Preview 2021 AFL National Draft | NM - #1, #20, #42, #47,#72, #77, #95

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Archer's footskills... oof
Agree . From what I’ve seen of him 2 games now ,
He’s a Hard at it defender but needs to def work on his foot skills .
Just seen him miss a target with no pressure 2-3 times just in the last quarter & turn it over . Luckily didn’t cost his team a goal on any of the occasions...
He’s Already pretty much a Shaun Atley type . Should fit right in & play easily 200 plus games for us 👌👍😁😂
If “deer in the headlights “ Atley has been doing & getting away with it for so long ... why can’t Jackson Archer as well hey ?

Well d'huh. Congratulations Captain Obvious.

We're on a discussion board and all we have access to is a few video clips and the opinion of people involved with them as juniors. If you'd prefer people just shut up cos you don't agree with them just come out with it.

What the hell are you on about?

I never once suggested people shouldn’t put forward their opinions, even if it is with a small sample size. Is stating a few things to consider before claiming Campbell is a “good chance” of being better than Phillips not contributing to the discussion?

If you don’t want people to critique you on premature predictions, maybe you should come out with it. Also maybe stay a little bit more calm and measured rather than opting for the hissy fit path and our “discussion” might have had a better outcome.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

What the hell are you on about?

I never once suggested people shouldn’t put forward their opinions, even if it is with a small sample size. Is stating a few things to consider before claiming Campbell is a “good chance” of being better than Phillips not contributing to the discussion?

If you don’t want people to critique you on premature predictions, maybe you should come out with it. Also maybe stay a little bit more calm and measured rather than opting for the hissy fit path and our “discussion” might have had a better outcome.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Hissy fit? Ok.

Its my opinion based on watching his highlights. The game is changing to suit hard, running players who are hard running players. One's who can imapct a contest on the move, not lose momentum and deliver 50 - 60m accurate kicks will be worth their weight in gold.

The Northern Knights and Sandringham game is being streamed on the NAB League app. If you're put off watching a game on your phone/tablet, then you can easily watch it on a computer with an android emulator like Bluestacks. It only took me a few minutes to set it up.

You don't need to be an experienced junior watcher to tell that Sinn and Chesser are the two best players on the ground. I also don't believe the listing of 186cm and 72kg for Sinn, as he looks like an absolute monster out there. A few of the overragers doing well for the Northern Knights, but I wouldn't be excited to draft any of them so far. There's definitely something there too with Edwards from Sandringham. He moves well for 202cm.

Jackson Archer won a free kick on the wing and then kicked directly to a Sandringham opponent who was in space. My first thought was that he is going to fit in tremendously with our backline. Too early to tell anything with him, but I thought that was a funny moment.

I think I read somewhere that Sinn was now 190cm and had put on 13kg in the last year. Would 190cm and 85kg look about right?

How is Ned Long playing?

Sinn moved into the middle in the second half. Didn't have the result you'd want from a top-5 hopeful and showed that he'll probably only be a halfback at AFL level. Looked okay at times being the first option for the clearance player, but was in no danger of winning a contested possession. Put some daylight between him and Horne, Sonsie, Daicos etc imo. It wasn't the best conditions for him today, but you could still tell he is a classy player with good skills and solid pace. Should be a good halfback at AFL level. My opening thoughts may sound harsh, but it's only in the context of some having him in the top three or four. If we somehow won 5-7 games this year he'd be a tremendous pickup for us. We'd absolutely love a type like him. He is basically the player that we hope Flynn Perez becomes, but without Flynn's courage.

Chesser is one to keep a close eye on. His second half was pretty quiet (injured his knee and was noticeably limping), but you can just tell that the kid has it. Will be an interesting storyline over the course of the season to see if he moves past Sinn. He is definitely a top 10 talent. The rest of the year will show if he is top 5.

Edwards would be a great option for pick one in the midseason draft. 202cm Forward/Ruck. Has a lighter build with great mobility so your comparison would be Tim English. Maybe a touch of Hipwood too. The ruckman for the Knights was 192cm, so no point focusing on his tapwork. Took some good marks on the wing, in defence and up forward for a goal. He moves really well too. Had a pretty good attempt at side stepping a much smaller player in the back pocket that got him out of trouble. Still so many unknowns for the midseason draft, but lock him in for the top 5.

Callaghan and Long quieter and don't look as impressive. Probably 20-50 ranked talents. Most of the Knight's best players were overragers and none looked like top 50 prospects. Archer and Long the best of the 18 year olds. Archer is a bit like Ed Richards or Isaac Quaynor in their junior years. None of those players asserted themselves down back, but kept winning contests, looked composed and won their one on ones. Archer isn't quite as a good of a prospect as he doesn't have the same level of composure. He plays very hard, but in a manic/rushed style. The game needs to slow down for him. His footskills are also shocking. Three absolutely shocking turnovers that stood out for me where he missed targets in the back half. He'll definitely get picked up and looked a lot better than Crocker did at this level. 18 to 19 is a huge year development wise, so you have to keep that in mind when evaluating the 18 year olds. I think he goes 40+.

Not watching the Oakleigh game as closely, but Collingwood have a player in Daicos. Looks like a genuine star.

I think I read somewhere that Sinn was now 190cm and had put on 13kg in the last year. Would 190cm and 85kg look about right?

