Preview 2024 National Draft Preview Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

April 15th, 4 months from Rd 23, and here I am back in here sniffing around for scraps of hope
Seagull GIF

April 15th, 4 months from Rd 23, and here I am back in here sniffing around for scraps of hope
Seagull GIF
Another game like yesterday and we’ll be firing up the sum up our season in a gif thread.. again..

I desperately want a midfielder who has a real physical presence and who loves to tackle hard. A Viney/Rowbottom type.

The two that spring to mind are Sam Lalor from the GWV rebels and Cody Anderson from Eastern.

Lalor is highly touted as a bullocking inside mid who tackles to hurt. Is very Luke Parker like with his intensity and his overhead marking too. Hasn't got on the park this year yet though due to injury. Should be back out there shortly though.

Anderson is a tough inside mid from Eastern, tackles ferociously and is a fierce competitor. Needs to tidy up his disposal and decision making though as it very rushed at this early stage.
Are any of these in the 15-35 range at this point?

So many teams are picking up decent bulls outside the first round. I just don’t to have to cough up another top 10 pick on this type.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Another strong game from Taj Hotton who continues his hot start to the season. A late call up for the Academy, he quickly proved he belonged, consistently looking the most dangerous forward for his team and finishing among the best.

Looks like a goer. Who took that mark at 4:52?

Are any of these in the 15-35 range at this point?

So many teams are picking up decent bulls outside the first round. I just don’t to have to cough up another top 10 pick on this type.

Lalor will be around the 15 mark. He hasn't played yet this year but I don't think he is far away from resuming.

Anderson is on the smaller side (181cm) for an inside midfielder, and at this stage his disposal is pretty scrappy. I'd say he'll be taken later 30+ in the ND.

all we need to complete the deal is an impassable mountain gorge
The pedestrian bridge from Southern Cross to Marvel Stadium would make for a pretty good choke point. Not sure our current team could organise a shield wall, let alone a phalanx.

Last edited:
"Moares", "Morares", "Morez"... it doesnt matter what the commentators call him, Christian Moraes is one of the top prospects in this year's draft.

He had a strange game here. Starting on a wing and getting a bit lost in the first quarter, a move on ball in the second sparked him into life and he racked up 10 touches in the quarter. He game ended prematurely in the third quarter when he was crunched in a marking contest and looked to have copped a knee in the ribs.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back