Can Richmond go back to back? # Did overconfidence cost them against Collingwood #

Did overconfidence cost Richmond the win against Collingwood?

• yes

Votes: 75 61.5%
  • no

Votes: 47 38.5%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just saw this on AFL.com. Pretty scathing from the AFL players.

CAN RICHMOND win back-to-back premierships?

Absolutely not, according to a survey as part of the AFL Players' top 50 poll.

In fact, 34 per cent of AFL players have tipped the Tigers to plummet down the ladder in 2018 following their breakthrough flag win last year.
29214101_874731302701500_1428915025011015680_n.jpg

That's nice dear, but you need to learn what context is.

GREATER Western Sydney is the team to beat this season and Patrick Dangerfield is poised to win a second Brownlow medal, the AFL's captains say.
The League has polled 18 club leaders as the 2018 season is launched, and the results put the Giants firmly at the top of the pile, with seven skippers voting for them to make the Grand Final.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-03-15/captains-call-giants-danger-tipped-for-glory

I still think Sydney played the best football last year, they just took too long to kick into gear and eventually ran out of steam. I'd be surprised if they didn't win it this year, especially if they can get some luck with injuries. Have GWS, Geelong and Richmond after them no order.

I still think Sydney played the best football last year, they just took too long to kick into gear and eventually ran out of steam. I'd be surprised if they didn't win it this year, especially if they can get some luck with injuries. Have GWS, Geelong and Richmond after them no order.
the operative word is think

I don't think Richmond find the high pressure game tiring.

All year they wondered if the needed to rotate or rest the butler, Castagna, Rioli types. They never rested them and they sped up as the year went on.

Richmond has drafted endurance players who are fast. Well done.

Additionally they have Drummond, Menadue, Markov, Short, Stengle, Higgins, Conca, Bolton and maybe Baker who can step into that role easily. Nine spare fast players.

Doesn't mean they will win the GF again, just unlikely the basic plan will fail due to tiring.

It waxes and wanes between us and the dockers

When the carr bros were playing the rivary was pretty sheepstationesque

When freo were coming up for parity in derby wins again

Freo seem to care a lot more than us - as they are the younger brother sorta thing - i ferl once they get a flag or two we will care a lot more
I would tend to agree with this. You guys seem much more focused on Richmond.

Just saw this on AFL.com. Pretty scathing from the AFL players.

CAN RICHMOND win back-to-back premierships?

Absolutely not, according to a survey as part of the AFL Players' top 50 poll.

In fact, 34 per cent of AFL players have tipped the Tigers to plummet down the ladder in 2018 following their breakthrough flag win last year.
Still so angry :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Still so angry :thumbsu:
I have literally zero to be angry about.

Tigers posters on the other hand have gone pretty over the top since I posted that little grab from the AFL article.

Vent less.

LMAO. With your logic, over half the captains don't think any particular side will make the grand final!

*Points out how the stats being used as evidence are trash with an obvious logical fallacy*
Tigers supporters: Dude your logic is faulty LMAO We so smart.
*facepalm*

Yes the 5th best team can theoretically win the grand final. It happened last year too.

But they would probably need to be allowed to play at their pwecious wittle home ground for every single game of the finals series (again) and get lots of free kicks (again).

It's possible.

Actually wait no David King said Essendon for the flag so no way anyone else can win.
So Port Adelaide won the flag, must've missed that.

I have literally zero to be angry about.

Tigers posters on the other hand have gone pretty over the top since I posted that little grab from the AFL article.

Vent less.

Then what’s the point in trolling if you don’t get a response. Gee whiz, put your shoulder into it.

Then what’s the point in trolling if you don’t get a response. Gee whiz, put your shoulder into it.
You guys have really got to put away your glass jaws away.

Not everything that is not Pro-Richmond is a troll.

You guys have really got to put away your glass jaws away.

Not everything that is not Pro-Richmond is a troll.

No, just you. I don’t mind it though. You just don’t like being called on it.

Of course Richmond can go b2b. I wouldn’t say they are raging favourites to win but I would bracket them with 4 or 5 other sides with a good chance of winning.
Very even competition this year, should be great for us fans.

Gws, richmond, geelong and sydney are the front runners

Gws vs richmond for my money with the mcg being a bridge too far for gws.

The year after will be their year.
Wait, so you have finally jumped on the tiger train kranky? Took you a while however knew you’d eventually see the light.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back