Mega Thread Port Forum 'General AFL Talk' Thread Part 7

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Incompetents in highly paid/powerful positions will fight tooth and nail to stay in said positions, regardless of the number of stuff-ups. They just don't care. Fages, Roo, Nige etc are on a very long list.

And life is made much easier when you can avoid accountability. One reason why the AFC is obsessed with controlling the media.

Crows chairman Rob Chapman has conceded a controversial pre-season camp’s treatment of Adelaide’s indigenous players – including star forward Eddie Betts – “could have been done better”, as the issue continues to dog the struggling club.
“What happened on that camp… it’s unthinkable that they would do that to anyone,” McClure said this week.
“Eddie is not the only one that had some really unfair, emotional pressure, that has nothing to do with football, put on him. It affected him for weeks… that football club should be ashamed with what they put him through.”
https://indaily.com.au/sport/football/2018/06/14/crows-collective-mind-experiment-done-better/

Will today tonight be hunting down the guilty parties ?

Incompetents in highly paid/powerful positions will fight tooth and nail to stay in said positions, regardless of the number of stuff-ups. They just don't care. Fages, Roo, Nige etc are on a very long list.

And life is made much easier when you can avoid accountability. One reason why the AFC is obsessed with controlling the media.

What on earth else would Nigel Smart go and do if he didn’t roll out of bed one day into his current job? Honestly, what could he possibly offer anyone?

What on earth else would Nigel Smart go and do if he didn’t roll out of bed one day into his current job? Honestly, what could he possibly offer anyone?
He should wake up every morning and thank his lucky stars. He's in a highly paid job that's beyond him. A classic example of jobs for the boys.

Nige also has a high opinion of himself, and it's completely unjustified.

You just know if this was us, ol' mates at 7 would be camped outside Power HQ DEMANDING answers. Smithsons head would be spinning and Elspeth would have a team of tweeters working for her.

Is that there new shed?

See members. We are always thinking of you. We have a new space for your to all meet at the convenient Adelaide Airport location.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
This is a given, considering the AFC’s recent phobia for copying Essendon at every turn:
1. India
2. eSports
3. “Whatever it takes.”
4. The Hangar

(Log in to remove this ad.)

OK, who's ready for an unpopular opinion? Here's mine, although I don't think it's very logical.
Footy every night of the week.
Why are Friday Night games so valuable? Because they're the only match on that day and are on Free to Air. So if 7 (maybe 5 or 6) games a week are on 7 it would mean more clubs get to be on Free to Air more. Ideally, you'd want teams having no less than a 6-day break between games.
A typical round would have 1 Monday Night, 1 Tuesday Night, 1 Wednesday Night, 1 Thursday Night, 1 Friday Night, 2-3 Saturday, 1-2 Sunday.

That only took 6 months...

Such a s**t organisation. You would have thought after Tippett they might have realised that they aren't as good at cover ups as they thought they were.

But still we have things like this, the saga when Lever left, the saga when Gunston left, the lies about not going for Gibbs etc. etc. They treat their members like such muppets.

Then again most of their members lap it up so I guess that's why they keep doing it.
ec4ed9b3ed5b75a1571e38f96b0bd27f.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

giphy.gif

He’d make an ideal personal assistant for that other perennial dropkick loser, Rob Lucas.

Guy with no hair, guy with hair that looks like a 1980s Stackhat.

Wow. An article is out saying the Crows are persisting with the Collective Minds program after some "tweaks".

Insane.
Is anyone really surprised? It's not in Adelaide's nature to admit mistakes were made. They'd rather cough up more money, do something minimal with CM and point to that as 'See, CM were great!'.

OK, who's ready for an unpopular opinion? Here's mine, although I don't think it's very logical.
Footy every night of the week.
Why are Friday Night games so valuable? Because they're the only match on that day and are on Free to Air. So if 7 (maybe 5 or 6) games a week are on 7 it would mean more clubs get to be on Free to Air more. Ideally, you'd want teams having no less than a 6-day break between games.
A typical round would have 1 Monday Night, 1 Tuesday Night, 1 Wednesday Night, 1 Thursday Night, 1 Friday Night, 2-3 Saturday, 1-2 Sunday.

I'd get rid of Tuesday and Wednesday and keep it 5 nights starting Thursday night and ending Monday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back