Christian Petracca 2021 Grand Final Performance

Remove this Banner Ad

Are you for real?. Was already their best player when they were behind halfway through the 3rd than literally ripped the arse out of the Dogs in 15 mins of footy. It was every bit as good as Dusty ever has been in a big game. If you can't see that you have no idea.

It was a good performance - great even - but it didn't "grab" me live. Maybe on replay it would. Maybe the fact the team won by 74 points and there were players that got 6 goals or whatever didn't help. But it didn't feel like a performance you'd remember in 10 years. It's hard to judge sometimes though but I feel like I've watched Grand finals and have gone "that's a phenomenal Norm Smith performance" and Petracca's didn't grab me to that extent watching it. Definitely Norm Smith worthy but not like best on ground by a country mile. Maybe that just means the rest of the team was pretty good too 🤷‍♂️

Wasn't a "WOW, I can't believe that performance" game.

Maybe because it was a blowout win so it's not as if he alone was the difference between winning and losing. I can't tell you who won the NS for Geelong when the beat Port.
Stevie J. Everyone knows that.

He played a great game but not a ‘Dusty’ great game, *ing hell of a player though.

Heard from a reliable source off FB he wants to play for his beloved Pies on minimum coin next year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Petracca and Oliver are the best duo I've watched in recent years. Just unbelievable defensive efforts for two of the games best offensive players. Congrats Dees fans!!!
Petracca and Oliver, completely different player styles, but on the level of Judd and Cousins? This biased supporter thinks so

Petracca and Oliver, completely different player styles, but on the level of Judd and Cousins? This biased supporter thinks so
Judd? Maybe not so but potentially Cousins. It's such a long time ago now that it's hard to remember just how good those blokes were at their peak.

Definite best one-two mid combo in the league right now by a country mile though.

Judd? Maybe not so but potentially Cousins. It's such a long time ago now that it's hard to remember just how good those blokes were at their peak.

Definite best one-two mid combo in the league right now by a country mile though.
Yeah I’m not trying to compare them in any other way other than being the best combination one-two midfield right now, and for the last few years at least. I reckon probably the best one-two midfield combinations since Judd And cousins

Yeah I’m not trying to compare them in any other way other than being the best combination one-two midfield right now, and for the last few years at least. I reckon probably the best one-two midfield combinations since Judd And cousins
Think you might be underselling combos such as Ablett/Selwood there.

Still, head and shoulders above the rest right now and likely will be for some time to come.

Too long ago for me to remember. Different players and I'd still have Judd as the best I've ever seen in my short life so far, but the defensive pressure Trac and Oliver produce is completely insane. They just do it all in the middle there.

Too long ago for me to remember. Different players and I'd still have Judd as the best I've ever seen in my short life so far, but the defensive pressure Trac and Oliver produce is completely insane. They just do it all in the middle there.
Yeah, they're certainly the complete package, that's for sure. Unlike other mids (*cough* Dangerfield *cough*) they can actually dispose of the ball properly. Oliver's really worked on his deficiencies also, had a bad rep for just being a 1m handpass kinda guy but he's certainly turning into the a fully rounded player.

Going to be a hard team to beat for a long time.

GWS were a speed hump that Marlion Pickett on debut made look second rate. Adelaide were smashed off the park by the Richmond pressure with Cotchin and Edwards doing as much damage as Dusty until junk time.

Dusty was sensational in both of those games but they would've won if he was just solid too.

Petracca was actually a bit fumbly early and the Dees midfield got beaten in the 2nd quarter but he was the main driving force in the 3rd quarter.

Not sure I'd put it on the level of Dusty just dismantling Geelong last year but I reckon it compares on a similar level to Dusty 1+2 and Shuey (18), Hayes (2010 and Goddard in the same game),Hodge 2008 and Judd 05 for performances in the last 15 years.

Bontempelli was running away with the flag and the Norm and Petracca said no thanks mate.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back