List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Keen to hear what people think.

What should be our number one preference, a ready made key forward to help Larkey, or a ready made Key defender?

Im leaning towards forward.

Forward for me. Logue coming back and the eventual progression of Will Dawson will see guys like Chom, Corr, Kal Dawson, Pink and Biggie settle in their right roles (be that seniors or no).

If Larkey goes down we are in danger. Ideally we draft one and recruit an established one. Carlton have McKay and Curnow and it didn't stop them getting Lemmey in (now seemingly taking the Chom route). The Lions have even more depth there - Daniher and Hipwood roam the joint but Logan Morris, Brandon Ryan and Luke Lloyd are just chilling in reserve.

Mitch Lewis.

Was raised by Kingy this morning when talking about Hawthorn needing draft capital.

Lewis and Larkey for the next 7 years as key forward posts, with Duursma, Ford and Curtis lurking around seems a solid option.
Why would they trade their only key forward? That'd be like us without Larkey. I don't get it.

Keen to hear what people think.

What should be our number one preference, a ready made key forward to help Larkey, or a ready made Key defender?

Im leaning towards forward.
I’m personally leaning to getting a big bodied mid, to help at stoppages and two small forwards who can move up the ground to add pressure. Hoping to stop so much easy ball moving around.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He is a defender, wouldn’t want him if he wants to play forward.
He was the second highest goal scorer for GC last year. One less than Ben King. Even tho he was playing third banana.
Drafted at #2 as a "potentially generational" tall forward.

And you wouldn't be able to find him a spot in our forward line? Please.

Key forward the priority

Unless you get a gun key defender and move chom back forward
Interesting....Chom is pretty much already our best key defender (Logue aside), I feel the next few months are about seeing who can stand up out of Biggie, K Dawson, and Pink until Logue gets back. I really liked what we saw from Biggie and think there's a lot of potential. I think K Dawson has looked serviceable and probably will be better with Griff back in the team. Who knows, Pink might be better too with Logue taking the best forwards. Hope we get a look at Will Dawson later in the year too. Corr is a placeholder for now Ideally, a mix of those guys can hold down key defence positions and we get to move Chom forward once Griff back. I think he's shown enough in 2 games to know he could be an elite Key Defender. Perhaps we get to see what sort of key forward he'd make later in the year as well.

We’d find a spot for Lukosius but he isn’t the answer to our issues. He plays like a third tall Gunston/Aaron Black type. Duursma will have that role covered in a few years time.

We need players who are contested marking threats.
That could be Finnbar,,,,,, reckon his kicking needs work though.....high half forward, mark handball to the running sheezel, goal, or pin point laser guided pass to Souv, Curtis, Ford, Drury, Duursma....whoever gets separation from their man.

Hugh Greenwood was meant to change the culture

Tucker was meant to change the culture

Liam Shiels was meant to change the culture.

You know who is attempting to change the culture? Harry Sheezel.

I'd prefer 1 more Harry for 100 x Liam Shiels collecting a few final pay checks.

I don't know where you got that front, to quote from the horse's mouth, clarkson said these mature aged recruits are not there to lead but to facilitate the talented youngsters to real their own maturity - Clarkson in 2022

We’d find a spot for Lukosius but he isn’t the answer to our issues. He plays like a third tall Gunston/Aaron Black type. Duursma will have that role covered in a few years time.

We need players who are contested marking threats.
Don't need to crash packs when you can boot them from 70+ metres out for fun.

Think About It GIF by Identity

Interesting....Chom is pretty much already our best key defender (Logue aside), I feel the next few months are about seeing who can stand up out of Biggie, K Dawson, and Pink until Logue gets back. I really liked what we saw from Biggie and think there's a lot of potential. I think K Dawson has looked serviceable and probably will be better with Griff back in the team. Who knows, Pink might be better too with Logue taking the best forwards. Hope we get a look at Will Dawson later in the year too. Corr is a placeholder for now Ideally, a mix of those guys can hold down key defence positions and we get to move Chom forward once Griff back. I think he's shown enough in 2 games to know he could be an elite Key Defender. Perhaps we get to see what sort of key forward he'd make later in the year as well.

I agree and i think that was the original intention of having him at the club in the first place.

Comben is a no brainer and im glad we didnt wait 8 years to do so like tarrant and daw. Bignoa would be the huge bonus if he could establish, which i think is quite likely as playing in defense has a narrower scope of tasks to focus on.

Dawson, Pink are similar to Corr, all 3 are transitional players.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back