MRP / Trib. Tribunal Thread - rules and offences discombobulation

Remove this Banner Ad

When i saw it i said 8 to 10 straight away. Knew they wouldnt do 10 so i thought 8 was reasonable when compared to what SPP got

AFL recommended 4 for Peps which he got
AFL recommenced 8 for Webster so i was content with that
The tribunal knocking 1 off and giving him 7 pisses me off no end. Why the **** does he get a game discount while Peps doesnt

While im pleased the next test for this came up so quick, we really need to see it when someone like Nick Daicos, Sam Walsh or another "loved" player from a big 4 club does it. Realistically no one gives a shit about some bog average St Kilda player that no one would be able to recognise you if you walked past him in the street

The "good character" rubbish is just ridiculous. The tribunal are not deliberating about releasing Webster back into the community, they're looking at a dangerous incident on a football field. The person who did it should have no bearing on the punishment.
I would be happy if they used character to reduce suspensions in terms of prior record at the tribunal. But once again that was something that was not taken in to consideration with Sam… it was his first suspension I think. No bad record to speak of.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A clumsy punch to the jaw, what does that even mean ?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Is this the first test case for a big vic club?

It was enough of a punch to get an instant reaction from Neale. Normally he would flop but pissed him enough to throw one back.
I thought they changed the gradings this year. That accident punches when wrestling would get graded as intentional not careless.

Someone correct me if I’m wrong…

But it’s a big Victorian club and the reigning Brownlow medalist, so that would never happen.

Considering the general trend of the AFL trying to take a lot of roughness out of the game (some for the better, some not), the fact that completely unnecessary off the ball punches are still considered somewhat acceptable (a ~2.5k fine is nothing for the players given salaries) is bizarre.
I can't think of any other sport around the world where it is permitted - do any rugby fans know if it is as accepted in NRL/Union?

Considering the general trend of the AFL trying to take a lot of roughness out of the game (some for the better, some not), the fact that completely unnecessary off the ball punches are still considered somewhat acceptable (a ~2.5k fine is nothing for the players given salaries) is bizarre.
I can't think of any other sport around the world where it is permitted - do any rugby fans know if it is as accepted in NRL/Union?

In Union, it’s not.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back