Preview Round 5, 2019: Hawthorn v Geelong, 22 April 2019, 3.20pm @ MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Against Geelong the biggest issue is the midfield. We will back Worpell first against Selwood because unlike Howe, Worpell can be attacking. But we leave Danger free. We can’t be too defensive we need to try win a clearance because with every stoppage created just leans further in their odds to get control of the footy.

I hope to be wrong but I think Monday will be a blood bath and it won’t be in our favour. We’re a 7-12th quality team before the season started but the injuries have exploited our holes. Clarkson is a wizard in keeping us competitive as we get smashed in the clearances and stoppages week in and out

I do hope you are wrong being a blood bath..and no way would I leave Danger to run riot as he has in the past as then it will be a blood bath...wherever he plays..

We lost to the Saints by a few points last week and perhaps a few contentious decisions in the final quarter even with a few significant injuries, I thought that's it losing to them.

But then I watched them yesterday when they destroyed Melbourne and thought gee they aren't a bad side but you could also say Melbourne have gone backwards but not that bad a side.

Just so hard to read anyone at this stage; cause Gold Coast are fit, fast and skilled and I admit I would not have said that at the start of the year.

Well done Dewy which is also quite incredible that Clarkson has not been once won coach of the year but winning four flags when he has mentored and guided Dew, Fagan, Simpson, Hardwick, Bolton, Lyon, Cameron, Beveridge to senior coaching positions in the AFL is just mind f...... boggling.

I do hope you are wrong being a blood bath..and no way would I leave Danger to run riot as he has in the past as then it will be a blood bath...wherever he plays..

We lost to the Saints by a few points last week and perhaps a few contentious decisions in the final quarter even with a few significant injuries, I thought that's it losing to them.

But then I watched them yesterday when they destroyed Melbourne and thought gee they aren't a bad side but you could also say Melbourne have gone backwards but not that bad a side.

Just so hard to read anyone at this stage; cause Gold Coast are fit, fast and skilled and I admit I would not have said that at the start of the year.

Well done Dewy which is also quite incredible that Clarkson has not been once won coach of the year but winning four flags when he has mentored and guided Dew, Fagan, Simpson, Hardwick, Bolton, Lyon, Cameron, Beveridge to senior coaching positions in the AFL is just mind f...... boggling.

Clarko not winning coach of the year has basically showed how little that award should matter haha. But I agree it’s such an even season. I hope we’re competitive

It'd be different if someone mentioned them and you replied, but someone would post "What time does the game start?"

and we'd get "3:20, roughly the same time Shoenmakers starts stuffing things up." or something similar. We get it you hate some players and love others. You don't have to tell us in every single post.

You're the BF poster equivalent of a vegan.

I like Schoey and I enjoy meat, although there’s some brilliant plant based cafes around that are delicious.

Anyway, perhaps you may find it more beneficial here if you engaged on matters around the game rather than follow me? We may actually get along Grumble my son 🤗

No.. never
Contrary to the brave ones view about you and your posts, I don't care one way or the other. As I have said once before, I like your passion for our great club. I definitely don't agree with everything you post about the Mighty Hawks but I don't take it to heart or let it trigger me into wanting shout you down and making you feel like you can't contribute to a free forum full of anonymity but filled with brave, brave warriors that do.
I'm glad you're not stooping down to their level but I'm sure they want you to.

It looks like since Nash has been in the team that Gunston has struggled. I don’t know what Nash is doing to keep getting games but he doesn’t do enough as a forward and simply has no presence in that forward-line. I would like to see him become a regular goal kicking forward and not someone who averages 10 disposals and 1 tackle per game.

It looks like since Nash has been in the team that Gunston has struggled. I don’t know what Nash is doing to keep getting games but he doesn’t do enough as a forward and simply has no presence in that forward-line. I would like to see him become a regular goal kicking forward and not someone who averages 10 disposals and 1 tackle per game.

Like I said, I think the team would benefit if he was developing at Box Hill... for to long during game Nash goes missing, it’s not to say he won’t be a player but at this minute he gives very little in the grand scheme of things.

Contrary to the brave ones view about you and your posts, I don't care one way or the other. As I have said once before, I like your passion for our great club. I definitely don't agree with everything you post about the Mighty Hawks but I don't take it to heart or let it trigger me into wanting shout you down and making you feel like you can't contribute to a free forum full of anonymity but filled with brave, brave warriors that do.
I'm glad you're not stooping down to their level but I'm sure they want you to.