How is Ned Long playing?

That sounds right. He didn't look much smaller than Long (192cm and 88kg) when they stood next to each other at stoppages. Maybe a touch lighter than 85kg, but definitely not the 72kg he was listed at.

Ned Long was quieter than last week, but definitely the best of the 18 year olds for the Northern Knights. He isn't one of those players that stand out when they have the ball, but in an u19 competition it's impressive to be performing well in the middle.

Agree . From what I’ve seen of him 2 games now ,
He’s a Hard at it defender but needs to def work on his foot skills .
Just seen him miss a target with no pressure 2-3 times just in the last quarter & turn it over . Luckily didn’t cost his team a goal on any of the occasions...
He’s Already pretty much a Shaun Atley type . Should fit right in & play easily 200 plus games for us 👌👍😁😂
If “deer in the headlights “ Atley has been doing & getting away with it for so long ... why can’t Jackson Archer as well hey ?

It's scary how much he looks like he has been playing in our backline for the past decade. Some of those kicks gave me flashbacks to last Friday.

"Shaun Atley type"

I wasn't comparing stats tho. I was watching their highlights.

The reason I like Campbell was discussed with other posters last draft period. He reminds a few of us of Wayne Schwass with his attack and run at the ball. His ability to run into a pack and emerge from it with the ball then boot it long and accurately on his left is definitely Schwatta-like and I don't recall seeing anyone previously in any draft vid who ever reminded me of the great man. NEAFL juniors or whatever? So what. He was still showing something that I'm not used to seeing with draftees.

If we're doing 90s comparisons Phillips has a bit of Paul Kelly about him too. His ability to win the contested ball and clear it is bloody unreal. Especially as a kid playing against adults slightly bigger kids with last year's picks 1 and 2 in the same side.

Stats can be useful and are getting better but they don't convey stuff that is a bit harder to measure.
Hey ferball enjoy your posts. This is my 2 bobs worth. Last year was a good example you liked Cambell playing great footy at the moment. Myself i liked Thilthorpe Snake and a few where keen on Phillips plenty where on Mcdonald and Hollands that is a lot of different opinions just there a few liked DBG from the Hawks so when posters blame Scott for our list now are wrong.Its not like they deliberatly picked the wrong ones i remember clearly at the time more than half the posters on here where very happy with the picks that Scott and co picked at the time but when they failed decided to change their mind and blame Scott and co for our currant list. to me its not about blame. Who will be right out of the list i mentioned who knows but in a few years time if we did not get it right do we blame the currant mob of course not sometimes it is just luck of the draw just bad luck. There is no right or wrong pick at the time just good luck if they turn out. I realize you can reduce your bad luck in away with picks to an extent but luck plays a huge part in recruiting ps i think Cambell would have been a great pick as well and phillips and the rest of them as well now i am just doing what a lot of posters do and having 2 bob on them all now i cant be wrong. Keep the good posts coming ferball.

The workrate is off the charts for Daicos. That combined with naturally knowing where to go makes him a pretty special footballer.

It starts to become unfair when you throw in the class and good skills. Collingwood have an absolute beauty.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Round 2

Northern Knights
1.1 3.4 3.7 5.11 (41)
Sandringham Dragons 1.3 1.6 3.9 6.10 (46)

GOALS:
Northern Knights: House Akuei Long Trudgeon Hogg
Sandringham Dragons: Soylemez 2 Howes Edwards Mckay Chesser

BEST:
Northern Knights: Macpherson Ward Long Watson Fitzgerald Trudgeon
Sandringham Dragons: Lewis Cleary Mckay Benton Hipwell Riley

Tasmania Devils 2.3 4.3 4.4 5.10 (40)
Calder Cannons 2.4 2.6 5.9 5.11 (41)

GOALS:
Tasmania Devils: Sanders Holmes Pullen Menzie Tilley
Calder Cannons: Cardillo 2 Bozinovski Podhajski Goater

BEST:
Tasmania Devils: Davis Splann Menzie White Sanders Banks
Calder Cannons: Podhajski Lakey Andronaco Dimasi Cardillo Mason

Round 2

Northern Knights
1.1 3.4 3.7 5.11 (41)
Sandringham Dragons 1.3 1.6 3.9 6.10 (46)

GOALS:
Northern Knights: House Akuei Long Trudgeon Hogg
Sandringham Dragons: Soylemez 2 Howes Edwards Mckay Chesser

BEST:
Northern Knights: Macpherson Ward Long Watson Fitzgerald Trudgeon
Sandringham Dragons: Lewis Cleary Mckay Benton Hipwell Riley

Tasmania Devils 2.3 4.3 4.4 5.10 (40)
Calder Cannons 2.4 2.6 5.9 5.11 (41)

GOALS:
Tasmania Devils: Sanders Holmes Pullen Menzie Tilley
Calder Cannons: Cardillo 2 Bozinovski Podhajski Goater

BEST:
Tasmania Devils: Davis Splann Menzie White Sanders Banks
Calder Cannons: Podhajski Lakey Andronaco Dimasi Cardillo Mason

Are those highlighted in our nga

Are those highlighted in our nga
Sanders is but he's an over-ager now. Davis is an over-ager as well and is eligible for the MS draft. Sam Banks is Tassie's best prospect to get drafted in this year's ND. He's training with us this week (April 12-16).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back