Official Match Thread Season 24: Round 4 - Coney Island Warriors vs Dragons FFC at Van Cortlandt Park (MOTR)

Remove this Banner Ad

Coney Island Warriors (WWW) vs Dragons FFC (LWW) at Van Cortlandt Park (MOTR)

BDrb8zU.png

There is one thing you can say about Frankston Rover and that is he never gives up, after losing their 2 best posters Wooshette and DapperJong at the end of season 23 and only bringing in the one rookie db swannie to partner a washed up Itsmyshow along with known zero vote getter and twitter troll Le Grille as new faces at the club. Yet despite all this somehow the warriors sit atop the Sweet F.A ladder with 3 wins on the trot and soon to subject the league to a plethora of streak hashtags unless someone puts a stop to this madness.

At least the Warriors have a personality though, their opponents for round 4 the Dragons make flour look spicy and sitting 6th on the Sweet F.A. ladder the Dragons somehow manage to be there abouts every season we see no real reason why this will change in season 24, they travel to VCP on a 2 match win streak and look to put an end to the Warriors before anyone gets too carried away

Players to Watch

craffles – Finished season 23 in red hot form at FF and it could be argued that only a poorly timed run in with the bay mods stopped him from winning the inaugural Fred medal. However craffles has picked up in Season 24 where he left off averaging 5 goals per game and sitting 1 goal clear atop the Fred table. The Warriors will want more of the same from craffles and if he keeps up this pace he is on track to have the highest goal kicking tally since season 16

Blaze Storm – How will BS fare under the new regime without his ability to post BS gifs, promoted to Rover for season 24 and sitting a disappointing 37th for total disposals, but 9th for tackles and 4th for frees for. Needs to get the ball more and add to his total of 4 goals if the dragons are any chance to dethrone the Warriors.

How they lined up in Round 3

Official Team Sheet
Round 3 Vs West Coast Wonders
B: Ilksy - Frankston Rover - Reginald Perrin
HB: BoshtrichBurger - candiehappy - Kabanna
C: Itsmyshow - RedVest4 - Freofalcon
HF: Dips - comewhatmay - db swannie
F: Raveneyes - craffles - I Dont Care
R: Packedlunch - zackah - Le Grille
INT: Lord_Flashheart - Morganashlee

Dragons FFC Official Team Sheet:

B:
AmericanCrow - Spanna_ - vanders
HB: A Swallow - chefmeister - Jatz
C: Knifey Spoony - VSTone - WFL
HF: Scorpus - Determinant - Pie 4 Life
F: Ljp86 - Hatchy1992 - iBeng
R: Hate - cammo6556 - Blaze Storm

Int: Mooresome - The Half Back

Prediction

This one could go either way and we predict a seesawing battle that comes down to a coin toss at the end

Captains please have your team sheets in by 11:59pm AEST Thursday 24/08/2017 including the words 'Official Team Sheet'​

Think it should be another great game for us. We're clearly the superior team

Drunk this early in the day? You sure you're not a Warrior?

Who knows, maybe you're the missing link, perhaps the Warriors won't be 0-3-1 against us in finals after this season.

You forgot the massive asterisk.

Odd, the * works on my keyboard if I type it* anywhere* else in a* post, but not next to the words grand final or season 19.

I never mentioned that particular game and yet you knew what I was talking about...

Funny that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I never mentioned that particular game and yet you knew what I was talking about...

Funny that.
It was a 50/50 shot in the dark at the two things you typically moan about... Glad I was able to hit the nail on the head.

Wonder if I can kick goals while blindfolded on Sunday too?

It was a 50/50 shot in the dark at the two things you typically moan about... Glad I was able to hit the nail on the head.

Wonder if I can kick goals while blindfolded on Sunday too?

You'll be unconscious. Good luck kicking goals. :thumbsu:

Hello warriors. With the decline of #rednesday, I trust you're all looking forward to a week of pent up frustrations

Always a fun week coming up against the Dragons. Particularly because I single handedly destroyed them in last years finals.
I destroyed our old side last game. Get on the wing fella, I need an opponent.

Who knows, maybe you're the missing link, perhaps the Warriors won't be 0-3-1 against us in finals after this season.

Maybe. There is also an active "maybe" against whether your rabble is able to contain the greatest.

Highly unlikely, almost impossible, but maybe.

I destroyed our old side last game. Get on the wing fella, I need an opponent.

This might just be your lucky week. Well, by lucky, I mean, you'll get an opponent. Your luck will run out come game day though, that's when it'll get horribly ugly for you.

This might just be your lucky week. Well, by lucky, I mean, you'll get an opponent. Your luck will run out come game day though, that's when it'll get horribly ugly for you.
I just look in the mirror for that.

like the dragons in game of thrones, the warriors will slay the dragons this week, and jon snow will become the undisputed king of all the lands

Maybe. There is also an active "maybe" against whether your rabble is able to contain the greatest.

Highly unlikely, almost impossible, but maybe.
You're surely not referring to yourself as the greatest. Have to go back almost 6 seasons to find yourself in good form.

You're surely not referring to yourself as the greatest. Have to go back almost 6 seasons to find yourself in good form.

Or back to last years finals.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back