List Mgmt. DFA 2016: Period #3 opens 26/11 (Player List & Signings in OP)

Which DFA would you like most?

• Barlow (FRE)

Votes: 40 21.3%
  • Grigg (ADE)

Votes: 33 17.6%
  • Henderson (ADE)

Votes: 3 1.6%
  • Dempsey (ESS)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dea (ESS)

• Russell (GCS)

Votes: 2 1.1%
  • Grimes (MEL)

• Dawes (MEL)

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • McKenzie (NM)

Votes: 5 2.7%
  • Templeton (STK)

• Richards (SYD)

Votes: 27 14.4%
  • McInnes (WCE)

• Brown (WCE)

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • Litherland (HAW)

Votes: 28 14.9%
  • O'Shea (PA)

• Not Listed

Votes: 5 2.7%
  • Barrett (GWS)

Votes: 37 19.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm for Barlow, but would he come to us.... he'd surely pick a team that is in some form of contention.... wouldn't surprise me if the Hawks pick him up on the cheap as assistance to JOM and Mitchell (especially if JOM still struggles to get on the park), or Kane Cornes gets his wish and he gets to Adelaide.

What are the rules around players on Rookie List at other clubs.. A player like Nick OKearney from Stkilda i really rated as junior and after being injured early this year and missed the first 10 games came back and was very good for Sandringham in the 2nd half of the season.. If the saints dont upgrade him, is there an option for us to put him of our list.

What are the rules around players on Rookie List at other clubs.. A player like Nick OKearney from Stkilda i really rated as junior and after being injured early this year and missed the first 10 games came back and was very good for Sandringham in the 2nd half of the season.. If the saints dont upgrade him, is there an option for us to put him of our list.
All rookies other than first year rookies can opt to enter DFA any time they like, regardless of whether there is a contract on the table or not.

That said, there are usually deals involving multiple years on the rookie list, and I've never heard of a player reneging on such an arrangement, though I'm unsure whether they are binding.

Not after we grabbed Pickett and Smedts. More value in us hanging onto Gallucci.
Or rookie list Kerbatieh, but I prefer your options to Green.

Still need a mature body inside mid. I would like Barlow (as we have outside runners like Cuningham, Army, BB, etc. to add speed) and really need more grunt asap. Barlow may offer more to best 22 than Graham and Whiley combined for the next 2 years?

Also need a ready to go KPF. Dre cannot do this role so delist him if we can get X.Richards. Would be an upgrade on Cas and Jones until McKay develops.

Lose: Walker, Wood, Dick, Tutt, Smith, Jamo, Foster, Whiley, Tuohy, Graham, Gallucci, DVR, Dre,
In: Marchbank, Rookie Ruck, Smedts, Palmer, Pickett, #5, #25, #48, #63, #66, #70, Barlow, X.Richards
Plus: Sheehan to Int. Rookie, get Kerbatieh as a rookie, Gowers?
Redraft our old players if no better options in the draft.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Or rookie list Kerbatieh, but I prefer your options to Green.

Still need a mature body inside mid. I would like Barlow (as we have outside runners like Cuningham, Army, BB, etc. to add speed) and really need more grunt asap. Barlow may offer more to best 22 than Graham and Whiley combined for the next 2 years?

Also need a ready to go KPF. Dre cannot do this role so delist him if we can get X.Richards. Would be an upgrade on Cas and Jones until McKay develops.

Lose: Walker, Wood, Dick, Tutt, Smith, Jamo, Foster, Whiley, Tuohy, Graham, Gallucci, DVR, Dre,
In: Marchbank, Rookie Ruck, Smedts, Palmer, Pickett, #5, #25, #48, #63, #66, #70, Barlow, X.Richards
Plus: Sheehan to Int. Rookie, get Kerbatieh as a rookie, Gowers?
Redraft our old players if no better options in the draft.
I doubt Richards will be an improvement on Casboult's role. He's a stick and a one-trick player, or that he's worth the list spot (ala Jones).

Would be easier on our list to re-sign Everitt, but we've got Gorringe. Then there's Curnow, McKay and Silvagni, and Weitering, and Rowe, and White.

If there's a KPF in the draft of talent, go for them, but otherwise why bother?

I doubt Richards will be an improvement on Casboult's role. He's a stick and a one-trick player, or that he's worth the list spot (ala Jones).

Would be easier on our list to re-sign Everitt, but we've got Gorringe. Then there's Curnow, McKay and Silvagni, and Weitering, and Rowe, and White.

If there's a KPF in the draft of talent, go for them, but otherwise why bother?
Pat kerr

Back