Opinion Recruiting and List Management Team: Hamish Ogilvie, Justin Reid & Co

Should Hamish Ogilvie and Justin Reid be sacked?

• Both should be sacked

• Only Hamish Ogilvie should be sacked

• Only Justin Reid should be sacked

• Neither should be sacked

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

I thought it was bizarre a few years back when he described his pick of (I think) Jake Soligo as (paraphrasing) "he can just play football"

In contrast to his usual spiel about traits, good family, great attitude, best available, whatever

Reading between the lines it was like he was saying "this guy was picked solely on his football ability, whereas usually that's just a part of what we are looking for"

I think this plays into his drafting philosophy. He's always so concerned with other stuff, the good family vibes, making sure he has the right attitude, ignoring the value difference between certain positions to go best available. He loves and overvalues the player being a good person and he overrates versatility. A player that can play multiple positions poorly is worse than a player that plays one position to an elite level, but we typically go versatile.

In your list of midfielders (and other players) that he has drafted, I think one or more of these flawed aspects to his drafting was the overriding factor in the decision to pick the worse player

Chayce Jones - the draft profile from Rookie Me Central literally says "his character and personality have been noted as one of his biggest strengths". No mention of this on Zak Butters profile. Jones was a captain, Butters wasn't. Turns out being a good bloke doesn't mean you are good at football.

Luke Pedlar - yeah he could be a midfielder, but he was also played in the forward line a lot as a junior. Described as a goal kicking mid that could play either role. It's not yet proven he can play either role well

McHenry - another talked about as having a great attitude and team first approach. Could play as a midfielder or small forward based on where he played as a junior. Turns out he sucks at either role

Gallucci - hybrid mid-forward again

Rachele - hybrid mid-forward but mostly played as a forward that "could" play midfield. We're trying to bring him into the midfield at times but it's robbing us of a small forward because Hamish refuses to draft good pure small forwards.

Milera - is he a wing, half back, half forward? Another described as being versatile with multiple possible positions at AFL level

McAsey - another described as having the versatility to play forward or back.

Fogarty - was described in his draft profile as not having a clear position at AFL level, whether that was forward or midfield

Thilthorpe - again he is a ruck and a forward, compared to Logan McDonald who is just a forward. We'll see how that one goes

There are plenty of other players we've drafted with later picks that have clearly been selected again due to things like character or versatility. Just quietly we did this again with Dan Curtin.

It's abundantly clear we don't prioritize pure quality in one position, and when we have drafted players that have a clear position it's gone... well maybe not well but certainly better than grabbing the guys with no clear position.

And maybe this plays into development as well. If we're constantly picking players that could play 3 or 4 roles, instead of having a clear best position, we waste time experimenting with them around the ground. We've tried players like Jones and Milera all over the park. McAsey was played at both ends. Fogarty we tried in ******* defense. Of course good coaches should be able to identify a player's best position without stuffing around for season on end

So I think Hamish has and hasn't picked midfielders. The only player taken with a top pick I can see who was genuinely and predominantly a midfielder when selected was Jones. All the others are "maybe they will transition into the midfield" types.

Aside from not drafting midfielders Hamish hasn't taken a good pure small forward at the draft since Charlie Cameron a decade ago. He's never taken a good pure key position forward. He's never taken a good pure ruckman (don't say O'Brien, he's not good). He's never taken a good pure outside wingman (eg a Windsor or NWM type).

He has taken plenty of key defenders, medium defenders, small defenders and half forward flankers though

This may stunt their development too over the journey but looking into this year, the development is poor. I can’t name one player whose skills have improved, most have gone backwards. Our tacking is non existent and the players look as confused as ever. Our list isn’t as bad as they are playing but I think Nicks is confusing them as well.
Fresh start, kick them all out and start again is the only option but it will never happen

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

We’re in a deep, dark, black hole until the late 20’s now. Tippet-gate f*cked our last window and Hamish f*cked the current one.

