List Mgmt. Trade & F/A - 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slamming shut our premiership window now, with your strategy of getting rid (or letting them leave as you suggest) of Grundy, Moore and JDG is absurd.
You do get that right?

I don’t think anybody is suggesting letting all 3 go (not even Shpeshal Ed )

GAJ left Geelong
Delidio left Richmond
Franklin left Hawthorn
Griffin left Bulldogs

None of those players leaving hurt their club’s Premiership chances.

Scharenberg for Pick 47 (Nth)

On Trade 47 and Aish for Pick 22 (Freo)

Go in with 22 and 35 with cap space

We lose two fringe players and their list spots get replaced with a speculative pick 22 and a Hail Mary pick 70ish

So wait, your solution to the salary cap conundrum is to pay a bloke to not play for us...

Are you sure you don’t work for the club?

It may be slow but posters sure are entertaining! I don’t think I’ve chuckled so much to myself for years.

This is a classic post....along with Crocker = red paper clip!

OK so what part of - he is continually gets blocked/arms chopped in full view of the umpire don't you get??

Look forget it mate, you obviously have a hate on for him so I'm moving on.
Are you sure it's hate or is it an agenda?

"Even when it wasn't agenda, I knew it was agenda."

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's very depressing that Appleby has become a whipping boy on here after the GWS game. Him underperforming on a tall forward is representative of a failure by the coaches in selecting him over Scharenberg based on the opposition - not representative of his lack of footy ability. He performed well in his 9 games in 2018 when he actually played on forwards more his size.
I didn’t rate him before that game either

I'd be expecting pick 27 for Shaz with a 3rd round pick going back to North. Maybe that's just me.
Oh I'm sure they'll be bending us over with all the cap crisis hype in the media, don't know why anyone would want the club to be more transparent, that's never in our best interest

This is your assumption, not mine.

My take is Collingwood have to eject players for cap purposes and it's predominately a "player welfare perception" thing for them.

I personally don't care one way or the other if North land him, but I would be gobsmacked if it was for a 2nd round pick or anything over a 1 year extension.

.......not since Scott Thompson retired.

I figured we had Vickers-Willis in mind for that role, but maybe they have other plans for him.

IMO, 3rd round at the very best.

Like I stated, it's a bigger issue for Collingwood if clubs don't take some of their players. They're in no position to play hard ball.

Mate I agree with you. A pick in the 50s would be a reasonable result. Pie fans would want more, Kanga fans would want to pay less. Like going into mediation.

Provided he can stay on the park, he will be a good player for the Roos. Can intercept and very tidy. Unfortunately his knees have robbed him of pace otherwise he would be going nowhere.
With Moore, Langdon and Howe, it’s difficult to find a spot for Shaz.

Actually, it is mate. I get that you have an emotional attachment to the bloke and all that, but if you can't eject blokes like Scharenberg now, then it's far more likely that it will cost the pies something more valuable later on.

Oh no....you can't mean Mayne?

You know that no contracts are signed off by the AFL unless they fall within a clubs TPP right? It’s likely that Collingwood are looking to clear some cap space, but it’s not a friggin fire sale.
In all honesty, I couldn’t see the club mismanaging our cap so badly as to have to jettison players as much as the media and bf commentators are implying. Even with a host of our players coming out of contract next year.

Would also Expect Eddie and co to be better operators than that.

Offers to Greenwood, Phillips, Elliott, Reid etc end of year wouldn’t come without foreseeing next year and beyond too.

It’s the Collingwood train once again. It sells sensationalism.

But the other side to this is that of the players are asking for more, then they are more mercenaries than they are keyed into the soul of the club.

Like the Clokes holding us to ransom vs the Cats/Hawthorn machine that took pay cuts to build dynasties and win flags.

Agree with a previous poster were not doing a fire sale, personally would not get rid off either shaz or aish. As harsh as it sounds we should trade Sidebottom who is on big bucks.
If we have too i would not get rid off shaz or aish for anything less then a 2nd rounder.

Agree with a previous poster were not doing a fire sale, personally would not get rid off either shaz or aish. As harsh as it sounds we should trade Sidebottom who is on big bucks.
If we have too i would not get rid off shaz or aish for anything less then a 2nd rounder.
Sidebottom is on less bucks than he could have got from others at his last contract negotiations.
Plus it’s reducing every year being front loaded.
The club is doing the right thing getting rid of the hacks like Aish.

Actually, it is mate. I get that you have an emotional attachment to the bloke and all that, but if you can't eject blokes like Scharenberg now, then it's far more likely that it will cost the pies something more valuable later on.
Pound for pound, do you really think that we can’t afford our current list yet Richmond and West Coast can afford to pay theirs with no salary cap stress.

I’m not getting the chicken little world is ending vibe. If that was the case we’d never have picked up Beams. We’re either getting our finances in order for the long term (ie Grundy/Stephenson/Moore/De Goey/Maynard/Crisp et al) and making diligent decisions accordingly and/or we’re looking at a big fish for next year.

Pound for pound, do you really think that we can’t afford our current list yet Richmond and West Coast can afford to pay theirs with no salary cap stress.

I’m not getting the chicken little world is ending vibe. If that was the case we’d never have picked up Beams. We’re either getting our finances in order for the long term (ie Grundy/Stephenson/Moore/De Goey/Maynard/Crisp et al) and making diligent decisions accordingly and/or we’re looking at a big fish for next year.

See....you get that inkling too eh?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back