Rumour McGovern wants out, hates us now and wants us to BURN IN HELL!!!1!!!11!

Does Shooter want to leave?

• Yes, he hates us and wants to go

Votes: 111 50.9%
  • No, he loves us and wants to stay

Votes: 76 34.9%
  • He also listens to The Clash

Votes: 31 14.2%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I’m starting to think JGov to the Crows.
Forget Lukosius and add Rankine to the side.

JGov, Smith, B.Crouch, MGov, Tex, Sloane and a smattering of other players like Lynch, Betts and Knight into the side that has been smashed this year would dominate next year.
Have we got the cash?.. if the rumour that we didn’t give our players the 20% increase is true we’d actually have heaps of cap space... but 1.1m of cap space for Jeremy?.. don’t know... I suppose with DMac and Hampton gone there’s potentially 700-800k. But we need to blow WC out of the water so they can’t match and take any of our picks.

J gov would be the biggest snag for the club tho!..

Have we got the cash?.. if the rumour that we didn’t give our players the 20% increase is true we’d actually have heaps of cap space... but 1.1m of cap space for Jeremy?.. don’t know... I suppose with DMac and Hampton gone there’s potentially 700-800k. But we need to blow WC out of the water so they can’t match and take any of our picks.

Well wouldn't that be the icing on the cake if we did secure J Gov with a big offer and were able to trade up to the top 5 with melbourne's 1st and Carltons 2nd (someone mentioned the saints and dogs have their 1st rounder but after that it is almost pick 50 before they get another pick and might be prepared to trade down for more picks especially with father son & academy players?). Imagine we end up with J Gov, Rankine and Hately or Rozee and maybe a Lewis or Berry with pick 37...highway bloody robbery

Well wouldn't that be the icing on the cake if we did secure J Gov with a big offer and were able to trade up to the top 5 with melbourne's 1st and Carltons 2nd (someone mentioned the saints and dogs have their 1st rounder but after that it is almost pick 50 before they get another pick and might be prepared to trade down for more picks especially with father son & academy players?). Imagine we end up with J Gov, Rankine and Hately or Rozee and maybe a Lewis or Berry with pick 37...highway bloody robbery
As long as we somehow get Francis in too!... trade Kelly, Atkins, CEY, Hartigan to get it done as we won’t need these guys next year with all the new inclusions!..

As long as we somehow get Francis in too!... trade Kelly, Atkins, CEY, Hartigan to get it done as we won’t need these guys next year with all the new inclusions!..
If somehow we did snare J Gov, it might make the club think about trading out Hartigan..we would still have Cheney and Keath to play as key backs and Hartigan might have some decent currency in the second round. In fact, thinking about it, if free agency trading is done first and on the very off chance we do snare J Gov, then one of the Queensland clubs might be keen to look at Hartigan to shore up a key defensive post..maybe an opportunity to trade up high into the draft could present if a pick was also involved

If somehow we did snare J Gov, it might make the club think about trading out Hartigan..we would still have Cheney and Keath to play as key backs and Hartigan might have some decent currency in the second round. In fact, thinking about it, if free agency trading is done first and on the very off chance we do snare J Gov, then one of the Queensland clubs might be keen to look at Hartigan to shore up a key defensive post..maybe an opportunity to trade up high into the draft could present if a pick was also involved
Yep Hartigan becomes excess baggage if j gov comes in.

Imagine if Cripps said he wanted to go home... then only gets halfway there and asks to be traded to adelaide!..

Manure and SOS would both need locking up in the nearest asylum.

Make it happen JR.

Yep Hartigan becomes excess baggage if j gov comes in.
Could be used in a trade back to West Coast!! That would rub salt in the wound. I like WC too much though to say that seriously.
Saints (upgrade on Nathan Brown), Cats (lacking since Lonergan left and Taylor retiring soon), Freo (lack a big key defender IMO), Sydney (Grundy to retire soon), Pies (look like crap with Dunn out and he's pretty old) could all do with him.

First off I don’t believe you live in QLD, I don’t believe you have kids and I don’t believe you don’t get all the afl jazz.

Remember when you told us you were in the trotting industry here and that’s how you had connections?
The horses bolted.

What if we backloaded Sloaney's contract? That way in 2-3 years' time we should have some retirements/delistings that free up TPP cash to cover Sloane while we can gather together a good chunk now to offer JGov.

Would need to shed some mid-pay players like...

Hampton (delist)
Mackay (delist)
Hartigan (trade out)
Atkins (trade out)
Kelly (trade out)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No big loss then.
But plenty of cap space...

Just means we would probably need to use quite a few draft picks (including from our trades) to bring in cheaper draftees to balance the cap, but a good year to draft...

Back