Rumour McGovern wants out, hates us now and wants us to BURN IN HELL!!!1!!!11!

Does Shooter want to leave?

• Yes, he hates us and wants to go

Votes: 111 50.9%
  • No, he loves us and wants to stay

Votes: 76 34.9%
  • He also listens to The Clash

Votes: 31 14.2%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

No way should any club get a PP.

I agree, I think PP’s are one of the main issues we have clubs like Melbourne and Carlton become such basketcases. They reward incompetence. Clubs don’t worry about investing in development or putting genuine effort into properly assessing potential draftees, it’s pretty easy to pick a few decent players when you’ve got multiple 1st rounders. You don’t worry about developing a decent game plan because that talent you drafted will carry you through.

In the grand scheme of things, high draft picks are over rated, there’s so much else that you need to get right. Unfortunately clubs have become complacent and relied on these picks instead of actually working on everything else that makes a team great.

Draft picks are only a small part of the story. You look at GC and GWS and all the picks they received. GC yet to make finals and essentially back to square 1, GWS have had some reasonable seasons, but a long way off the unbeatable powerhouse that was predicted.

The AFL is better off telling these clubs to sort their own s**t out, they got themselves in this predicament, they need to work their way out of it. Priority picks give false hope.

I agree, I think PP’s are one of the main issues we have clubs like Melbourne and Carlton become such basketcases. They reward incompetence. Clubs don’t worry about investing in development or putting genuine effort into properly assessing potential draftees, it’s pretty easy to pick a few decent players when you’ve got multiple 1st rounders. You don’t worry about developing a decent game plan because that talent you drafted will carry you through.

In the grand scheme of things, high draft picks are over rated, there’s so much else that you need to get right. Unfortunately clubs have become complacent and relied on these picks instead of actually working on everything else that makes a team great.

Draft picks are only a small part of the story. You look at GC and GWS and all the picks they received. GC yet to make finals and essentially back to square 1, GWS have had some reasonable seasons, but a long way off the unbeatable powerhouse that was predicted.

The AFL is better off telling these clubs to sort their own s**t out, they got themselves in this predicament, they need to work their way out of it. Priority picks give false hope.

Agree. They should officially inform that no more PPs will be given so Carlton will get off the floor with their hands out. Established clubs have no reason not to be able to sort themselves out. It makes no sense to give them assistance.

I think the AFL needs to do something about GC, but giving them more draftees isnt the answer, and giving them draft picks to trade would be too disruptive. I think they had the right idea of what they were going to do with Lynch. They could create some AFL ambassador roles and allow payments outside of the TPP for certain FAs. The AFL itself should manage this because the GC may just * it up. You could have potentially have taken JGov, Gaff and Sloane to the Gold Coast with $2m a year over 4 year deals each. The existing clubs still get their FA compensation, so you dont need to create new rules. Offer May the same to extend for another 3 years. Possibly do the same with next years FAs. All of a sudden within a few years you would have a highly competitive team. Once they are finals competitive, but before they are an unstoppable behemoth, you withdraw the additional benefits. The aim for GWS and GCS should be that they are top 8 sides, not that they are gifted premierships.

Getting sick of this s**t. He is staying. They want him, they can pay their next two first rounders and Lachie Neale. Otherwise, they can * off. WCE dont even have their own first. We just re-signed Sloane and Lynch. We are going all out to win a flag in 2019 and Mitch is vital to that.

Edit: MRB37 you troll :) thought this was a recent tweet

Last edited:
Getting sick of this s**t. He is staying. They want him, they can pay their next two first rounders and Lachie Neale. Otherwise, they can **** off. WCE dont even have their own first. We just re-signed Sloane and Lynch. We are going all out to win a flag in 2019 and Mitch is vital to that.
He's contracted just like Gibbs was, you have to pay overs.

He's contracted just like Gibbs was, you have to pay overs.

* that. He is not leaving full stop. We have a flag to win. Overs wont cut it. They will have to bankrupt themselves to pry him from our cold, dead hands.

look at the dates people..

Tony Sheehan is the most useless "media" personality out there. I'm pretty sure he got fired from SEN last year

The thing is.. if you don't actually have sources but have to pretend you do for the sake of your job... pick safer lies.

Here's one:

"Tom Lynch will head back to a Victorian club for 2019 with every single Victorian club vying for his signature, deals offered reported to be in excess of a million dollars a year"

See how easy that was? yet I have NO inside knowledge.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

**** that. He is not leaving full stop. We have a flag to win. Overs wont cut it. They will have to bankrupt themselves to pry him from our cold, dead hands.

No I agree, just like Sydney did to ROK. You make him play out his contract.
I'm saying the price has to be overs so make it a ridiculous ask. If they agreed to it then make sure it's a reaming.

Out of interest. Is there any actual evidence that McGovern wants out?

I mean we are 134 pages in.
Sam Manure made up BS is responsible for much of this.

You know the guy who said Sloane was leaving & Gibbs won't be traded last year. ;)

Sam Manure made up BS is responsible for match of this.

You know the guy who said Sloane was leaving & Gibbs won't be traded last year. ;)
Losing Gibbs really hurt him. Proceeding to get worse this year and outside Cripps + Curnow it’s tough to be a Blues fan right now.
Rumours of Cripps wanting to go home persist.

McLure will have a full blown WA meltdown if it happens. Drug culture at WC, lack of success for Freo, questions on salary cap the works.

Losing Gibbs really hurt him. Proceeding to get worse this year and outside Cripps + Curnow it’s tough to be a Blues fan right now.

McLure will have a full blown WA meltdown if it happens. Drug culture at WC, lack of success for Freo, questions on salary cap the works.
Bring it on :)

Cripes, if I was Cripps I would want out. That Saints game, he was so far ahead of the next best Carlton player it was absurd.

People mistake idle talk for genuine gossip

How many times during after work drinks on Friday would people shitcan their job, boss, fellow employees, I'm out of here by the end of the year - can't take it anymore, the whole damn system man...?

Blowing off steam. But we all front up Monday.

Some noob overhearing things could take it literally.

What's said during after work drinks is inadmissible for a reason.

Difference is that we're inherently lazy, changing jobs takes effort. But if it's simply a matter of telling your agent that you're after a 25% pay rise and there were half a dozen competitors willing to pay it, you'd be gone as soon as your notice period is up.

Difference is that we're inherently lazy, changing jobs takes effort. But if it's simply a matter of telling your agent that you're after a 25% pay rise and there were half a dozen competitors willing to pay it, you'd be gone as soon as your notice period is up.
I bet most one club players would have talked disparagingly about their club at various stages

Except Mackay.

Last edited:
Where have I indicated any such thing??

It was a clear implication from your comparison of the contract that was expiring this year against the deal on offer by BNE. Why waffle on about that if you reckon we'd have tabled a new and improved offer. Why did you ignore that and oniy refer to his existing deal? Seems odd.

Back