Attachments

• IMG_6915.jpeg
    IMG_6915.jpeg
    100.4 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_6916.jpeg
    IMG_6916.jpeg
    93 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_6917.jpeg
    IMG_6917.jpeg
    95 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_6918.jpeg
    IMG_6918.jpeg
    95.5 KB · Views: 30

Godden is the main problem he cannot develop anyone. He ruined Jones and anyone who shows the slightest of promise. Sack the *ing POS.
Goddens philosophy is open to the world

Wait till they fix their errors and ignore their talents until they minimise the errors

McAsey was drafted as a genuine key defender. Pick 6 no less - the best pick the club had in years (started out as pick 4 but we did a deal to trade down because we knew we’d still get our man - gee I wonder why it was so easy to still get our man?). Ahead of Sam de Koning who is one of the best young key defenders in the league.
Very good summary

On McAsey he was meant to be the Talia replacement - but I acknowledge De Koning being available

Again its the failure to forecast how they will grow within the system - whether due to outside issues or internal issues

I did it with Will Gould thinking he would grow more than he actually did and forecasting that into a better fit for a Talia replacement

I’m not taking the piss. I agree with everything you said but it’s easier after the fact to criticise.
The issue with the hindsight argument is that myself, and many others, actively criticised the McAsey, Gallucci, McHenry and Milera picks (among others) at the time, and not just in hindsight. I’m just an average flog who has taken a very strong interest in the draft since around 2010, and while I’m certainly not an expert on it and don’t have any business posting full power rankings or anything, I watch a lot of footage of under 18s and have specific things I look for in players. I also have specific things that turn me off some players, such as the inability to fking kick properly, but that’s another story.

Didn’t like any of those 4 picks at those spots even before they were read out. Certainly didn’t really want to hear Chayce’s name either but I wasn’t devastated by it. By the time those respective drafts rolled around, it appeared almost certain we were drafting all of Milera, Gooch and McAsey, so there were plenty of opportunities to voice opinions on those 3, vs the other options at those picks, in particular.

In the case of Milera, I am on record in several threads from that year saying how much better a prospect Charlie Curnow looked than Wayne. I couldn’t get enough of Curnow. Screamed special talent. Screamed exactly what we lacked up forward. I certainly wasn’t on an island in thinking that.

In the case of Gallucci, I thought he was the worst possible option available at that pick. “Yuck” was a direct quote from me before we even drafted him. It reeked of “yay, he jumped high at the combine” over paying any attention at all to his junior footy performances and/or AFL upside. Will Hayward looked the logical choice at the time to me, and is another SA kid who could hold down a spot currently being gifted to McHenry / Murphy and co. While others such as Shai Bolton have outperformed Hayward since, I would certainly love Hayward right now over a blank fking list hole.

In the case of McAsey, I thought it was complete lunacy to spend Pick 6 on a key defender and said this at the time. Hayden Young was the player I liked best by far at that pick and I voiced this strongly. While Serong has turned out to be the best player to this point, Young would actually fit our midfield perfectly right now, and is a fantastic AFL player who would walk into any starting 18. Again, we have a blank McAsey sized hole on the list instead of an elite midfielder.

McHenry as a sub 180cm half forward who could float through the midfield wasn’t exactly enticing either. Looking back through my comments at the time though, it was mainly the trio of Riley Collier-Dawkins, X Duursma and Sam Sturt who I preferred over Ned, so it’s not exactly superstar stuff. Having said that, for all his shortcomings, I’d rather Duursma than any of Sholl / McHenry / Murphy / Pedlar / Smith / Hamill / Parnell / Cook in our side right now. Having said that, my preference at the time was Collier-Dawkins, so it’s flog Hamish vs flog me in swinging and missing big time with this pick.

Chayce Jones was another pick which had a lot of queries over it at the time. Now I’m NOT going to sit here and say that I would’ve picked Zak Butters because I wouldn’t have, but Jye Caldwell was the one that most of us preferred at that time which is also on record. People might not be huge fans of what Caldwell has produced to this point of his career (injuries a major factor) and he’s certainly no Zak Butters, but I guarantee I know who the more desirable player out of Caldwell and Jones is moving forward around the AFL. Caldwell just always looked a more enticing prospect than Jones to me and most others at the time i believe.

While we’re here, I would’ve been tossing up between Elijah Hollands and Logan McDonald instead of Thilthorpe (difficult to prove yet who will have the best career of the 3), would never have gone anywhere near Luke Pedlar (from memory I liked both of Reef McInnes and F MacRae there in the end - are either of them superstars? No. Would I rather either of them right now than Pedlar, who looks absolutely shot to bits? Yes), and would never have gone anywhere near Tom Doedee (Ryan Burton all the way at this pick). Would absolutely have selected Fogarty and also traded up for Curtin so no issues there.

