Preview Pedigree Bulldogs v CGU Magpies

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay slightly less what the * with Lip injured but still? Love the Williams selection though, especially considering he doesn’t have to play tall for once. Expecting big things.

I'm surprised about that, I thought we'd see one of Roarke Smith or Hill Hayes for that role. I could see Bailey Williams rotating with him a bit and sharing that wing role. Goodluck to young Bailey Smith.

Hayes is out suspended, but I'd imagined Roarke Smith too. I think Baz will play it really well though, he has great endurance and leg speed.

Surely nobody is surprised by the absence of Schache.

Obviously it would've been nicer to see Beveridge's arch-nemesis, Jackson Trengove in the side, but let's see how Gardner goes. We need another tall in the backline to compensate for Cordy's inability to play on gorillas.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Surely nobody is surprised by the absence of Schache.

Obviously it would've been nicer to see Beveridge's arch-nemesis, Jackson Trengove in the side, but let's see how Gardner goes. We need another tall in the backline to compensate for Cordy's inability to play on gorillas.
And Young as well?

I didn't know how they'd do it but I knew they'd do it!!!

All preseason everyone's been talking about what a great list we have and what a great chance we have for 2020.
It is impossible to disagree. However, I couldn't help but point out that our list wasn't our problem in 2019, it was generally our team selection that was the problem, and it is clearly still our Achilles heel.

I'm at a complete loss to explain how and why Gardner has been selected.

I didn't know how they'd do it but I knew they'd do it!!!

All preseason everyone's been talking about what a great list we have and what a great chance we have for 2020.
It is impossible to disagree. However, I couldn't help but point out that our list wasn't our problem in 2019, it was generally our team selection that was the problem, and it is clearly still our Achilles heel.

I'm at a complete loss to explain how and why Gardner has been selected.

We are Definitely short a runner on the bench only need 1 of Gardiner or Young.
Pies may exposure us for pace. Daniel back in at half back slows our ball movement from defence. Guess we will find out soon enough

We are Definitely short a runner on the bench only need 1 of Gardiner or Young.
Pies may exposure us for pace. Daniel back in at half back slows our ball movement from defence. Guess we will find out soon enough
Pies' team isn't particularly quick either tbh. I expect JDG to play a decent amount in the midfield, but no Stephenson or Treloar makes them a bit more one-paced than usual imo.

Pies' team isn't particularly quick either tbh. I expect JDG to play a decent amount in the midfield, but no Stephenson or Treloar makes them a bit more one-paced than usual imo.
Noble and the brown boys have some pace

Noble and the brown boys have some pace
So does JJ and Baz for us. I don't think their pace will be any issue for us. Do agree we are probably one tall too many. So the lads are going to need to clunk it often, or the smalls will need to work hard across the ground to get to the fall of each contest.
Happy to trial it early in the season though, and if it doesn't work, maybe Bevo uses the inevitable mid-season hiatus to tweak the structures.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back