Coach Fages and the coaching group

Remove this Banner Ad

The biggest disappointment was our inaccuracy costing us a 10+ goal win IMO
Yeah, I'd be interested of those being critical would be singing the same thing had we converted better. We were so clearly the best team and much of that was down to our dominance around the stoppages and the surety of our field kicking despite the dewy conditions.

I feel like some people just like to seem contrarian or overly analytical even after good wins. Nothing wrong with a bit analysis, but sometimes just enjoy a win for what it is.

Fagan flipped the game plan and it led to way better looks for our forwards, got the ball deeper so it was easier for our backs to defend. He’s literally done what we were all whinging about. Plus we got 2 decent debuts.
All of a sudden guys like Reville ,and Sharp and Morris particularly ,whom you could've doubted whether they were ready or ever be ready have shown that they can play Senior footy in one game.

So the mantra that we would go worse if we had to play these guys in preference to anyone who'd been coughing it up for a while has proven to be BS for the time being.

All of a sudden guys like Reville ,and Sharp and Morris particularly ,whom you could've doubted whether they were ready or ever be ready have shown that they can play Senior footy in one game.

So the mantra that we would go worse if we had to play these guys in preference to anyone who'd been coughing it up for a while has proven to be BS for the time being.

Probably shouldn't get too excited just yet

OR

Giving these guys time to find form in the VFL has allowed them to have a greater impact at AFL level.

OR

Giving these guys time to find form in the VFL has allowed them to have a greater impact at AFL level.
Yep. Maybe.

Opportunity is a big factor in life and sports. The good thing is that when they got it they took it. So that's a lot more comforting for the club than wondering whether they could. Morris's debut will become a folklore legend if he manages to evolve into a regular player.

I'm not in any way downgrading the effort put in by our team , they were fully committed and almost to a man tried hard all night which is a massive tick compared to a few games this year. And then to keep going and maintain attack on the ball when some of them were clearly gassed was brave , credit to all.

But I was staggered at how disinterested GC were . Dimma seemed really aggravated in the box but they hadn't put any time into the matchups. Then seemed to expect it all to happen after half time without any lift in intensity. It was a pathetic effort from GC .No one tried to fly the flag at all.
You can be very proud of the win because of the situation the boys found themselves in with 2 on the bench, one of those having already played a full game of footy and also admit that GC were appallingly bad and we may have been lucky that a better team didn't make us pay for our mistakes, many of which I am sure exhaustion had something to do with.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

OR

Unlimited vfl yes developed skills, but doesn't give them confidence at Afl level. Which is critical.

The absurdity of last night was a great opportunity for debutants and younger players to stand up and get that confidence. No over thinking, no time to second guess, just had to crack in.

And they did. Will boost the entire youth fleet - if they can, so can we. There'll be more strutting this week then we've seen in years.

I hope we do not blow this opportunity and bring in Jarryd Lyons, Shadeau Brain in is a no brainer.

Brain, Reville and Sharp really up our enthusiasm, aggression and run significantly, Brain and Reville both very good kicks as well, Sharp has definitely improved his kicking too and he is sticking his tackles.

There has been some fantastic signs re the ability of our coaching group to develop players lately.

Yep. Maybe.

Opportunity is a big factor in life and sports. The good thing is that when they got it they took it. So that's a lot more comforting for the club than wondering whether they could. Morris's debut will become a folklore legend if he manages to evolve into a regular player.
In ten years time it will be part of Lions mythology how Morris run 26 ks in the ressies game at Midday, and having to run further 26 ks to get to the Gabba, stopping half way at Macas for a quick burger only to find the bridge blocked and having to swim across a shark infested waters to get to the ground. Having got there with minutes to spare he realized he left his boots behind and played barefoot running another 18 km during the game also kicking a goal that made the difference in Brisbane's win.
Legend

On F1 using BigFooty.com mobile app

I hope we do not blow this opportunity and bring in Jarryd Lyons, Shadeau Brain in is a no brainer.

Brain, Reville and Sharp really up our enthusiasm, aggression and run significantly, Brain and Reville both very good kicks as well, Sharp has definitely improved his kicking too and he is sticking his tackles.

There has been some fantastic signs re the ability of our coaching group to develop players lately.

By lately you mean last night right? 🤣

Before that we were crap at it.

In ten years time it will be part of Lions mythology how Morris run 26 ks in the ressies game at Midday, and having to run further 26 ks to get to the Gabba, stopping half way at Macas for a quick burger only to find the bridge blocked and having to swim across a shark infested waters to get to the ground. Having got there with minutes to spare he realized he left his boots behind and played barefoot running another 18 km during the game also kicking a goal that made the difference in Brisbane's win.
Legend

On F1 using BigFooty.com mobile app
I was there, well not me but my uncle and he told me that this is 100% what happened.

You can be very proud of the win because of the situation the boys found themselves in with 2 on the bench, one of those having already played a full game of footy and also admit that GC were appallingly bad and we may have been lucky that a better team didn't make us pay for our mistakes, many of which I am sure exhaustion had something to do with.
This is very much where I am. So very proud at how well we did to run out the game and especially tactically maintaining possession was exactly what we had to do to control the game and preserve energy. The kick mark holding controlling the ball was great execution of a game plan. I also think this is one game where there were times when players were allowed to "give up" and not chase as they all had to really be smart on how much effort they burnt.

But at the same time I would be so pissed as a GC coach or supporter. All they had to do was run. Just constantly keep us moving and they should have run all over us. Their midfield especially should be blasted for how they didnt take advantage

Zorko spoke very well at the presser.

Some numbskull from another club came on here a couple of weeks ago and said Zorko wouldn't get a coaching job when he retired because he wasn't respected by any other club.

Yeah right . Overlooked in 6 drafts or something. Gets a chance at 23 , picks up 4 B/F's , Captains the club out of an extended era at the bottom of the ladder and 40 posessions at 35 when we had our backs to the wall. And sucked up a massive media beat up and SM pile on with dignity and never had a whinge about it or barely spoke about it again.

I hope we keep him on when he retires. And there'll be plenty of other takers if we don't.

This is very much where I am. So very proud at how well we did to run out the game and especially tactically maintaining possession was exactly what we had to do to control the game and preserve energy. The kick mark holding controlling the ball was great execution of a game plan. I also think this is one game where there were times when players were allowed to "give up" and not chase as they all had to really be smart on how much effort they burnt.

But at the same time I would be so pissed as a GC coach or supporter. All they had to do was run. Just constantly keep us moving and they should have run all over us. Their midfield especially should be blasted for how they didnt take advantage
That was a surprising aspect to me and privately Dimma will be seething.

But I think they just expected us to stop and probably a bit overwhelmed by our resilience and effort. We put the foot down early and didn't really relent despite blowing a lot of chances.

Still concerning that Fages couldn’t inspire them to do anything in the third quarter - again - granted last nights game there really were extenuating circumstances.

Is this sarcasm? 9 points. Fagan can't put the boots on.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back