List Mgmt. AFLW list changes for 2019 - announcements, discussion, rumours...

Remove this Banner Ad

I assumed that if we were going to make a coaching change, Harford would be the one most likely to take over. So chances are we'll be sticking with Siekman now, it seems.

Looking that way

Can't Carlton find anyone that isn't from Collingwood?

From the snippets in various articles Harford seemed pretty honest even if his comments weren't always aligned with others at the club (for example that Hope needs to adjust her game). I don't think that's a bad thing.

Hopefully nobody jumps ship with him.

From the snippets in various articles Harford seemed pretty honest even if his comments weren't always aligned with others at the club (for example that Hope needs to adjust her game). I don't think that's a bad thing.

Sigh.

Our infiltration and destruction of Carlton from within continues ...

... Malthouse, Butterfant, Fraser and now Hartford.

It’s like shooting fish in a barrel <shakes head>

I’m reminded of this piece of theatre ...

Sigh.

Our infiltration and destruction of Carlton from within continues ...

... Malthouse, Butterfant, Fraser and now Hartford.

It’s like shooting fish in a barrel <shakes head>

I’m reminded of this piece of theatre ...

Carlton keep falling for it, 76.:p

But in all seriousness, we might have lost a good one here. Hopefully a better replacement is heading our way.

Tesoriero to Richmond?

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/2018-04-19/vflw-two-new-tough-tigers
Tesoriero has played 11 matches for the Pies, before she came out of contract at the end of the 2018 season.

Richmond's AFLW Football Operations Manager Kate Sheahan said the Club had struck gold in listing the former AFLW player.

"We want to do everything in our power to develop Lauren and make her an even better footballer, but more importantly get her back into the AFLW system” Sheahan said.

Um, wouldn’t Richmond be more concerned about getting themselves into the AFLW system before they start worrying about getting players into the AFLW system? :confused:

Anyway, shame Lauren isn’t with Collingwood anymore. I enjoyed her battering ram style game - very tough inside player who could get the footy. One of those players that helps her team mates walk taller.

It’s not altogether surprising - seemed like she wasn’t able to mark the footy, and her kicking wasn’t great.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Duffin and Garner all but gone to North according to Fox Footy.
North also has a big interest in Emma King

Garner and Duffin is a HUGE loss

That tells me we Almost Certain to get Davey from Carlton.

Shows the Problem Again with the AFLW now as you can't get Attached to any player as they could leave at Seasons End

Duffin and Garner all but gone to North according to Fox Footy.
North also has a big interest in Emma King
Would be a massive loss and shows that the incoming clubs have too much sway to recruit players given the inability of existing clubs to sign players on any deal longer than one season.

This poorly written article is what I can find on it - in short NM are targeting Duffin, Garner, King and Vescio on top of the already signed Kearney. Geelong targeting demons Mithen and Hickey. Hope's position is unknown.
http://urdumasala.com/aflws-two-new...anagement-approach-described-as-dictatorship/
North Melbourne and Geelong are each attributable to enter the competitors in 2019 and have been just lately requested to submit a want list of gamers they want to goal from the present eight clubs.

The Cats and Roos adopted directions and did so late final week.

Foxfooty.com.au understands the league has since begun reviewing these commerce targets and will both approve or deny requests to approach wanted gamers.

This “dictatorship” approach, as described by a excessive up supply in club-land, has incensed the Cats and Kangaroos, who see it as their proper to handle their enjoying lists nonetheless they see match underneath the wage cap, which is but to be set.

The clubs consider the AFL is overreaching in an try to stability the expertise throughout all 10 AFLW clubs and due to this fact diminishing the position of list managers and recruiters in constructing a profitable group.

For instance, North Melbourne has all however poached Jess Duffin and key place participant Jasmine Garner from Collingwood — a lot to the Magpies’ frustration.

The identical applies to Geelong and its sturdy need to lure Melbourne pair Mel Hickey and Lily Mithen to Kardinia Park.

Regardless of whether or not the duo agree to go away the Demons to change into marquee gamers on the Cats, the league has the ability to veto not simply trades, but in addition approaches to gamers if it feels as if it could give the AFLW competitors an imbalance.

Mithen particularly is caught in a rock and a onerous place. It’s understood the Cats have informed her she will play VFLW for Geelong this season provided that she agrees to affix the AFLW group for the 2019 season.

The 20-year-old is very wanted, a required participant on the Demons, and will reportedly be part of Darebin within the interim.

In different commerce information, Magpies ruck Emma King is known to even be excessive on North Melbourne’s wishlist, ahead Moana Hope’s future is unsure, and Darcy Vescio has agreed to remain at Carlton regardless of a juicy provide from the Kangaroos.

EDIT:
Putting more thought into the value of Duffin, King and Garner undoubtably all would make us a better side in 2019 and a few years beyond however:
  • Duffin will be 30 next year, so isn't a longterm issue
  • King only turns 25 next year, but even this year players caught up to her and she wasn't as dominant as 2017. While the last touch rule and trialling different structures was a factor King isn't the most athletic player either. When the AFL trend flows into women's footy the rucks who offer more around the ground will become more valuable. For mine it's just a matter of when this happens and how many years King can hold onto her dominance.
  • Garner though is the biggest loss, like King she turns 25 next season, but I think she has a lot more scope for further development. She's a good mark and offers something at either end.

Last edited:

Seems our development coach has, which means 2 of the 3 new coaching appointments for the 2018 AFLW season have departed.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-05-03/aflw-womens-state-leagues-take-shape
Carlton announced its VFLW coach, with Collingwood AFLW development coach Shannon McFerran taking the reins.
http://www.carltonfc.com.au/news/2018-05-02/blues-name-vflw-coach
At the conclusion of the VFLW competition, McFerran will transition into the Club’s AFLW program, taking the role of senior assistant under the leadership of Daniel Harford.

Also from the AFL.com.au article
Clubs can still make changes to their lists, with allowances made for players who are delisted by AFLW clubs to change to another VFLW side if they no longer want to be at the club.

The VFLW Cats have four AFLW players (Richelle Cranston, Anna Teague, Erin Hoare and Maddie Boyd), while Melbourne Uni [NM] as three (Kearney, Alex Saundry and Jess Anderson).

Parker reported to be staying for 2019 despite playing state league footy elsewhere

http://www.subiacofc.com.au/news/14...ker-join-subiaco-football-club-women-for-2018
She attributes this as being one of her greatest sporting achievements and will continue playing after being retained by Collingwood for the 2019 season.

“I’m heading back to Perth after the completion of the AFLW season to play football and to be with my husband Jacob who is a medical student,” Parker said.

Garner would be a big time loss. She's the one we need to put effort into keeping out of all of those players. I hate this open door meat market of womans footy. There doesn't seem to be any loyalty. It makes it difficult to like the players when they're just as likely to walk out the door as stay. This isn't meant as a personal criticism of the girls either - but its hard not to feel disappointed.

Mo Hope seems to have left as well.

The merry-go-round of players at the end of the last two seasons --and the promise that it will only continue in the next few seasons-- seems like a good way to lessen people's attachment to the game. It really feels like a mess.

Just to confirm, have we lost our two original marquee players - Hope and King - to North?

Bloody hell, it’s volatile, and hard to sustain an attachment.

Just have to get over it I guess.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back