I respect everyone’s opinion mate, if some feel the need to point me out so be it.. we’re all Hawk lovers.

Answer: Play him the rest of the season then.

We are not winning the flag this year. Many are expecting a 20 year old Irishman to come in and contribute consistently in his 9th game of AFL football.

We are in a state of transition. I think some people need to change their perspective and view this as a development season. A key measurable to a successful season being the development of young players, of which Nash is clearly one the club has earmarked with a lot of potential.

Ride the bumps with a grin, it might be worth it in the long run.

That's what I'm most concerned about.
Agree. Can’t recall a player playing having a good game straight after concussion. I know it’s the docs call but not sure if right decision. I once heard Lewis talk about that time he was knocked out against the Bulldogs. Despite given the all clear he said in hindsight he should never have played.

L
The cegs dropped I can live with was quite scathing in my ruck review last week.

Mirra was unlucky Stratton has been worse than him this year and doesn't even try to be an option on the spread so mirra does it and stuffs up... captain takes the soft route... that is not captaincy 2 me.

Didnt get around 2 the forward or back lines last week. So our two biggest issues with them right now are an unfit gunston being unable 2 compete or kick straight and a runner up in our best and fairest having very little impact at all. In fact I'm soon gonna call him and our captain Samson and Samson jnr at least with the mullets they had a crack.

If those 3 players lift we're a slight chance if they don't it could get ugly.
Lets face it .......it’s gonna get ugly. And it’s going to start from the midfield.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hopefully Stratton is fully recovered because Cats small/medium forwards will be more problematic for us rather than Hawkins... That's probably been their biggest improvement in 2019, the ground ball in their forward 50. If I recall correctly, the last time Brand was tasked with playing on Hawkins, he kept him to 1 or 2 goals.. May have even been goaless??

Their midfield is the same midfield we beat twice last year.

Agree. Although having Frawley for Hawkins would have been nice. But I think Brand will do fine.

Love the changes, need to expose the possible Rough/Chip future replacements to as much footy as we can.

As long as KB plays the ball on its merits like he does at BH he’ll be ok.

If he wrestles and holds it could get messy.

Good luck KB

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Like the team selected - good to see brand and Lewis get a shot and mirra our - but we are big underdogs here, it’s not really a strong team.

Hopefully the cats have underestimated us - our structures are good and there’s enough talent up forward to kick a winning score. Midfield is the concern, cats are good front runners and if they keep blasting ball out of centre we will be in trouble. I wouldn’t be surprised if we won but also if we lost by 10 goals.

I like Schoey and I enjoy meat, although there’s some brilliant plant based cafes around that are delicious.

Anyway, perhaps you may find it more beneficial here if you engaged on matters around the game rather than follow me? We may actually get along Grumble my son 🤗
Shoey was used by way of demonstration.

I didn't say we don't get along, nor do I follow you, I just notice that every single time you post, except the one I am replying to, you bag some player or another. and if you don't, then that kind of suggests I don't follow you, and if you do, perhaps you should tone it down a tad.

Shoey was used by way of demonstration.

I didn't say we don't get along, nor do I follow you, I just notice that every single time you post, except the one I am replying to, you bag some player or another. and if you don't, then that kind of suggests I don't follow you, and if you do, perhaps you should tone it down a tad.

You’re lying to suit your narrative, I don’t put down a player every time I post.. like many, others you try and make your point seem more plausible by telling little furphies. As you were.

You’re lying to suit your narrative, I don’t put down a player every time I post.. like many, others you try and make your point seem more plausible by telling little furphies. As you were.
In that case your claim that I follow you is incorrect. Which was the point of my post. So not a lie.

So Nash is responsible for Gunners playing poorly?

I take it was Nash’s fault that JOM was a late out last week, and caused the injuries to Frawley and Stratts as well?

If Nash wasn’t doing his job, I reckon the coaches would have dropped him by now, so obviously he is meeting his KPI’s to still be selected.

So Nash is responsible for Gunners playing poorly?

I take it was Nash’s fault that JOM was a late out last week, and caused the injuries to Frawley and Stratts as well?

If Nash wasn’t doing his job, I reckon the coaches would have dropped him by now, so obviously he is meeting his KPI’s to still be selected.

If not kicking goals most weeks and not taking any marks inside 50 is ticking KPI then I’ll eat my hat!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back