News Brad Crouch to Saints (STK make offer; Band 3, ADL to match?)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
just like crows saints and brad manager working together for a common goal, they have too. If they can do it the president been set for us too. I expect we will then hear dick head Barrett say,
draft tampering, not in spirit of game, doesn’t smell right, poor north Melbourne bla bla bla bla.

basically front ended contract to trigger band 1.

wonder if joe compo be talked about as tampering, but sure vic media go all legal nothing to see here. The when it’s us, the sycotic rants from dammo will come out.
I heard Barrett on trade radio as well, funny how that dickhead forgets to mention GC getting extra picks last year that shafted is. This band 1 is all media driven as no one but Adelaide man Rendall has said we should get band 1

There is so much speculation about all of this so I am just going to come out and put my neck on the line and make a definitive statement and everyone can bookmark it. Brad Crouch will end up at the Saints or the Crows. Its that simply.
No I dont entirely agree as I am sure Brad has played his last game for Crows no matter what and that is why doing everything possible with St Kilda to make this happen to get pick 2 .
The alternative of a trade is not going to please a lot of us and members.
So make it happen Mr Kelly even if we pay for a St Kilda dud for couple of years.
Lets face it done that before.

You would seriously have to consider it.
Hard to say right now who is the better forward prospect out of the three.

you’d go with the runs on the board

no one wants the next Paddy McCartin or Josh Schache

SOS has been making a big deal that compo should also be based on All Australians, B&F’s, Brownlow, etc.

So ... how does Williams get band 1 then? He’s had less recognition than most players.

Daniher was at least AA and a B&F. Brad was a B&F.

Every argument that the Vic’s can come up with on why Brad shouldn’t be band 1 is now negated by what they’ve done for Williams and Daniher.

SOS has been making a big deal that compo should also be based on All Australians, B&F’s, Brownlow, etc.

So ... how does Williams get band 1 then? He’s had less recognition than most players.

Every argument that the Vic’s can come up with on why Brad shouldn’t be band 1 is now negated by what they’ve done for Williams and Daniher.
Which they are STILL conveniently ignoring. Bunch of flogs.

I think people underestimate how good a player Brad is, particularly in a better team than we’ve been in the past 3 years.

2017, Brad averaged 5.85 clearances and 2.45 centre clearances a game. Jack Steele in 2020 was your best and averaged 4.95 and 1.95 respectively. Even with the horror show that was us last season, Brad still had 5.00 clearances per game.

He will give a decent side 30+ disposals and 5+ tackles on a regular basis and whilst he does turn it over a bit, his sheer number of possessions will always benefit.

I just think he is a no-brainer for the Saints and a number of other better sides. Unfortunately for us, the timing is not right for him to play his best football in the next couple of years.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

Good point. He walks in as a better midfielder than anyone else in their team - with Steele on par this year to Brad’s normal output

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

What Thilthorpe is doing with a football in the SANFL in his draft year, Lukosius could do with an Orange.

This is some kind of hidden message, you have mail that it is Daniel Gorringe we are really after.

I'm not sure about that.

you’d go with the runs on the board

no one wants the next Paddy McCartin or Josh Schache
Agree but I don't think GC would even consider it..but it would be worth asking

https://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/a...y/news-story/828aa7daca80652f6fc1328d66fbe488

A massive opening day of AFL free agency has ended with a massive move as Joe Daniher became a Brisbane Lion.

The Bombers star has finally been able to make the move after the paperwork was lodged by the Lions just before close of business on Friday, with Essendon quickly choosing not to match the offer.

Daniher will now join the preliminary finalists in 2021, with the Bombers set to get a first-round pick in compensation – currently the No. 7 pick.

Bombers list boss Adrian Dodoro was pleased with the result.

“I would like to thank Brisbane for their dealings in recent weeks. We feel we have reached a fair deal,“ he said.

This, this is the only thing that gives me some hope we might get pick 2 now Essendon have blatantly admitted to dealing with another club to up the players compensation. If it was just us, then no chance.

So Purple, can you explain what Dodoro meant by dealings with Brisbane. Joe is a free agent, has wanted out of the club for years - surely Brisbane just put an offer forward and show accepted. What “dealings” would Essendon have had that would involve them in a free agency process?

Ah..... well he is a key forward and 200cm. And from a big club. Pick 7 is fair outcome for all sides

Knob

Assuming we get Band 1, would we entertain a trade of pick 2 for Lukosius?

Effectively then it becomes a question of Thilthorpe/McDonald/Lukosius?

I’m totally down for getting Luko!

heck, I’m persuadable to pick McDonald at no.1 and seriously upgrade our aerial game

If Luko wants to come home he will be far cheaper than pick 2 when out of contract. So you get both. No one bar a completely desperate Gold Coast is trading a pick 2

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm starting to think that the saints thought they were going to get a topline mid on the cheap for nothing. Maybe they thought we wanted him out regardless and were of the belief that we wouldn't match and would cop tier 2. If this is the case this whole thing has been poorly managed and is a shambles. If saints are serious they will offer Brad 800k for 3 over the weekend for tier 1 or he stays.
[/QUOTE
Good point. He walks in as a better midfielder than anyone else in their team - with Steele on par this year to Brad’s normal output

All good points & that's why it will happen, I think!! My son is a Saints supporter & he says they really need a highly talented inside mid & makes the point that there seemingly aren't any others(of Brad's class) available to trade this year.

If Luko wants to come home he will be far cheaper than pick 2 when out of contract. So you get both. No one bar a completely desperate Gold Coast is trading a pick 2

GC would know this, pick 2 is the best offer they will get for him. If we could secure him this year, it might just be worth it.

compo, which shouldn’t even exist, can never be based on past achievements

contracts are about future worth and so must compensation be

Unless GC get their s**t together, Luko dominates then all of a sudden he doesn’t want to leave, or GC demand 2 firsts.

GC would know this, pick 2 is the best offer they will get for him. If we could secure him this year, it might just be worth it.
GC want to keep him for the length of his career. The time to go after him will be in a couple of years when we are hopefully challenging for the 8 and he is out of contract. Players that want to leave know that being out of contract is the easiest way to get to their destination. If he signs another contract with gc it means he has no intention of leaving.

I dont know if this has been mentioned, but I don't think Brisbane has offered daniher anymore money, they have just structured the deal to appease the Afl for band 1 compo.

The original deal was reported at 650,000 x 5, which would equal 3.25 million.

The contract that has been reported is 2.5 million over 3 years, so just over 830,000 a year.

They probably just have a real basic trigger that pays him the final 750,000 over 2 more years.

Meaning its basically a front loaded contract that equals out at 650,000 a year, structured at 3yrs with an easy to reach 2 more year trigger.

The AFL only looks at guaranteed money and years, so for them, its a 2.5 million dollar contract paid over 3yrs.

Making daniher a top 5 percent paid player in the league for 3 years, which equals band 1 compo.

On SM-G977B using BigFooty.com mobile app
If this is close to the mark, which I suspect that it is, compo is a complete farce and should be scrapped.

it would also explain why we would take a player like dunstan. It would allow the saints to front end the contract in the first 3 years and guarantee band 1.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back