Will North rise above 18th?

Remove this Banner Ad

We are both literally unnamed on a public Internet forum and your suggesting me go and get a life?

This is the main board, adding little to the discussion is cause for concern.

As I said on your very board, North have reason to be optimistic. Thomas looks good, LDU building, Simpkin is an almost man, will he become a truly elite A grade player or will he remain that rung below the top superstars of the game.

The kids showed glimpses Sunday. I just didn’t think
It was a very good idea to delist pretty much all your depth. It’s causing undeserved guys to get games (preaching from the choir here because Essendon have undeserving players getting games as well).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Who that we delisted would/should be playing over which current undeserving players?

Macmillan - A very mediocre footballer who was a defender that could not defend (or attack for that matter). Aaron Hall & Jack Ziebell have taken his spot and are having better seasons then he ever had.

Pittard - See Macmillan + a worse kick.

Ahern - Consistently came back from off season overweight. Currently plodding in the VFL.

Crocker - Should have never been drafted.

Wood - Athletically gifted, but a pea heart who had 1 good game and 5 poor ones. Not a leader.

Daw - Consistently injured/off-field troubles. Not playing ahead of Corr, Tarrant & McKay.

Vickers-Willis - Injury issues/not good enough.

Crocker - Not good enough, should have never been drafted.

Durdin - See Daw & Ahern. Plodding in SANFL.

Williams - Worst field kick in the AFL.

Jacobs - Concussion.

Murphy - See Crocker.

Of course, who wouldn't..but i am telling you the way the crows are playing now, they don' t look close to beating anyone so should north snag a win, then it will come down to that game in Adelaide. I'd be putting money on north to win that they way they are currently playing
you really want that wooden spoon just to get Horne from South Adelaide at pick 1?

So much for the pride of South Australia.

Crows from 1991-2009 avoided bottom 6 like a plague or illness.....

you really want that wooden spoon just to get Horne from South Adelaide at pick 1?

I never said i want the wooden spoon. Go look at my comments on our board..i am disagreeing with those who do. But i am a realist and any neutral observer would find it hard to disagree that the crows are likely to not win another game this year and that means if north find another win the crows area good chance to 'win' another spoon

Look, as a stated, it was a quick snapshot. I didn't cherry pick players based on what fit my narrative...I just grabbed the top ten based on how it's ordered on AFL.com.au.

None of this changes the fact our side was by average younger and we still won by 3/4 goals and are currently 10 places higher than you on the ladder.

No one gave a s**t about Sydney tanking last year.

We've got the worst midfield ever assembled at AFL level, so we need to do whatever we can to bring in A grade talent.

Personally I think North are about an 80% chance of winning the spoon. Hawthorn plays both Adelaide and Collingwood, so either way that's at least 1 team "competing" for the spoon that will pull away from us. It may well end up coming down to the round 22 Adelaide vs North game tbh, but I think it will be settled before then.

At the end of the day we would need to win a minimum of 2 out of the last 5 games to escape the bottom of the ladder. Not sure we'll have enough puff left in our chest for it tbh. Even though the Essendon game was a 50 point turnaround from our last meeting, there were a few warning signs that some of the older heads might not be able to maintain the rage and it's hard to get the kids to carry you across the finish line consistently.

Irrespective of where the Roos finish this year they have shown a fair bit of recent. The club could have sat back and developed a sh*t culture but that ain't in the Shinboners DNA!

Shinboners spirit...not that dribble. Just a marketing ploy to manipulate members to accept the floundering mediocrity that is NMFC.

Nighty, night...

Shinboners spirit...not that dribble. Just a marketing ploy to manipulate members to accept the floundering mediocrity that is NMFC.

Nighty, night...
You have no idea. Your hatred has blinded you, the Shinboner spirit is not something made up it's a substance that they have and ******* good on em.

You have no idea. Your hatred has blinded you, the Shinboner spirit is not something made up it's a substance that they have and ******* good on em.

He's just upset that the Bombers haven't been able to Bradbury a flag before the upcoming rebuild

The kids showed glimpses Sunday. I just didn’t think
It was a very good idea to delist pretty much all your depth. It’s causing undeserved guys to get games (preaching from the choir here because Essendon have undeserving players getting games as well).

Who are these undeserving guys you're referring to? It was an easier team to get in to when we had a buttload of injuries earlier in the season.
I actually reckon the opposite is happening now- guys like Xerri, Scott, Bonar (pre-ankle injury) and Phillips are/were missing out on games when they actually have earnt them. Good problem to have.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No one gave a sh*t about Sydney tanking last year.

We've got the worst midfield ever assembled at AFL level, so we need to do whatever we can to bring in A grade talent.
This is why I cannot understand why McHenry isn't playing midfield minutes, loves it under packs. He and Pedler should be starting at centre bounces 10 minutes per quarter. Instead they drop Pedler

On RMX1941 using BigFooty.com mobile app

North can avoid the spoon, hopefully a win this week to kick it off. All Essendon supporters are behind you this week 🤣

Who that we delisted would/should be playing over which current undeserving players?

Macmillan - A very mediocre footballer who was a defender that could not defend (or attack for that matter). Aaron Hall & Jack Ziebell have taken his spot and are having better seasons then he ever had.

Pittard - See Macmillan + a worse kick.

Ahern - Consistently came back from off season overweight. Currently plodding in the VFL.

Crocker - Should have never been drafted.

Wood - Athletically gifted, but a pea heart who had 1 good game and 5 poor ones. Not a leader.

Daw - Consistently injured/off-field troubles. Not playing ahead of Corr, Tarrant & McKay.

Vickers-Willis - Injury issues/not good enough.

Crocker - Not good enough, should have never been drafted.

Durdin - See Daw & Ahern. Plodding in SANFL.

Williams - Worst field kick in the AFL.

Jacobs - Concussion.

Murphy - See Crocker.

I only thought Vickers-Willis was hard done by. He was a good player, but injury prone like you said.

I thought we might have held on to Pittard for depth too, but he was never a world beater.

A 23 year old will likely win our BnF. Thats a single year older than your 22 and under obsession. Plus 3 of our players are ranked highly to take out the 2021 rising star award. 3 in the top 11. Theres not 1 North or Hawthorn player in that list. Plus it's far less impressive for a young player to do well in the BnF for the worst team in the league.

View attachment 1181539

What dribble have you got next mate? You're almost as dim as these North supporters.

Powell was literally the 3rd favorite before injury, so it’s not exactly a great card to pull.

Phillips will be in the best handful from this draft, kid has amazing footy IQ and ball use, just needs some miles in the legs after last years year off and knee injury.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back