Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pugz89

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 29, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
After much uncertainty, we are getting started tomorrow night. Naughton confirmed and we have a debut with Cavarra also set to play his first game in the red, white and blue.

Now that it is official, cannot wait for the game.

One hell of a game for Cavarra to debut. At least there won't be the pressure of playing in front of 40,000+ in his first game. It'll be more like 40+.

(Side note: Don't mind the selection. We had too many 'vanilla' medium talls to go with our talls and needed someone a bit more dynamic in our oversized forward line)

Interesting pick with Cavarra considering he didn’t play either Marsh series. Hope he goes well, we desperately need a good small forward! Go Dogs

Interesting pick with Cavarra considering he didn’t play either Marsh series. Hope he goes well, we desperately need a good small forward! Go Dogs

Would have thought Weightman’s VFL game would have put him straight ahead of Cavarra. But again, we don’t see what happens in training etc so everyone will hopefully back him in & he can take his chances

Would have thought Weightman’s VFL game would have put him straight ahead of Cavarra. But again, we don’t see what happens in training etc so everyone will hopefully back him in & he can take his chances
Makes me think we’re going with the 3 talls forward and this best structural fit.

Naughts, Bruce, McLean, Lloyd, Cavarra, Dale, Wallis.

That’s my tip for fwd 6/7

Tipping Dickson not considered due to possible injury.

With shortened qtrs I wouldn’t be surprised if we see some mids rotate straight to and from the bench which means we could see a more settled and fuller fwd line.
Will be interesting to see how it plays out.

Edit: If we play the 3 talls then Schache in for McLean. Prefer we just play the 2 though.

Naughts, Bruce, McLean, Lloyd, Cavarra, Dale, Wallis.

That’s my tip for fwd 6/7

Tipping Dickson not considered due to possible injury.

With shortened qtrs I wouldn’t be surprised if we see some mids rotate straight to and from the bench which means we could see a more settled and fuller fwd line.
Will be interesting to see how it plays out.

Edit: If we play the 3 talls then Schache in for McLean. Prefer we just play the 2 though.

7 forwards is probably too many, my feeling is Bev will want to stick with 6 and fill gaps with mids (ie Smith, Lipi)

The locks right now are Naughton, Bruce and Cavarra

I reckon Lloyd and Dale will bth get a crack based on their formlines at the end of last year.

That gives us 2 talls (Naughty, Bruce) 2 Mediums (lloyd and Dale) and a small (Cav)

My guess is Schache, Wallis and McLeanare fighting it out for that last spot. McLean probably hasn't shown enough which means it's between Schache (if we want to go taller and stretch their defense) or Wallis (if we're looking for a bit more pressure and contested mongrel)

7 forwards is probably too many, my feeling is Bev will want to stick with 6 and fill gaps with mids (ie Smith, Lipi)

I reckon Lloyd and Dale will bth get a crack based on their formlines at the end of last year.

That gives us 2 talls (Naughty, Bruce) 2 Mediums (lloyd and Dale) and a small (Cav)

My guess is Schache, Wallis and McLeanare fighting it out for that last spot. McLean probably hasn't shown enough which means it's between Schache (if we want to go taller and stretch their defense) or Wallis (if we're looking for a bit more pressure and contested mongrel)
Based on preseason form Wallis would be very hard done by to get left out.

Yeah agree, 7 is too many. Most likely 6.

Going with the 2 talls gives us so much more flexibility if we were to run multiple mids through their too.
not a fan of the 3 talls.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Based on preseason form Wallis would be very hard done by to get left out.
Wallis would be my third selected forward, after Bruce and Naughton. He's shown a lot.

Lipinski is a big loss but Pies underdone through the middle so no excuses. I'd expect Wallis to help out Bont, Macrae, Dunks & Smith in the guts.

Can cross Lipinski off the list for tomorrow night which is a bummer. Also disappointing to see West out for a while..

Damn, Lippa is a good ball user. Might pave the way for Richards to play a mid/forward role.

The concussion thing is a massive concern for Lipi. I remember that huge one he had in our final game of the season against the Tigers in 2018. Hope he recovers well and it doesn't turn into a long term issue.

Could be a chance for McLean to play more midfield minutes?

Good luck to any players coming back from an extended injury layoff and trying to get back up to match fitness.

Its all just going to work out swimmingly.

Who cares? I doubt there will be a finals series this year. Let's just enjoy what might be the only game we get to watch our boys play for the year. I'm desperately craving a couple of hours of escapism to break up the anxiety over not knowing where my next loaf of bread or bag of potatoes is going to come from.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back