News Brad Crouch to Saints (STK make offer; Band 3, ADL to match?)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hes stated we wants to help the club out.
The trigger can be something as easy as 15-20 games over the 3 year period.

If he cant squeeze those out he doesnt deserve the extra years.
If he doesn’t have to risk $900k he’s well within his rights not to help out, that’s going way overboard.

Jon Ralph reporting in the herald sun that danihers offer is $2.5m over 3 years...

so a little over $830k a year...

Thats a long way off $700k a year as is being reported elsewhere...

And why the fu** would you pay a guy who has barely got on the ground the last three years that much coin.. its absolutely ludicrous.
Probably had to pay him more to get him to take a 3 year deal.

Not necessarily. Saints now know what they need to offer so that it doesn't go to a trade. Even if they have only offered 600k for 5 they can restructure it to 750k for 3 and then verbally agree to recontract him @400k for 2years. That's obviously what Brisbane are doing.

Spot on I reckon. But would like it done and in the bank

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Jon Ralph reporting in the herald sun that danihers offer is $2.5m over 3 years...

so a little over $830k a year...

Thats a long way off $700k a year as is being reported elsewhere...

And why the fu** would you pay a guy who has barely got on the ground the last three years that much coin.. its absolutely ludicrous.

After today’s events, there is no way the AFL can justify not giving us band 1 for Crouch. Absolutely no ******* way!

Unless Rowe is correct and contract is only $550. We just have to wait and see the one of the deal
What has happened though is the Crows have backed themselves and St Kilda into a corner - which is good and shows some balls. Adelaide know there will be outrage within the supporter base if pick 2 doesn’t come through. Will be a massively hard sell for anything else now

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Probably had to pay him more to get him to take a 3 year deal.
Does anybody honestly believe a club would pay Daniher 2.5million over 3? A player that has played 5 games a year on average over the last 3 years. That doesn't smell off to anyone else? Come on. I guarantee Daniher will spend a minimum of 5 years at the lions and his total pay isn't any higher than 3.3 million over the 5 years. Very strange how the Vic media are silent on this topic.

Last edited:
There would be a dangerous area where St Kilda would be ok to offer the contract to Crouch, the Crows wouldn’t be happy to match and the compo wouldn’t be band 1, I would imagine. I’m guessing that’s where it’s sitting at the moment.
the crows may prefer to match a 4-5 year deal instead of getting pick 19 which will really be pick 25 or worse.

May depend on Dunkley. The Dogs have interesting choices ahead if Dunkley goes for say pick 7-8. May put point accumulation out of the picture

They might try to trade up ahead of a JUH bid like GWS last year. Not sure they have enough to offer though. Even 7,12 and next year’s first probably doesn’t get them our (🤞 ) pick 2.

By seeing the deals today, both Adelaide and St Kilda now know the Band 1 trigger for a 4-5 year contract. They would've had a fair idea before today but now they can see the field.
Why were Bris/Ess happy to lodge the Daniher deal now without seeing the field but us/St K won't lodge the Crouch one?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back