Gotta give Hamish credit for Jake Lever though. I marginally preferred Jayden Laverde at the time because of Lever’s torn ACL, so that’s the one first rounder in his entire time here that he’s really nailed (you’d be hard pressed finding anyone who studied that draft who thought Lever was any chance of falling to Pick 14 though, so it was a bit of a “fell into our laps” scenario). Of course, Jake left and it’s probably a recruiter’s job to adequately assess flight risk, but still, we got a couple of great picks to waste from the trade so hoorayyyy. This was 10 years ago.

Full summary of me (BF Flog) vs Hamish in first rounds of all
national drafts since he took over from Rendell in March 2012.

2012:
NA - no first rounders due to Tippett fiasco

2013:

2014:
Hamish: Lever
BF Flog: Laverde
Verdict: Hamish wins comfortably despite Lever’s defection, but at least BF Flog’s guy likely sticks around instead of being traded for 1st round draft picks that Hamish subsequently completely wasted on junk

2015:
Hamish: Milera and Doedee
BF Flog: C Curnow and R Burton
Verdict: Flog annihilates Hamish and Crows have a hall of fame forward, and a solid SA utility, instead of an inconsistent flanker and an intercept defender of a strange height who can’t kick, and can’t stay on the park. Hard to lay all blame on Hamish here in fairness, as Curnow was likely a flight risk (apparently Lever, McAsey and McGovern weren’t though so hard to use that excuse really), and who knows what Milera and Doedee could’ve been without being wrecked by injuries.

2016:
Hamish: Gallucci
BF Flog: Hayward (plus the 10 other guys that most flogs would’ve taken ahead of Gooch)
Verdict: Flog annihilates Hamish and we have a starting 18 player who has very few weaknesses instead of an empty list slot

2017:
Hamish: Fog
BF Flog: Fog (no brainer once he unexpectedly fell to us)
Verdict: Tie

2018:
Hamish: Chayce and Ned
BF Flog: Caldwell and R Collier-Dawkins (clearly the best result in this draft involved trading up like Port did, or employing someone who knew better than Hamish or BF Flog that Butters was the right choice over Chayce and Jye)
Verdict: Small win to the flog here, because neither of Ned or RCD are AFL players, but Caldwell is clearly outperforming Chayce (and has more upside)

2019:
Hamish: McAsey
BF Flog: H Young
Verdict: Flog annihilates Hamish and we have an AA quality mid who complements the list perfectly as Young approaches his prime, instead of an empty list slot

2020:
Hamish: Thilthorpe, Pedlar and Cook
BF Flog: E Hollands, bid on McInnes (matched by Pies), then take F Macrae and Cook (less urgency for Thilthorpe here or L McDonald here with Curnow in the side I might add)
Verdict: this is a tie at this point. We’ll know in 30 odd games time who wins. Note: would’ve attempted to trade down to pick 4-5 to let another club come up the order to take L McDonald or Thilthorpe, gaining a major asset at either this or the next draft, AND taking Hollands at 4-5. Who knows if any takers, but that would’ve been my plan.

2021:
Hamish: Rachele
BF Flog: Erasmus
Verdict: Hamish is winning this at this point - gotta give them both another 30 games to see how it unfolds though as Rachele was always the more AFL-ready prospect of the two. I admit, it’s likely a win to Hamish, but we don’t know by how much. Pretty tough for Erasmus to crack into his best position yet when all of Young, Serong, Brayshaw and even Fyfe are dominating the inside midfield minutes at that club. Wonder if old mate Neil would have the same issue here competing against our midfield brigade? Lol

2022:
NA - of course we’re matching a Michalanney bid

2023:
Hamish: Trade up for Curtin, C Edwards, O Ryan
Me: Trade up for Curtin, McAuliffe, M Edwards (M Edwards is a ruckman from WA for those unfamiliar)
Verdict: way too early to tell. I certainly don’t hate Hamish’s choices here though. I wasn’t as vocal on forums prior to the 2023 draft, but those were absolutely my preferences and I know I mentioned the McAuliffe one somewhere on here.

I’m essentially just some muppet and overall, it’s pretty clear that I would’ve done a much better job with those first round picks than Ogilvie. Not hindsight. On record. That should say a lot.

I would absolutely say that Hamish would’ve done a better job with later picks than the likes of this flog (Soligo alone might just have saved Hamish’s career), but you generally win flags by nailing a decent percentage of your first round picks, and overall, our first round picks have been appalling by just about every measure under Ogilvie, and our decline into basket case club is directly proportional to this.

