Player Watch #11: Luke "Two Dogs" McDonald (Part II) - Roo til end '26 - 2023/24 co captain w/ Jy

Remove this Banner Ad

Backed. If McDonald came in for Goater I'd be absolutely filthy. Larkey is captain for now.
I think it will happen tbh and plays on greene

But I actually reckon lmac should start sub round 1 then come on and play back and allow one of the runners to go into the middle in the second half

Sheezel will sort them out.
Luke isnt ready.

Nah, just let Sheez do his thing, he’s not exactly lockdown either, I meant the actual defenders looked all at sea, Dawson, Pink, Biggy are all fresh and the rest are just kids. We also need a matchup for Greene, I know he lit Luke up last time, but Greene can do that to anyone.

Nah, just let Sheez do his thing, he’s not exactly lockdown either, I meant the actual defenders looked all at sea, Dawson, Pink, Biggy are all fresh and the rest are just kids. We also need a matchup for Greene, I know he lit Luke up last time, but Greene can do that to anyone.

I wouldn't say Dawson looked all at sea. I thought he was composed and effective, and Pink only slightly less so. Your comment really only applies to Biggy, who got better as the game went on.

I wouldn't say Dawson looked all at sea. I thought he was composed and effective, and Pink only slightly less so. Your comment really only applies to Biggy, who got better as the game went on.

It looked to me like they struggled structurally, especially early, I thought King would kick a bag. We need someone down back that is good at organising our green defence. Corr will be handy with that as well when he comes back. At the moment I think LMac is the one, and he’s a better defender than he gets credit for on here.

He’s captain for a reason.

Does anyone know what the reason is?
Because his the players mate that why as they can’t see the game has passed him by.
If McDonald is a true leader he would fight his way back into the AFL to get a game don’t rely on been an automatic selection just because
1:Your Co Captain and the other Captain is unavailable.
2:As your father is still involved and has plenty of mates that will look after you.
I expect him to retire at Seasons end and he has already made moves to make sure he is ok after football with his Corporate Box business.

I think the only reason he was elected is we don't have too many seniors players who have been at the club for a while like McDonald has.

He may be a solid leader but I don't see him as a commander of men like Darcy Moore or James Sicily.

I'd take Souv as my captain persoally.

I think the only reason he was elected is we don't have too many seniors players who have been at the club for a while like McDonald has.

He may be a solid leader but I don't see him as a commander of men like Darcy Moore or James Sicily.

Tbf I think he’s a strong vocal voice with leadership skills

Captain all throughout his career, captained trinity and vic metro

(Log in to remove this ad.)

LMac will be fine if he's ready to accept he's not the man that needs to have the ball in hand. Back when he started in the AFL he was more than handy as a close-checking lockdown defender that flew for spoils and marks.
I genuinely believe the game has passed him by.
Speed of the game, being dual sided or having a strong dominant side to make up for the lack of agility.
All that s**t. His ceiling is VFL and hes contracted for 3 more years.

I genuinely believe the game has passed him by.
Speed of the game, being dual sided or having a strong dominant side to make up for the lack of agility.
All that s**t. His ceiling is VFL and hes contracted for 3 more years.
His ceiling isn't VFL. It's just that his floor is VFA

Luke and Jy are the only two players on our list to have played 100 games for our club. Both are obviously co-captains.

Zurhaar joins them in round one, and Larkey won't be far behind, but it really illustrates what you've pointed out in that we really didn't have much to choose from when the choice was made last year. I think if Ziebell had held on for another year we'd have seen Larkey and Simpkin as captains.

if Luke comes in for Goater then Goater has to be a bench player and replaces Luke in case Lukes hammy goes twiiing or he's getting beaten badly.l suppose the positive is , if Luke gets beaten in round 1 it will make it easier to drop him and let Goater take his place until Luke can earn if back which could take awhile...

He had a bad year last year. Even so he’s no superstar. But lets not overreact with McDonald. He’s definitely good enough to play in what is assuredly a bottom 4 team. Just needs to be fit and ready.
We dont want to be bottom 4. So why would we play him if he’s only good enough to be in a bottom 4 team?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back