Movie What's the last movie you saw? (5)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
commandowrong.gif

I assume you haven't seen it. Paul Kersey makes Matrix look like a boy scout.

Sent from mTalk

Wind River (2017)

A young Native American woman is discovered murdered by the local wildlife officer and it turns out she was raped and died while escaping. A FBI agent is sent but she's clearly out of her depth so the local Reservation native sheriff (Graham Greene) and the wildlife officer/tracker (Jeremy Renner) help her. On the surface it's a tense investigative piece with Renner as a regular Sherlock of the snow, it also slips in cogent and damning points about the limitations and dead ends virtually forced on many residents of Native American reservations. Wind River didn't blow me away, but this bitter, visceral, and almost paradoxically intense thriller keeps you glued to the screen to the very end. 7/10

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Saw the The Darkest Hour yesterday- very good I thought. Last hour or so it really picked up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Speaking of 90s, had a hungover impulse to chuck on I Know What You Did Last Summer on Stan.

It's no Scream, that's for sure. Bad bad bad bad bad 2/10

Had to clean myself with San Junipero (Black Mirror S3E4) - just an incredible, beautiful episode 10/10

Jumanji Today - the new one with Dwayne Johnson, Jack Black - damn good filum

Yep, agreed.

I went in expecting to hate it for ruining my childhood memories.

Loved it, very funny and very well done.

The Post

Tight, taut, cinematic, moving and prescient. Is to Spotlight what Game of Thrones is to Xena (and I like Spotlight). Sits firmly alongside Lincoln and Munich at the top of Spielberg's political oeuvre. Meryl Streep is :kissingheart::handok:

Bright

I quite enjoyed it. Definitely felt like Training Day mixed with Lord of the Rings.
It is pretty obvious that the reviewers that called this possibly the worst movie ever made have some sort of vendetta against Netflix.
This is a solid 7/10 and while it had it's flaws was a really entertaining movie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back