The issue with the hindsight argument is that myself, and many others, actively criticised the McAsey, Gallucci, McHenry and Milera picks (among others) at the time, and not just in hindsight. I’m just an average flog who has taken a very strong interest in the draft since around 2010, and while I’m certainly not an expert on it and don’t have any business posting full power rankings or anything, I watch a lot of footage of under 18s and have specific things I look for in players. I also have specific things that turn me off some players, such as the inability to fking kick properly, but that’s another story.

Didn’t like any of those 4 picks at those spots even before they were read out. Certainly didn’t really want to hear Chayce’s name either but I wasn’t devastated by it. By the time those respective drafts rolled around, it appeared almost certain we were drafting all of Milera, Gooch and McAsey, so there were plenty of opportunities to voice opinions on those 3, vs the other options at those picks, in particular.

In the case of Milera, I am on record in several threads from that year saying how much better a prospect Charlie Curnow looked than Wayne. I couldn’t get enough of Curnow. Screamed special talent. Screamed exactly what we lacked up forward. I certainly wasn’t on an island in thinking that.

In the case of Gallucci, I thought he was the worst possible option available at that pick. “Yuck” was a direct quote from me before we even drafted him. It reeked of “yay, he jumped high at the combine” over paying any attention at all to his junior footy performances and/or AFL upside. Will Hayward looked the logical choice at the time to me, and is another SA kid who could hold down a spot currently being gifted to McHenry / Murphy and co. While others such as Shai Bolton have outperformed Hayward since, I would certainly love Hayward right now over a blank fking list hole.

In the case of McAsey, I thought it was complete lunacy to spend Pick 6 on a key defender and said this at the time. Hayden Young was the player I liked best by far at that pick and I voiced this strongly. While Serong has turned out to be the best player to this point, Young would actually fit our midfield perfectly right now, and is a fantastic AFL player who would walk into any starting 18. Again, we have a blank McAsey sized hole on the list instead of an elite midfielder.

McHenry as a sub 180cm half forward who could float through the midfield wasn’t exactly enticing either. Looking back through my comments at the time though, it was mainly the trio of Riley Collier-Dawkins, X Duursma and Sam Sturt who I preferred over Ned, so it’s not exactly superstar stuff. Having said that, for all his shortcomings, I’d rather Duursma than any of Sholl / McHenry / Murphy / Pedlar / Smith / Hamill / Parnell / Cook in our side right now. Having said that, my preference at the time was Collier-Dawkins, so it’s flog Hamish vs flog me in swinging and missing big time with this pick.

Chayce Jones was another pick which had a lot of queries over it at the time. Now I’m NOT going to sit here and say that I would’ve picked Zak Butters because I wouldn’t have, but Jye Caldwell was the one that most of us preferred at that time which is also on record. People might not be huge fans of what Caldwell has produced to this point of his career (injuries a major factor) and he’s certainly no Zak Butters, but I guarantee I know who the more desirable player out of Caldwell and Jones is moving forward around the AFL. Caldwell just always looked a more enticing prospect than Jones to me and most others at the time i believe.

While we’re here, I would’ve been tossing up between Elijah Hollands and Logan McDonald instead of Thilthorpe (difficult to prove yet who will have the best career of the 3), would never have gone anywhere near Luke Pedlar (from memory I liked both of Reef McInnes and F MacRae there in the end - are either of them superstars? No. Would I rather either of them right now than Pedlar, who looks absolutely shot to bits? Yes), and would never have gone anywhere near Tom Doedee (Ryan Burton all the way at this pick). Would absolutely have selected Fogarty and also traded up for Curtin so no issues there.

Gotta give Hamish credit for Jake Lever though. I marginally preferred Jayden Laverde at the time because of Lever’s torn ACL, so that’s the one first rounder in his entire time here that he’s really nailed (you’d be hard pressed finding anyone who studied that draft who thought Lever was any chance of falling to Pick 14 though, so it was a bit of a “fell into our laps” scenario). Of course, Jake left and it’s probably a recruiter’s job to adequately assess flight risk, but still, we got a couple of great picks to waste from the trade so hoorayyyy. This was 10 years ago.

Full summary of me (BF Flog) vs Hamish in first rounds of all
national drafts since he took over from Rendell in March 2012.

