AFL Player # 9: Dylan Shiel

Remove this Banner Ad

Bombfire's post about Shiel is right on the mark - Watching him at training he is blending into the background and doing enough to prepare himself for round 1 - Nothing more or nothing less.

Afterburners... zoooooooooom

Smith ain’t slow and he had no hesitation taking him on.

Wait... Was that Myers kicking a goal on his right at 0:16?? Wow

Also like the little exchange between Smith and Jok. Shows the competitiveness of Dev, the man does not like losing and full credit to Jok as Dev isn't an easy man to wrap up!

Wait... Was that Myers kicking a goal on his right at 0:16?? Wow

Also like the little exchange between Smith and Jok. Shows the competitiveness of Dev, the man does not like losing and full credit to Jok as Dev isn't an easy man to wrap up!

Off his right boot :sick::sick::sick::sick:

I hadn't seen the bit at 1 minute in. The footage looks sped up.

god almighty whoever does these needs to ******* cool it on the slo-mo effects. It's just so ******* over-used. Every single piece of play without fail the editor thinks "hey, I might slo-mo that for a change, who needs to see anything ever in real time?". I just shake my head, it's soooo ******* lame

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It’s setting in, ****
View attachment 621993

200.gif

So he's the GP ambassador announced shortly after our partnership with F1, which I don't understand. Must've been part of the negotiations to get him into the club to say we'll sort him out with sponsorships.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app
Or he just went with the no brainer option and picked us ahead of Saints/Blues/Hawks anyway

So he's the GP ambassador announced shortly after our partnership with F1, which I don't understand. Must've been part of the negotiations to get him into the club to say we'll sort him out with sponsorships.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app
Don’t think so. Partnership was announced with Fantasia and Frosty on the front page. Shiel would’ve done that media work if he was intended to from the beginning.

Cannot wait to see this bloke don the sash in 2019. Is literally everything we need in an inside midfielder.

Size, explosiveness, distribution, goal kicking. People can point to the misconceived stats o '18 all they want but due to the soldiers available Dylan wasn't able to play his natural game.

With a team crying out for his natural game, 2019 could see him blow the competition apart if everything comes together.

Cannot wait to see this bloke don the sash in 2019. Is literally everything we need in an inside midfielder.

Size, explosiveness, distribution, goal kicking. People can point to the misconceived stats o '18 all they want but due to the soldiers available Dylan wasn't able to play his natural game.

With a team crying out for his natural game, 2019 could see him blow the competition apart if everything comes together.

Hoping he plays both JLT games don't think i can hold much longer till rd 1.

I didn't know much about him as a person but I've been impressed by the maturity of his interviews. Would not be at all surprised if he ends up in the leadership group at some point (maybe less likely now that we are running with a much smaller group).

Honestly he seems like a very low risk pick-up. If you compare him to Saad, Stringer and Smith well I'd say only Saad was reasonably low risk (in terms of being able to fulfil the role we recruited him for). Stringer had all his off-field and fitness issues. Smith had been plagued with knee problems and was unproven in the midfield.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back