List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

If we can turn Comben into a backman why cant we turn 1 of our backman into a forward....
Really good key forwards can play either end, not the other way round, and why Chom is probably on loan to the backline to get him up and running, protect him from himself, and until Griff gets back.

hmmmmm....Josh Walker.....several clubs tried, great set of hands, physical beast, but was 50/50 from the goal square.

He merely suffered from being at a bottoming club. He would have been much more servicable elsewhere.

I mean i wasn't too against getting peter wright here...

He merely suffered from being at a bottoming club. He would have been much more servicable elsewhere.

I mean i wasn't too against getting peter wright here...
hmmm,,,,geelong and lions suggest otherwise! Agree on Wright, made a lot of sense and was cheap at the time.

Really good key forwards can play either end, not the other way round, and why Chom is probably on loan to the backline to get him up and running, protect him from himself, and until Griff gets back.

I don't think so, we have past history with tarrant. We tried for 8 years to get him ready to be fwd only to get repeated injuries.

It took only 1 preseason for tarrant to settle as a keyback, a very good one at that.

I'm hypothesizing that comben's body just isn't suited to be a forward but his skillset is excellent in the backline.

Comben as a fwd is permadead. We need to nail down each position. Logue is a lock at fb when he's back. Comben at CHB. Larkey at FF. Only chf yet to be identified. Ruck is xerri's to keep. So gradually, by the end of 2024, we should have the get positions settled.

I don't think so, we have past history with tarrant. We tried for 8 years to get him ready to be fwd only to get repeated injuries.

It took only 1 preseason for tarrant to settle as a keyback, a very good one at that.

I'm hypothesizing that comben's body just isn't suited to be a forward but his skillset is excellent in the backline.

Comben as a fwd is permadead. We need to nail down each position. Logue is a lock at fb when he's back. Comben at CHB. Larkey at FF. Only chf yet to be identified. Ruck is xerri's to keep. So gradually, by the end of 2024, we should have the get positions settled.
W Dawson, Biggie, Kal Dawson, Corr, Pink...... you'd have to think medium term W Dawson at least out of those 5 would be in line for a key defender role alongside Logue, and Biggie could well replace Corr as a 3rd tall. There is literally only the developing Sellers and Maley forward (CCJ is injured and just not up to it). I don't disagree, I think Comben could be an elite defender, but gun key forwards don't grow on trees and I'd like to see if he can be that, he has all the attributes and the second half of the season once Logue is back I think gives us that opportunity to see what sort of synergy he and Larkey can have forward.

I was told today Band 1 is a genuine possibility for Zurhaar.

Cap space for some clubs is at ridiculous levels and the post Covid cap release as well as the CBA increase is much bigger than anticipated by clubs. Not all clubs had CPI/CBA increases and it’s only made their cap space explode even further.

Offers on the table for the likes of Hayward, Zurhaar, Hardwick (ie role players) have to be seen to be believed.

30-40% pay rises from just last year for most free agents.

I was told that Zurhaar may have a bigger offer than McKay did on the table.

$1.5-$2m per season is about to become the new benchmark for elite players.

Last edited:

Cap space for some clubs is at ridiculous levels.

Offers on the table for the likes of Hayward, Zurhaar, Hardwick have to be seen to be believed.

If we gave any of those players 900k+ on long term deals, I’d call for the club to be dergistered.

Keep the phone away from Rawlings.

Cap space for some clubs is at ridiculous levels and the post Covid cap release as well as the CBA increase is much bigger than anticipated by clubs.

Offers on the table for the likes of Hayward, Zurhaar, Hardwick (ie role players) have to be seen to be believed.

In that case, nice knowing you kid

Cap space for some clubs is at ridiculous levels and the post Covid cap release as well as the CBA increase is much bigger than anticipated by clubs.

Yeah I love camz but I’d take band 1 every day of the week.
Medium fwds we can afford to lose one

If we got pick 1, off the top of my head, these are the current players I'd consider trading it for (based on age & our needs)
JUH
Sam Taylor
Charle Curnow
Shai Bolton
Harley Reid

I'd also consider Tom Green, Nick Daicos & Zac Butters.

Forward for me. Logue coming back and the eventual progression of Will Dawson will see guys like Chom, Corr, Kal Dawson, Pink and Biggie settle in their right roles (be that seniors or no).

If Larkey goes down we are in danger. Ideally we draft one and recruit an established one. Carlton have McKay and Curnow and it didn't stop them getting Lemmey in (now seemingly taking the Chom route). The Lions have even more depth there - Daniher and Hipwood roam the joint but Logan Morris, Brandon Ryan and Luke Lloyd are just chilling in reserve.

Forward for me too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If we got pick 1, off the top of my head, these are the current players I'd consider trading it for (based on age & our needs)
JUH
Sam Taylor
Charle Curnow
Shai Bolton
Harley Reid

I'd also consider Tom Green, Nick Daicos & Zac Butters.

+

Walter
Rowell
Anderson
Serong
Gulden

You would have to add Heeney at the minute also, if he keeps up this form he’s going to win the Brownlow by about 10 votes

Yeah I love camz but I’d take band 1 every day of the week.
Medium fwds we can afford to lose one

Put it this way, it may be the solution to our problems if we managed to bottle lightening two off seasons in a row.

If we finished last, “somehow” managed Band 1 from CZ, you could split pick 2 for 2 later top 10 picks and try and obtain another top 25 pick.

Walk out with Smillie, Trainor, Shanahan, Whitlock x 2

2 x KPD, 2 x KPF and the biggest mid since Tom Green.

Look at guys at the power clubs not getting a gig consistently due to depth
That Neale guy from the cats is the type we should offer bigger deals to.
I think cats are grooming Neale to fill the Hawkins role. He looks great IMO. Another mid 30’s pick. We took Lazaro that year, after Neale was gone though, in fairness.

Seems that Bailey Dale is a bit on the nose with Bevo, worth a look ?

I wonder if we could package up all of Macrae, Daniel and Dale for some form of deal. Bevo has rooted their value, but 3 senior players would be very helpful.

I'd do it in a heartbeat.

Dale and Daniel release Sheez into the midfield.

Get a strong midfield mentor down to the club to teach Harry all the stoppage theory, then inject Harry into the middle and tell LDU and X that they are to listen to him.

Trade Simpkin for straight player for player or high 1st/low second rounder.

He is 26 years old. About to head into his prime and had won 2 Best and fairests.

Don't underestimate his mentor work with George and Harry either. Colby and Zane will be getting the same treatment.

He is a North Melbourne player for life.

Cap space for some clubs is at ridiculous levels and the post Covid cap release as well as the CBA increase is much bigger than anticipated by clubs. Not all clubs had CPI/CBA increases and it’s only made their cap space explode even further.

wow, good luck to him,,,,if true my #1 takeaway is the importance of sorting out LDU on a long term deal now.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back