2012:

2013:

2014:
Hamish: Lever
BF Flog: Laverde
Verdict: Hamish wins comfortably despite Lever’s defection, but at least BF Flog’s guy likely sticks around instead of being traded for 1st round draft picks that Hamish subsequently completely wasted on junk

2015:
Hamish: Milera and Doedee
BF Flog: C Curnow and R Burton
Verdict: Flog annihilates Hamish and Crows have a hall of fame forward, and a solid SA utility, instead of an inconsistent flanker and an intercept defender of a strange height who can’t kick, and can’t stay on the park. Hard to lay all blame on Hamish here in fairness, as Curnow was likely a flight risk (apparently Lever, McAsey and McGovern weren’t though so hard to use that excuse really), and who knows what Milera and Doedee could’ve been without being wrecked by injuries.

2016:
Hamish: Gallucci
BF Flog: Hayward (plus the 10 other guys that most flogs would’ve taken ahead of Gooch)
Verdict: Flog annihilates Hamish and we have a starting 18 player who has very few weaknesses instead of an empty list slot

2017:
Hamish: Fog
BF Flog: Fog (no brainer once he unexpectedly fell to us)
Verdict: Tie

2018:
Hamish: Chayce and Ned
BF Flog: Caldwell and R Collier-Dawkins (clearly the best result in this draft involved trading up like Port did, or employing someone who knew better than Hamish or BF Flog that Butters was the right choice over Chayce and Jye)
Verdict: Small win to the flog here, because neither of Ned or RCD are AFL players, but Caldwell is clearly outperforming Chayce (and has more upside)

2019:
Hamish: McAsey
BF Flog: H Young
Verdict: Flog annihilates Hamish and we have an AA quality mid who complements the list perfectly as Young approaches his prime, instead of an empty list slot

2020:
Hamish: Thilthorpe, Pedlar and Cook
BF Flog: E Hollands, bid on McInnes (matched by Pies), then take F Macrae and Cook (less urgency for Thilthorpe here or L McDonald here with Curnow in the side I might add)
Verdict: this is a tie at this point. We’ll know in 30 odd games time who wins. Note: would’ve attempted to trade down to pick 4-5 to let another club come up the order to take L McDonald or Thilthorpe, gaining a major asset at either this or the next draft, AND taking Hollands at 4-5. Who knows if any takers, but that would’ve been my plan.

2021:
Hamish: Rachele
BF Flog: Erasmus
Verdict: Hamish is winning this at this point - gotta give them both another 30 games to see how it unfolds though as Rachele was always the more AFL-ready prospect of the two. I admit, it’s likely a win to Hamish, but we don’t know by how much. Pretty tough for Erasmus to crack into his best position yet when all of Young, Serong, Brayshaw and even Fyfe are dominating the inside midfield minutes at that club. Wonder if old mate Neil would have the same issue here competing against our midfield brigade? Lol

2022:
NA - of course we’re matching a Michalanney bid

2023:
Hamish: Trade up for Curtin, C Edwards, O Ryan
Me: Trade up for Curtin, McAuliffe, M Edwards (M Edwards is a ruckman from WA for those unfamiliar)
Verdict: way too early to tell. I certainly don’t hate Hamish’s choices here though. I wasn’t as vocal on forums prior to the 2023 draft, but those were absolutely my preferences and I know I mentioned the McAuliffe one somewhere on here.

I’m essentially just some muppet and overall, it’s pretty clear that I would’ve done a much better job with those first round picks than Ogilvie. Not hindsight. On record. That should say a lot.

I would absolutely say that Hamish would’ve done a better job with later picks than the likes of this flog (Soligo alone might just have saved Hamish’s career), but you generally win flags by nailing a decent percentage of your first round picks, and overall, our first round picks have been appalling by just about every measure under Ogilvie, and our decline into basket case club is directly proportional to this.

I agree with you and the big one in MacAsey was the big one that made no sense at all. MCHenry also has no AFL attributes. Besides Daniel from the dogs, if you are under 180 cm you need speed and he has none. Feel like Hamish is to Vic rhetoric and most of the time the SA born player has been better. I really thought NWM instead of Rash as I thought kick kicking was out of site.
The whole club needs to change tactics and look into the recruitment and development as it’s lacking resources and just isn’t working

FB_IMG_1713736890029.jpg

We've been here before. Next minute: Chris Burgess, the end.

View attachment 1966892

We've been here before. Next minute: Chris Burgess, the end.
Imagine saying this after round 6 of a season in which we were expected to contend and re-signed our coach.

Sounds like more "blame the players" to me and there's lads now who would be thinking "stuff this" as a result.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Surely there is no way Ogilvie remains at the club in 2025. Even at the AFC where accountability doesn't exist, you can't remain in your job when you have failed in so many drafts.

