Women's Footy AFLW Fremantle - 2020 #1 Team - Season Cancelled

Remove this Banner Ad

V the WA talent academy . Certainly not youngsters. The TA team is the "best" players not selected subject to "political" interference.
Oh, you mean the ugly ones.

While not wishing to damage anyone i suggest that the WAWFL administrator is lucky to make the TA team.

I have sources than could be comprised if i reveal too much.

But playing for Coastals or Swans is a huge advantage.
They are the best teams. However, just based on the social media and website, the wawfl does seem amateur hour compared to the QAFL or VWFL, or even the SA comp.

Sent from my XT1068 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

They are the best teams. However, just based on the social media and website, the wawfl does seem amateur hour compared to the WAFL or VWFL, or even the SA comp.

How many from Coastals and Swans started at other clubs or are from other districts? Easy with no limits on transfers and state coaches suggesting the opportunity depends on where you play.

Amateur hour is so much more professional than the WAWFL.

How many from Coastals and Swans started at other clubs or are from other districts? Easy with no limits on transfers and state coaches suggesting the opportunity depends on where you play.

Sounds like they need to make zones like the men's comp and introduce a points system.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

The lack of growth compared to other states is also notable. Vic could add 70 - 80 teams this year. WA doesn't have 70 teams, it doesn't have 20 teams. The NSW blackdiamond league, in a non traditional football area, with a population of less than 700 000 is almost as big.

The lack of growth compared to other states is also notable. Vic could add 70 - 80 teams this year. WA doesn't have 70 teams, it doesn't have 20 teams. The NSW blackdiamond league, in a non traditional football area, with a population of less than 700 000 is almost as big.

That's pretty poor actually. Maybe, the league create another division and also, go to 16 a side comp.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

The WAWFL hasn't grown over the past 5 years. The inequity has a lot to do with that. Hard to convince girls to play if you lose by 10 goals plus every week. Of course if you join coastals or swans you don't even get a game.....

The best thing though is that the junior girl comps have been developing nicely. (Although now the WAWFL have been given control of that comp the future is not so rosy)

I heard thst the WAAFL wants to start a women's comp. Some of the Amateur clubs will have more resources to start teams than the WAWFL teams.

The WAWFL hasn't grown over the past 5 years. The inequity has a lot to do with that. Hard to convince girls to play if you lose by 10 goals plus every week. Of course if you join coastals or swans you don't even get a game.....

The best thing though is that the junior girl comps have been developing nicely. (Although now the WAWFL have been given control of that comp the future is not so rosy)

I heard thst the WAAFL wants to start a women's comp. Some of the Amateur clubs will have more resources to start teams than the WAWFL teams.
I think women's footy could take of in the WAAFL.

I think we need one or more of our female posters to comment about the additional rule.
It's a bit like men describing the experience of childbirth, when we don't have the particular body parts for it.

Also, are any more practice matches scheduled, prior to the women's inaugural premiership season?

I think we need one or more of our female posters to comment about the additional rule.
It's a bit like men describing the experience of childbirth, when we don't have the particular body parts for it.

Also, are any more practice matches scheduled, prior to the women's inaugural premiership season?

The Freo AFL Women will play their second scratch Match today at home against the WA Talent Academy. Bounce Down at 4pm.

This academy is made up of players from within the WAWFL striving to make it to the next level. A squad of 25 players have been selected which will be cut to 22 before the game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-01-21/dockers-cant-wait-to-drop-anchor-at-new-headquarters

It's going to be epic when the new facility is ready. Also loved this bit of the article:

Spilcker said Fremantle fans had embraced the women's side.

Being the only AFLW team in Western Australia, the Dockers may have even picked up a few supporters from other clubs along the way.

"It's been fantastic – every single training session we've had some fans down," he said.

Does man flu count?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Personally speaking it's irrelevant if it hurts or not. AFL is a contact sport. If they take the contact out of it I will no longer have any interest.

This sort of thing is exactly why the majority of the public are very skeptical about the women's league. If this rule stays they may as well not bother.

Personally speaking it's irrelevant if it hurts or not. AFL is a contact sport. If they take the contact out of it I will no longer have any interest.

This sort of thing is exactly why the majority of the public are very skeptical about the women's league. If this rule stays they may as well not bother.
Its a rule about striking not contact. If it bothers you so much, don't watch.

This is a stupid statement. Substitute testicles for breasts and you will see why they are making the rules. It doesn't stop it from being a contact sport, but if there is intentional striking of that area, the laws of the game now cover the difference.
Of course, I am assuming the AFL.com's version is correct and not the version that you found on some obscure site (zerohanger)

And are the public very skeptical about the women's league? You speak for the public, do you?

Its a rule about striking not contact. If it bothers you so much, don't watch.

I won't, and nor will anyone else.

I'm excited at the prospect of watching women's AFL. Not at all excited about watching women's touch footy.

I won't, and nor will anyone else.

I'm excited at the prospect of watching women's AFL. Not at all excited about watching women's touch footy.
Because an extra body part that attracts an extra penalty loading if you punch it makes it touch, right.

This is a stupid statement. Substitute testicles for breasts and you will see why they are making the rules. It doesn't stop it from being a contact sport, but if there is intentional striking of that area, the laws of the game now cover the difference.
Of course, I am assuming the AFL.com's version is correct and not the version that you found on some obscure site (zerohanger)

And are the public very skeptical about the women's league? You speak for the public, do you?
To be fair I can swear the first time I read the news about this it specifically mentioned tackling. Might have been changed when people expressed confusion.

To be fair I can swear the first time I read the news about this it specifically mentioned tackling. Might have been changed when people expressed confusion.
I think it confused a lot of people, especially the bit saying the chest was sacrosanct like the head, as even incidental contact to the head can be penalised.

However, a bit of thinking through their poor wording shows they mean, if you find yourself at the tribunal, a blow to the chest gets viewed like a blow to the head or groin.

I don't understand why the AFLW's team news still filters through to the Dockers news feed on the Dockers website. If I wanted to read about the AFLW ticketing information or who the inaugural captain is for the women's team I can click the AFLW section of the website.

I may be the only one who has zero interest in the new league and I know the AFL are invested in promoting it so I really shouldn't be surprised at the saturation coverage on the website, but is it that hard to keep the news separate?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back