Autopsy AFL 2021 AAMI Community Series - Carlton v Saints Thurs March 4th (STK 125 d CAR 99) Highlights in OP

More goals make for more entertaining footy?

• Hocking is a genius of course it does

Votes: 10 35.7%
  • No finals footy is lower scoring and more entertaining

Votes: 18 64.3%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Happy with the hit out considering we were down to tall forwards 6+7 (who aren’t even on our list) at quarter time.

Fisher and JSOS quite exciting. The rest were okay. Saints will be a good side this season.

I think you are looking at if only from your own angle (as a fan of one club, I can understand).

If Carlton are trying out new structures, set plays etc, expect St Kilda to be doing the same.

St Kilda is a team that Carlton will be competing with for finals, and St Kilda look far superior.
The only angle that matters is that it's a pre-season match. It means nothing in the long run. I can understand this bravado in the season proper, but now? No. It's premature and it's silly.

Can’t believe how excited Carlton supporters got at the ground tonight. It was actually a bit embarrassing considering it was a preseason game!
There were plenty behind the goals near us who legit gave SOSOS a standing ovation after he kicked that goal in the last quarter!

We play them pretty regularly in these preseason games and they're like that every time.

Remember being at Princes Park about 3-4 years ago for one of these and they were carrying on like it was a proper season game for points.

There were plenty behind the goals near us who legit gave SOSOS a standing ovation after he kicked that goal in the last quarter!

We play them pretty regularly in these preseason games and they're like that every time.

Remember being at Princes Park about 3-4 years ago for one of these and they were carrying on like it was a proper season game for points.
Yeah I was up that end too. They were going nuts when they had that comeback and I was just sitting there looking at them thinking really, this is just sad!

How good was it to have crowds back in Melbourne!? Couldn't help but laugh at how passionate the fans were at the ground booing umpires in a preseason match.

Entertaining game, St Kilda are a big chance for top 4 this year. Cartlon impressed in patches too.

Can’t believe how excited Carlton supporters got at the ground tonight. It was actually a bit embarrassing considering it was a preseason game!

People haven't seen live footy in 12 months. Give 'em a break!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah I was up that end too. They were going nuts when they had that comeback and I was just sitting there looking at them thinking really, this is just sad!
Yeah fans who haven't been to live footy in 12+ months enjoying watching their club play is sad.

Not what you're doing here.

Last edited:
Must admit I got a bit excited..but beating the paper baggers will always do that :)

Preseason game or not. The ones who lose will always down play it especially those who believe it means nothing at all :)

It can mean a lot for membership and allows coaches to tinker without fear of losing 4 points to set themselves up nicely for the season proper.Allows new players to gel and adjust game plans for disasters like The Saints bleeding goals at stoppages inside 50. Ratten will take away plenty from this....means nothing at all ? pfft

Last edited:

I don't think there is any need for us to be like this.

If they want to celebrate they can, who cares? They probably have not been to a footy match in over a year.

I don't like rubbing it in when we win because we've been on the losing side enough to know what it feel like.

Plenty of campaigners from both sides last night. And the same tonight at Pies v Tigers.

Hasn't been a game in Melb with crowds for 16 months. Long time between drinks

Entertaining enough, I think once the real stuff kicks off it will be a lot more contested. Players aren't going 100% in a Pre-Season game unless there spot is on the line so that explains the very open game we saw. Both teams looked good though. St Kilda starting to build an impressive list, top 6 for them I would have thought. Carlton will be in that 7-12 group of teams fighting for those final 2 spots.

It was an entertaining high scoring game, happy with our attack which looks lethal with King, Membrey, Battle and our mosquito fleet of small forwards.

Our defence conceded a few more goals than I would've liked but both teams seemed more focused on playing an open attacking style rather than a lockdown defensive style which probably won't be the case during the regular season where goal scoring will be more difficult.

Back