No Oppo Supporters OPPOSITION OBSERVATION IX

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

#LOLNORF

That's Good for Footy
33 mins ·
Somebody who doesn't even barrack for North Melbourne asked me tonight how come you don't do a North Melbourne show?

The answer is simple the shows cost a packet to put on and the last 2 North Melbourne shows I did had a combined total of 16 attend both shows.

I have had Jack Ziebel, Ben Brown, Todd Goldstein, Andrew Swallow & Scott Thompson on the show.

But the support has just not been there from the fans.

I am prepared to entertain the idea of having or doing a North Melbourne show if you tell me you want to attend, and I mean attend !!

I will also give you the chance to tell me who you want to see on the panel.

It's all up to you.
1f914.png
or
1f634.png
Comments were gold.

"More campaigners would turn up to listen to Bernard Tomic."

I love how Dylan Grimes is rated as "average". Pick any forward who's unlucky enough to have played on him, and ask them if they think he's "average".

Champion data’s best use is for super coach. Beyond that it’s meaningless

Champion data’s best use is for super coach. Beyond that it’s meaningless
It's only use, as far as I can tell. I do like the Prospectus book to use as a reference when I'm watching a game (I do like relevant stats), but I don't think they can be taken all that seriously when they come up with crap like this.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

See you are having fun, but let's be honest. the concept is pretty flawed.
The final 8 has only been around since 2000, so the concept of a ninth ... that team that just misses the finals .... only goes back so far.
Before that there was a final five and a final four, so in reality the sixth best team and fifth best teams were in fact the 'unlucky' team to just miss finals.
Being ninth in 1938 meant SFA other than the fact you were fourth worst team in the league.

Ninth best list, haha, wait for the mainboard trolling

I love how Dylan Grimes is rated as "average". Pick any forward who's unlucky enough to have played on him, and ask them if they think he's "average".

Dimma said on the post GF edition of On The Couch he felt bad that he had to leave Grimes out of his nominations for AA as he had a sensational year

Look what he did to Danger in the QG and Betts in the GF

Last edited:
I'd love to see champion data criteria, Shed rated elite above Cotch and Jack, Butlers rated above Prestia, Grimes and Astbury.

Port rated 2nd best list :rolleyes:
Collingwood rated 6th best strongest list hahahahahaha

Go home champion data your drunk :drunk::drunk::drunk:
Questionable for a first season player, but Butler doesn't get the recognition he deserves, he's a dead set gun in the making and I wouldn't be surprised at career end he has a far superior one to Prestia. He's the one I'm really looking forward to watching this year

Ninth best list, haha, wait for the mainboard trolling

Dimma said on the post GF edition of On The Couch he felt bad that he had to leave Grimes out of his nominations for AA as he had a sensational year

He was even better against Toby Greene in the prelim

How good must it be for Dimma to know that he can just send Grimes to whichever opposition forward he chooses, and not have to worry about him. He has less off days than Rance has, and Rance has only one a year.
And not forgetting...
That's the one.

I thought he was better on Danger when he went forward, he has the ability to rip games open when he does, but Grimes just shut him down. Toby Green as good as he is has always been inconsistent against us, still a brilliant job by Grimes though.

Interesting looking at CH Data for Gimes and the finals.

25 SC points for destroying Betts in the GF (Inside Footy gave him 8/10)
54 SC points fpor destroying Green (Inside Footy 6/10)
49 SC for the QF where he completely shut down Danger when he went forward (Inside Footy 5/10)

CH Data rate Grigg as average but Inside Footy rank him 17th in the entire league

CH Data is like BMI or total cholesterol, individually it rarely tells the real story but more of a general tracking guide.

CH Data is like BMI or total cholesterol, individually it rarely tells the real story but more of a general tracking guide.
Exactly. It basically just gives you the raw data. Unfortunately, it also gives it's own conclusions based on that data. Conclusions which, in many cases, couldn't be further from the truth.

Where are the Champion Data stats for footy smarts? Inspiration? Selflessness? Gut running to support for no stat?
The leaving your man to support your fellow defenders?
All the intangibles that made Richmond by far the best TEAM when it counted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back