He needs to be gone asap so we can get someone in who can assist with a strategy to help get us out of this mess.

Surely there is no way Ogilvie remains at the club in 2025. Even at the AFC where accountability doesn't exist, you can't remain in your job when you have failed in so many drafts.

He needs to be gone asap so we can get someone in who can assist with a strategy to help get us out of this mess.

The club is delusional. The only way we will see some form of changes asap is if we lost to north, then we smashed by port and for the rest of the season, the fans stay home.

Didn't the club come out a few years ago and say our drafting over the previous five years (which included 2019, 2018 and 2016) was a resounding success and something like we nailed 4 of 5 drafts?

No way we sack our recruiting team if we thought those years were huge successes

I agree with you and the big one in MacAsey was the big one that made no sense at all. MCHenry also has no AFL attributes. Besides Daniel from the dogs, if you are under 180 cm you need speed and he has none. Feel like Hamish is to Vic rhetoric and most of the time the SA born player has been better. I really thought NWM instead of Rash as I thought kick kicking was out of site.
The whole club needs to change tactics and look into the recruitment and development as it’s lacking resources and just isn’t working

i woudl be happu to recommend you to the recruiting spot mate... you have done better than the guys in paid positions only because their dads or mates are part of the AFC boys club

John Reid screwed us with his dodgy Tippett deal that cost 4 draft picks
John Reid’s son has screwed us since.

And Rankine and Dawson wanted to come home to the club they had barracked for as kids. Anyone could have got them home. Dawson touring Ports facilities with his manager, 200 game player Michael Doughty and then choosing us does not count as great recruiting.

Didn't the club come out a few years ago and say our drafting over the previous five years (which included 2019, 2018 and 2016) was a resounding success and something like we nailed 4 of 5 drafts?

No way we sack our recruiting team if we thought those years were huge successes

It's very disheartening when you hear comments like this knowing that the people who hold the future of our club in their hands really have no idea what they are doing.

From here the only way I will be confident that we are heading in the right direction is if I see wholesale sackings in the football dept.

I think he does have an eye for some talent, he's picked enough players who turned out to be good that it's more than just luck. The issue is his blinkers are magnified in the midfield because he seems to have a very small, old school range of skills he rates highly there, contest, tackling and endurance and it has left the midfield one dimensional and largely ineffective.

That's not to say he's blameless because development definitely has hurt some, but there needs to be a more modern thought process to what skills we go after in our midfielders.

I also think another issue may be given Nicks approach to things he would fully be on board with us continuing the Hamish approach to selecting midfielders.
Hamish, and his group, can't identify midfield talent.

I bet Rozee was never on their midfield radar, because he played HB at North.

Instead he went the obvious Chayce Jones who yes was a mid at junior level.

But you read their draft bios, Rozees negative was body size and contested ball. Both fixed with a couple of seasons in the gym. Although u could argue Rozee goes missing in a high pressure game.

Jones, playing midfield as a kid. But his negative was decision making. Low IQ.
Junior level midfield is pretty much straight up and down. See ball, get ball, move it on. Minimal gameplay tactics to learn.

What we see in Jones at AFL level is exactly that. Good in straight lines, struggles when has to think through play.

Other positions Hamish is good. Just can't see midfield potential.

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app

John Reid screwed us with his dodgy Tippett deal that cost 4 draft picks
John Reid’s son has screwed us since.

And Rankine and Dawson wanted to come home to the club they had barracked for as kids. Anyone could have got them home. Dawson touring Ports facilities with his manager, 200 game player Michael Doughty and then choosing us does not count as great recruiting.
I don't know about Reid, our trading/list management has generally been OK, Keays was decent DFA pickup, Dawson( got cheap) Rankine (overpaid), got Rachele and Soligo signed to long deals early in their careers.

Our inability to draft anyone of elite talent is crippling.

Your hardly the 'messiah'when it comes to rating draft talent, you would have had us taking Jonty Scharenberg and Jack Graham in last year's draft, Scharenberg who went undrafted in both the National Draft and Rookie Draft and Jack Graham who is as yet to get anywhere near a debut.

So not only Hamish got it wrong but the recruiters from the other 17 clubs got it wrong with regard to Scharenberg??

Hamish>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Marty36

Yes I would have taken jack graham then he wouldn’t have kicked 3 goals and destroyed Sloane in the 2017 GF

Was that our flag if graham was not playing for Richmond

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Back