Movie What's the last movie you saw? (5)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wreck It Ralph isn't pixar and how can Wall-E not be in your top 5?
LOL Ralph is a 2012 Disney film: i thought it was Pixar!

I thought Wall-E lost it once humans became involved. The first 45 minutes of it (with no dialogue et.) is superb film making though.

I preferred Cars, the last Toy Story and Finding Dory.

LOL Ralph is a 2012 Disney film: i thought it was Pixar!

I thought Wall-E lost it once humans became involved. The first 45 minutes of it (with no dialogue et.) is superb film making though.

I preferred Cars, the last Toy Story and Finding Dory.
fair enough, the quailty of Disney animation did go up after Pixar came on board, unfortunately Pixar now had the Disney must churn out sequels drive going back the other way

WALL-E underwhelmed me. The reviews were all "nobody talks!" and other interesting stuff. Then I eventually watched it months later and it... wasn't that different really. Plenty of people talking in it after a while.

Frozen another disappointment. "Disney rewriting their own rulebook regarding female characters!". Then I watched it and couldn't see why anyone other than kids would love it.

fair enough, the quailty of Disney animation did go up after Pixar came on board, unfortunately Pixar now had the Disney must churn out sequels drive going back the other way

CGI movies in general lost their appeal in the early 2000s when they were all "Let's make X like people!". That trend went on way too long.

Frozen another disappointment. "Disney rewriting their own rulebook regarding female characters!". Then I watched it and couldn't see why anyone other than kids would love it.
I took my old man to watch that one, had no idea what it was or what it was about then got five minutes into it and was like: "Holy s**t it's a ******* musical".

Was a horrible afternoon for everyone.

Thought Billboards was fantastic. Really loved the ending too. Rockwell, Harrelson and McDormand were insanely good here.
Best movie I have seen in quite a while. Quirky, funny, some great characters and good plot. Enjoyed it much more than I thought I might....went into it thinking it would be really good, or really bad. It was the former. Loved Rockwell and Peter Dinklage in it!

How is it possible that you've only just watched con air for the first time?

Next you'll be telling me you haven't seen face off.
Nah I love Face/Off.

Dunno, just one of those that slipped through the cracks.

Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri

Very solid film, deserves much of the praise it is receiving. An incredible cast who do a fantastic job, particularly impressive were McDormand and Rockwell. My only criticism was the frequent tone shifts in the early half of the movie I found a bit jarring, the second half however settled into more of a groove as the story line unfolded, very enjoyable. A worthy addition to the repertoire of the director / screenwriter who brought us In Bruges and Seven Psychopaths 7.5/10

Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri - Everyone knows this one, its fantastic. Rockwell, McDormand and Harrelson especially. Also loved the very brief work of Samara Weaving. Only complaint was Abbie Cornish and her weird breaking accent. 8.5/10

Logan Lucky - Channing Tatum and Adam Driver play a couple of unlucky brothers who plan to rob a NASCAR race with the help of Daniel Craig. Soderbergh helmed heist movie plays out like a white trash Oceans 11. Craig, Riley Keough and Katie Holmes shine. Driver and Tatum are charismatic but somewhere this just falls a touch flat. 7/10

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Watched "Less Than Zero" last night,decent flick about the seedy side of LA cool kids.
R Downey Jr as a drug addled party boy who ends up selling his hole to pay off drug debts was very convincing.
Probably did something similar in real life too, perfect for that role because he actually lived it for years.

Three Billboards in Ebbing Missouri 8/10

Finally a good movie! Some very impressive acting in this one. Great to see Frances McDormand given a proper vehicle for her talents.

Sam Rockwell is a revelation.

Mayhem (2017)

Set in an evil corporate law office, a virus breaks out that makes people uninhibited and the place gets locked down for 8 hours by the police to quarantine the place. Meanwhile, one mid-level attorney played by Steven Yeun (Glen in The Walking Dead) gets fired just before the lock down and decides to use this moment to get revenge on his bosses. The movie, an uneasy mix of corporate satire and video game style set ups, for me failed because I felt no connection or empathy for the characters. 4/10

Shot Caller (2017)

This movie caught us by surprise as it chronicles the story of a white supremacist prisoner just released from jail on parole with instructions to oversee a major arms deal to a Mexican drug cartel from the boss of the gang known only as "The Beast". Then, through a series of flashbacks, we see how this man became what he is, forced to side with these men after getting sentenced for DUI manslaughter to survive prison life. The film nicely shows how he transforms in prison from an everyday guy with a family and a good job, to a hardened criminal/murderer. The story takes a few twists, but keeps you solely engaged in this mans story of survival, and how prison changes a person. The violence is bloody and confronting, and though one may argue it covers little new ground, what it portrays is done skillfully. 7/10

Last edited:
SPLIT ( 2016 )

The performance of James McEvoys career ( to this date )
The only award i can see he was nominated for ( and still didn't win ) was a *en MTV award :huh::huh::huh::huh::huh:

I was already giving it a 9 but THE ENDING !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! omfg lu2idipdnwonoevn !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

9.5/10

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back