Media Swans Talk in the Media 2024

Our club in the Media

Remove this Banner Ad

Three of the Legends inductees for the inaugural NSW Australian Football Hall of Fame intake: Paul Kelly, Tony Lockett and Richard Colless. Three men who absolutely changed the fabric of footy in the state.

04MAY24: Sydney Swans vs G S Match Reports New

Paywalled:
Want to put the brakes on the run from the GWS defence? Then stop Lachie Whitfield!

Whilst I may have got the player wrong in the preview, it was clear that great minds think alike, with John Longmire deploying James Jordon to stifle the creativity of Whitfield as a defensive half-forward.

Last edited:
Swans’ burning question: How good do they look in their first real test in ages?

The dirty little secret of Sydney’s 6-1 start is they haven’t played anybody since mid-March.

Soooooo, have we dispelled that "dirty little secret"?
I mean, we've beaten four of the other current top eight sides and by my reckoning we are the only team to have done that, so I wonder whoever the moron was that wrote that will change their tune.

Referring to the Anzac bridge as the East-West divide is nonsense. I lived on the Balmain peninsula for many years. It's wall to wall Swans supporters. Swans just announced a sponsorship deal with White Bay Brewery on the Balmain Peninsula.

The only Giants fans near Balmain were a few poor bastards stuck in traffic on the Iron Cove Bridge, listening to the derby on the radio and dying in sympathy with their team as they sucked fumes and turned blue from carbon-monoxide.

On the bright side, it's a shorter drive home when the game ends and the kids can enjoy feeding any non-breathing family members to the bull sharks.

Perhaps the Iron Cove bridge could be painted half blood red and half puke orange for the Derby.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Swans’ burning question: How good do they look in their first real test in ages?

The dirty little secret of Sydney’s 6-1 start is they haven’t played anybody since mid-March.

Soooooo, have we dispelled that "dirty little secret"?
I mean, we've beaten four of the other current top eight sides and by my reckoning we are the only team to have done that, so I wonder whoever the moron was that wrote that will change their tune.
Tomorrow the academy articles will start.

You don't think the conditions made it tough for their forwards? Yeah mine is the strange take.

I’m unsure if you were at the game but the conditions were not as bad as you would think. It pissed down in the second but was pretty dry after that.

Regardless, losing Tom McCartin was covered more easily against GWS than and their forwards than other teams as Rampe, Melican, Blakey, and Fox still match up ok against Brown, Hogan, and Riccardi. GWS losing Tom Green is possibly a bigger loss but doesn’t account for the dominance we had.

If we win it's down to some failure in our opponent, the ground, the weather, the system, the fixture, the academy, Buddy's long contract, the umpiring, Horse's North Melbourne roots or the other team just not showing up.

If we win or lose we are pretenders and a dozen commentators are going to tell us our game is broken and can never be fixed

Technically on the scoreboard we might have beaten Collingood, but they 'just didn't look right', Melbourne well that was 'a weirdly slippery night', Essendon never make finals so you can't count them and we only beat GWS because Tom Green went down.

So by my calculations on the moral victory ladder we are ~ 12th.

David King; 'Question needs to be asked is Horse safe?'.

David King on TV the other night.
"I have the Big three as contenders."
*ignoring the swans.

Geelong, GWS and Carlton.

How'd those apples go this round?
When giving his top four seedings for the week on Whately's Monday morning SEN show, he also said that his top three were a long way ahead of the rest and weren't going to change for a long time, regardless of what happened in ensuing weeks. I wonder if a week is a long time in footy.

When giving his top four seedings for the week on Whately's Monday morning SEN show, he also said that his top three were a long way ahead of the rest and weren't going to change for a long time, regardless of what happened in ensuing weeks. I wonder if a week is a long time in footy.
I can almost forgive those comments around Geelong and GWS but I don't know how anyone who has watched Carlton closely this year could put them that far ahead of us. They will genuinely struggle to make top 4, let alone win a flag. Top 8 might even be a battle for them.

I can almost forgive those comments around Geelong and GWS but I don't know how anyone who has watched Carlton closely this year could put them that far ahead of us. They will genuinely struggle to make top 4, let alone win a flag. Top 8 might even
be a battle for them.
Start of season I had them anywhere between 7-12 as a mid table team. Tipped them to miss the 8.

David King on TV the other night.
"I have the Big three as contenders."
*ignoring the swans.

Geelong, GWS and Carlton.

How'd those apples go this round?
I still have doubts about if Sydney can get the job done in good weather on the MCG, on a Friday night, if it's a full moon, and it's winter and they haven't gone for a swim at the beach that morning. That's a concern for me. I think that if they can't do that then their game won't hold up in September.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back