquiry probing the cancelled event.

Commonwealth Games boss Jeroen Weimar scored a generous exit payout after the event was axed just months before he landed a new $500,000 government job.
The Allan government on Monday could not reveal the exact details of Mr Weimar’s exit package, believed to be about $160,000, but said it was in line with standard termination deals for executive-level bureaucrats.

Mr Weimar, who earned more than $500,000 a year as the chief executive of the Victoria 2026 organising committee, was one of a number of staff members to secure a termination package according to evidence before the Victorian parliamentary inquiry probing the cancelled event.
Not only the $160K payout but he remained on the government payroll for more than 3 months after his job became redundant, pocketing an extra $125K. He lands the new $500K government job in February 2024. Does this pass the pub test?

The pub test doesn't exist, because the people who apply it don't go to pubs, and people who go to pubs usually don't have the slightest idea about what the issue is.

On the other hand, it seems the Andrews/Allan Government really want to keep Weimar on the payroll.

The pub test doesn't exist, because the people who apply it don't go to pubs, and people who go to pubs usually don't have the slightest idea about what the issue is.

On the other hand, it seems the Andrews/Allan Government really want to keep Weimar on the payroll.
What does he know?

gotta love the top end hey

$500k for Chief Executive of the Organising Committee?? Give me a break, that's ******* insane.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back