Ultimate Glory 2023 Trade speculation and Shinbeggars discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
No way we cough up 2 firsts for Ben King - no way.

The list is still developing, it is not a proven product.

Look at what happens when you cough up 2 x First Rd picks when the list doesn't turn out what you thought it was, plus that player doesn't live up to your expectations. Could set you back 6-7 years.

Must be a lot of Hawks fans with very short memories.

If you want to add the final piece of the puzzle you wait until the side is consistently playing finals, then you probably can gamble with sacrificing 2 firsts.

How do we get King next year without our 2024 first round pick?
An example, someone offers the world to trade for Worpel( assuming he is a 2 yr extn) and we consider as he will be FA in 2 yrs time. Assuming Frenchie has developed far enough that we don't have a problem letting go. Same applies for Nash, he too should be FA next yr or the yr after.

Agree 2 1st rounders plus McCabe this year. Next year would be the best time to throw the kitchen sink at B King!
if B king is available, we would be derelict in our duties to not engineer a beneficial trade. If not, we need to find ways to get Suns pick 5. Hence the hypothetical offer to trade CJ + something for Suns pick 5(+ something) and/or Hawks f1.

These are all hypotheticals but seems to upset CJ fans or people wedded to set ways of thinking. It is good to consider creative options as season is almost over.

RoughandLove drops some news
Hope you’re all well, it’s been a while.

Have a little bit of news to share.

We’re trying to get Liam Ryan in a deal for Brockman. We may need to sweeten it up a little - was told we could help financially, is it possible to pay some of Brockmans new contract with WC?

Brockman wants to go home understandably, Liam Ryan loves Sam Mitchell. Makes sense.

This will excite us all, we are chasing a real top liner, an A grader which I’ve been told we are confident of getting done. I was not told who it is, can only assume it’s a Ben King type. A bit of noise around here already about BK, could it be someone else?

We have a stack to spend, more than any other club plus the cap is increasing. We’re in a great position overall.

That’s all I have for now, will update you all over the coming weeks as more news comes to hand.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

We’re trying to get Liam Ryan in a deal for Brockman. We may need to sweeten it up a little - was told we could help financially, is it possible to pay some of Brockmans new contract with WC?

Brockman wants to go home understandably, Liam Ryan loves Sam Mitchell. Makes sense.

This will excite us all, we are chasing a real top liner, an A grader which I’ve been told we are confident of getting done. I was not told who it is, can only assume it’s a Ben King type. A bit of noise around here already about BK, could it be someone else?

We have a stack to spend, more than any other club plus the cap is increasing. We’re in a great position overall.

That’s all I have for now, will update you all over the coming weeks as more news comes to hand.

IMG_0988.gif

Bailey Smith?

Well that didn't take long.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well we have pick 4 as previously touched on.
The problem is its a bit like trying to get Elon Musk a birthday present - you've got everything you need, tonnes of first round talent, good leaders at the club, now it seems you have no cap space issues. you just have this very high pick that's not quite high enough to come in before the first bid on one of your academy players. We are a young developing team who look on the way up but we've had a good run with injuries this year. Now we may rise up but how far is the question. Our first round will be somewhere between 6-12 I would think. So as that as a starting point what else would you want for your pick 4 remembering you won't get to use it on a specific player?

Saw both teams return last night and Will Day and Bailey Smith were having a very long chat.

How do we get King next year without our 2024 first round pick?
Our 2025 1st rounder would be the starting point. The key is we make an offer he can’t refuse and he chooses us. He is out of contract (maybe a restricted free agent if the rules change) which weakens the Suns bargaining power. We also may keep our 2024 1st.

Have always thought the hack to do it is

Brocky signs contract for X yrs now.
Then we do a trade in trade period and pay Y% of that contract.

Generally the problem is if Brocky turns around and changes mind, we are stuck with the contract but that will be nice problem for us.

Now will AFL house be ok with that.

PS : I would think brocky for Ryan is a fair swap, if we are taking a lot of new contract then hope there a some sweetners our way too. I will accept a Ryan Maric :)

The problem is its a bit like trying to get Elon Musk a birthday present - you've got everything you need, tonnes of first round talent, good leaders at the club, now it seems you have no cap space issues. you just have this very high pick that's not quite high enough to come in before the first bid on one of your academy players. We are a young developing team who look on the way up but we've had a good run with injuries this year. Now we may rise up but how far is the question. Our first round will be somewhere between 6-12 I would think. So as that as a starting point what else would you want for your pick 4 remembering you won't get to use it on a specific player?
We can use it on a specific player the issue is selling said player on the vision. If for instance Will Day ( just an example) wanted to come to the Suns pick 4 would be on the table. Remember it’s just hypothetical, something like Lachie Neale to Brisbane for 6 and 19 from memory

Perhaps 4 and E Hollands?

He's baaaaaack.
Ben Affleck Rain GIF by Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

We can use it on a specific player the issue is selling said player on the vision. If for instance Will Day ( just an example) wanted to come to the Suns pick 4 would be on the table. Remember it’s just hypothetical, something like Lachie Neale to Brisbane for 6 and 19 from memory

Perhaps 4 and E Hollands?
Hey you could even use that pick 4 to get Tom Lynch back

Liam Ryan becomes much more appealing and needed now that chad is out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back