List Mgmt. End of season 2021 Delistings.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

After reading his interview in the addy today i'm kind of glad he's leaving. He's done an amazing job turning this club around, but some of his comments are head in the sand and completely contradictory to things he said when he started here. One quote from back then "we were great at being average". Well f me, isn't that what we have become now?

And then he talks about not bottoming out and still looking for free agents. Seemingly very happy just treading water. That approach has got us nowhere.

And I say that will full respect for him ,as we probably would have gone the way of fitzroy without him. But his time has passed now I think.
Everything has a used by date at a football club you can not go stale, you just have to make change

It's likely that Cam T. will emerge in years to come; Buckenara rated him at 30.
That says a lot more about the value of pre-draft media hype than it does Taheny. It's unfortunate that the two seasons he had were severely disrupted but he didn't do much to suggest he had a future when he was able to play.

That says a lot more about the value of pre-draft media hype than it does Taheny. It's unfortunate that the two seasons he had were severely disrupted but he didn't do much to suggest he had a future when he was able to play.

Drafting is a very inexact science. Drafting 18-year-olds from interstate, who have to leave their family and friend networks, is close to a lottery. Only a small minority make it, as we've seen many times. Injuries obviously don't help, nor do two years of COVID interruptions and relocations.

I'm not sure we could afford the asking price - either in terms of his reported asking price, with numbers thrown around of like $700k, though that may be media speculation

But also in terms of Fremantle's trade price - with Carlton the suggestions are it'll be pick 6 at a minimum, while last week there was some mentions that Melbourne had thrown their hat in the ring for this services with that starting point for negotiations being a Luke Jackson

In serious terms, what would we have to offer?
Clark, Narkle, Picks...

All too true. It's sad that our draft position denied us access to the better Falcons who are starring all over the competition at the moment.

Further, we went for some of the wrong trades; i don't know if they were available to us but Seedsman, Nic Newman and numerous others have done very well at their clubs, though they were not big names at the time. More recently Hind. There are several I've noted over the journey.

No worries. I definitely had my doubts earlier in the season but he made significant improvement in his last few games.
And with an old list, why would we get rid of a young player who may only end up being a backup defender, but has improved steadily over the years?

After reading his interview in the addy today i'm kind of glad he's leaving. He's done an amazing job turning this club around, but some of his comments are head in the sand and completely contradictory to things he said when he started here. One quote from back then "we were great at being average". Well f me, isn't that what we have become now?
And then he talks about not bottoming out and still looking for free agents. Seemingly very happy just treading water. That approach has got us nowhere.
And I say that will full respect for him ,as we probably would have gone the way of fitzroy without him. But his time has passed now I think.
Corporate BS..
judging us as if we are just a business..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can't we tap Higgins on the shoulder and do a Jack Steven job there? Only Hendo (maybe) & Jenkins from the old brigade to go? need a couple of more IMO.

I am struggling to find the seven, who are they?
Guessing it includes:
Miers, Henry & Close
Holmes, Simpson, Zuth & Ratugolea sitting on the fringe, though I'd be happy to see Holmes in the side from round 1

That equals 7 but not sure all are best 22, especially from the second group

They were all told to retire or leave because of their age/form, and yet we are still recruiting 30 years olds and keep playing those past the same age most of these players were let go at
I think you’re extrapolating big time. Corey and Bartel were completely out of juice by the time they were walked, for a start.

In fairness, the only one to really impress after leaving was SJ in his first year post Geelong. That said, I think the pressure of having to prove himself again was a big part of that.
We pushed Chappy, Bartel, Mooney , milburn et al because of their age profile and form and now we recruit players well past their best and in their 30’s

I don’t blame them for holding a grudge, I’m certainly not impressed with the hypocrisy of the club recruiting

We pushed Chappy, Bartel, Mooney , milburn et al because of their age profile and form and now we recruit players well past their best and in their 30’s

I don’t blame them for holding a grudge, I’m certainly not impressed with the hypocrisy of the club recruiting
You are talking about events five years apart

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back