Autopsy Roast & Toast vs Fremantle & Changes for R9 vs Bulldogs

Best 5 vs Freo?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

what other sports league has a system where the teams that finish last get top draft picks

this country is farrked, tall poppy syndrome

or is it the state we're in. nrl is run way better, if youre rich youre rich and if youre poor, BAD LUCK

Two obvious ones - Grimes and Prestia retiring. Dusty is either playing at Richmond or retiring. The current wing situation will be interesting. And another has been told to explore options. And Baker? Hmmmmmm. Plus a couple of others. So not unexpected you might say.
I can see the uncoontracted players retiring or returning home, but telling someone in contract to explore options is pretty aggressive, unless they are unhappy with us being down for a while. Interesting to see how it pans out, but also don't you have to pay 90% of the salary cap minimum? I reckon we would be struggling to get to that next year.

I know it will never ever happen but imagine if say in our next few home games basically no Richmond fans turned up at all. I am going to Dreamtime (our home game this year ) but just imagine only the Essendon fans turning up. A huge marque game on the AFL calender and a protest happening of epic proportions. Would be fun watching Dillon and his goons on the backfoot in panic mode.
I don’t want to hurt the club. So i will always pay my membership, but, as i have said previously, why should i invest time in heading to Melbourne for stuff like today?
So ultimately small business in Melbourne gets hurt as people like me drop off from coming to games and choose to stay home.

I have heard there’s a clean out coming. It’s gonna make a few here happy. Me personally, when told, it all made sense. Huge off season coming.
It’s pretty evident we’re gonna turn the list over , to re sign some of these old injury prone stagers like pres would be straight from the wc playbook , the limited availability from our list has been diabolical on our fortunes , the silver lining is we actually needed a bottom 4 finish to replenish top end talent

the league ceo mentions a "competitive balancing mechanism" with a shite eating grin and there are crickets in the media

why is this ?
All this crap about Dillon being a Tigers supporter as a kid. Mmmnnnn. Campaigner is a Swans supporter. Guess whos currently on top of the ladder. Don't have the heart to tell the Mrs but her Swans are primed to make another GF this year.............and lose it because that's what the Swans do. 😏

Last edited:
I have heard there’s a clean out coming. It’s gonna make a few here happy. Me personally, when told, it all made sense. Huge off season coming.
Scream GIF by Steve Harvey TV

All this crap about Dillon being a Tigers supporter as a kid. Mmmnnnn. Campaigner is a Swans supporter. Guess whos currently on top of the ladder. Don't have the heart to tell the Mrs but her Swans are primed to make another GF this year.............and lost it because that what the Swans do. 😏
he reckons he was a swan till 5 years old then switched

absolute horseshite imo

(Log in to remove this ad.)

CB do you put the players niggle and argy bargy down to being fed up and frustrated with the constant umpire bullshit. I was there too and could sense that everyone has had enough
I think our club and players are bemused, frustrated and confused by the current situation. But ultimately the AFL doesn’t GAF about us because we are big and financial. We’re not the priority. They can afford to ream us.

I can see the uncoontracted players retiring or returning home, but telling someone in contract to explore options is pretty aggressive, unless they are unhappy with us being down for a while. Interesting to see how it pans out, but also don't you have to pay 90% of the salary cap minimum? I reckon we would be struggling to get to that next year.
We have told the player yes. We have 20 players uncontracted. And we obviously have interest in bringing other clubs players accross as well. So, we’ll pay the 90 no probs.

Yeah, you could feel it today. It’s not frustration i felt/saw today. It’s something different.
Not only have we been shafted financially with the fixture I was going to say draw but that is ancient history, the on-field officials are not giving our team a fair go. It is either umpire cheating or a directive from the AFL

I don’t want to hurt the club. So i will always pay my membership, but, as i have said previously, why should i invest time in heading to Melbourne for stuff like today?
So ultimately small business in Melbourne gets hurt as people like me drop off from coming to games and choose to stay home.
I live in Richmond and so proud of myself to not waste my time going today ...

Jimmy Fallon Good Job GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

Where does it show his ZERO tackles? Give up mate ... KMac2 already ahead of him ... should be dropped for Prestia this week
That’s your opinion and that’s fine. I’m happy to continue and invest in the future. I wonder if he would be playing better with more experienced support around him. He’s played 20 games. Happy to give him a good run at it.

It’s pretty evident we’re gonna turn the list over , to re sign some of these old injury prone stagers like pres would be straight from the wc playbook , the limited availability from our list has been diabolical on our fortunes , the silver lining is we actually needed a bottom 4 finish to replenish top end talent
Yeah, clear out some olber players. Bring in the next Cotch/Dusty etc. it really is that simple.

Credit to kelti gee he’s making a fair fist of his start to league footy , reckon he was on the end of the only few decent entries we had , we only had a paltry 39 , most were rubbish so not much fun down there , can clunk a nice mark and a really neat kick . If we can get a decent FF that plays week in week out , hopefully Balta then it’s a start to building a structure
Brown is tracking nicely , has a cool head and penetrating kick , big future.
Good start to some midfield time for sonz , had some qty possies , back him in coz I reckon he can build on that

Not only have we been shafted financially with the fixture I was going to say draw but that is ancient history, the on-field officials are not giving our team a fair go. It is either umpire cheating or a directive from the AFL
My personal opinion is yes, there’s a bias against us. It really is obvious.

Mate, it was really tense where I was sitting. Haven't seen that for a helluva long time.
Me too. It was a different feeling. Like I actually stayed the whole time just to roast the umps. I can handle getting beat, but the non holding the ball frees we should get and the throws missed that cost us goals just sends me into a rage spiral

On a side note, my disinterest in the AFL is such that now i basically don’t watch anything other than Richmond and i no longer consume any AFL media. I no longer listen to SEN either. Don’t read papers either. Anyone else like this now?
I am more invested in local footy.

Back