Review Good/Bad vs Geelong

Remove this Banner Ad

Fellow insomniac, or are you at some wild, late night social function like a rave? :sneaky:

" ... noted club critic ...", hilarious!

I have more interesting posters than him on 'ignore', because of amusement value.
His word-mangling reminds me of semi-illiterate Year 12 English students who had been kicked upstairs year after year by enabling-parents and a p1ssweak Education system that rewarded squeaky wheels. What those parents wanted, they got. Long story.

My personal favourite, from a 17yo boy:
"The whiches profits made Macbeth think he was invisible". [witches'/ prophecies/ invincible]
Even funnier, he sat the Year 12 Exam and ended up with a D :rolleyes:.
The next year, I stopped teaching English (in despair) to focus on Year 12 Maths, but I could not escape out-of-their-depth dyscalculia there. 16-18y.o. students, in Year 12, needing a Calculator to do 30 x 10. I kid you not.

What in the world?

Anyone still thinking Berry has A grader quality?

Complete waste of time developing him.

There was one piece of play, I think it was in the third, deep forward and we should have scored but he produced a dumb play. Exactly what I said during the week. Doesn’t have footy smarts.
I've never rated him. Theres a reason he played mostly SANFL last year. B grader

Something is wrong here.

Why are all our players off?

There just looks to be no joy out there, no play with your natural instincts, so much double guessing and fear.

Skills disappeared.

Dawson is fumbling, can’t hit a target, bad decisions.

Worrell lost his spark his dare.

Pedler can’t kick.

Milera getting caught.

Everyone failing over.

Even Max, who would normally just go go go has been stopping and waiting.

It’s like all of the individual strengths players had … have been dulled if not surgically removed!! I’ve seen that before, not letting players play.

Who puts Pedlar, a creative hard nosed ball winner, in a defensive role on the best zone off defender in the league? Reminded me of Massie on Buddy.

The coaching is diabolical. Our players look lost, they look confused.

I’m not liking what I’ve seen in our first two games this year. One bad one you can write off, this is looking like a scary trend and just dead set awful setup and play style … that’s on the coach and the, dare I say, leadership group.

Play finals? I’m expecting to hear some “it’s a long season” quotes soon.

McHenry good as the sub again, just has to be his position. Showed more urgency than most of our players and tried to move the ball with some pace, even though our structures were so bad ahead of the ball.
My god man yes he did better than some but turned the ball over every time apart from one of his dinky kicks .
We are getting smashed by bigger bodies in marking contests and contested possessions and unrestricted run and we have amidst was sub who is slow and lacking skills .
Yes I know he goes in hard so does Murphy ?

I've never rated him. Theres a reason he played mostly SANFL last year. B grader
I've been bewildered seeing some say about his "recent form" evaporating on him.
It was pre season ffs. This is the real thing, when the dial goes to maximum.
And the type of player Berry is, he will struggle when the pressure cooker and speed of the proper stuff is on.

Watching him a few times just off the ball but in the vicinity, might have fit into the speed of years gone by - which also gave his mind more time to make decisions.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm a fan of Pedlar, but he needs to be dropped after tonight's horrible selfish effort.
* me this is exactly the kind of horseshit that gets us into this mess. It's no wonder the club keeps doing it when supporters like you endorse it.

Jeez we’v gone from exciting to watch to whatever that was.

We also were up in disposals, kicks, inside 50s, free kicks, h/o, clearances, contested possessions, uncontested possessions, marks, tackles in 50, one percenters…

Pity theres no stat for coaching - unless its W/L which we know how that went.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

The club has said it wanted to improve our Defence around the ground. I reckon they haven’t done it but instead have stuffed up our attack in the process.

And Crouch/Laird/Dawson midfield combo doesn’t work. We’ve known that for 2 years. One of Crouch or Laird has to go and at this point it’s probably Laird

The club has said it wanted to improve our Defence around the ground. I reckon they haven’t done it but instead have stuffed up our attack in the process.

And Crouch/Laird/Dawson midfield combo doesn’t work. We’ve known that for 2 years. One of Crouch or Laird has to go and at this point it’s probably Laird

Nicks is of the Paul Roos school of build attack from defense. Roos, the most boring coach in leagues history is Nicks inspiration. So Basically, its where creativity went to die and because Sydney fluked some success Nicks is all 'sign me up!'

Something is wrong here.

Why are all our players off?

There just looks to be no joy out there, no play with your natural instincts, so much double guessing and fear.

Skills disappeared.

Dawson is fumbling, can’t hit a target, bad decisions.

Worrell lost his spark his dare.

Pedler can’t kick.

Milera getting caught.

Everyone failing over.

Even Max, who would normally just go go go has been stopping and waiting.

It’s like all of the individual strengths players had … have been dulled if not surgically removed!! I’ve seen that before, not letting players play.

Who puts Pedlar, a creative hard nosed ball winner, in a defensive role on the best zone off defender in the league? Reminded me of Massie on Buddy.

The coaching is diabolical. Our players look lost, they look confused.

I’m not liking what I’ve seen in our first two games this year. One bad one you can write off, this is looking like a scary trend and just dead set awful setup and play style … that’s on the coach and the, dare I say, leadership group.

Play finals? I’m expecting to hear some “it’s a long season” quotes soon.

They've all been 'Nicksed' - all the natural skill and flair has been coached out of them. Left with tentative, rigid uncertain lemmings. Its a real mess :embarrassedv1:

They've all been 'Nicksed' - all the natural skill and flair has been coached out of them. Left with tentative, rigid uncertain lemmings. Its a real mess :embarrassedv1:

Maybe we can get lucky and turn into 23 PAFC and win a lot of games in favourable conditions and then we can circle jerk the straight sets finals loss. But we have Nicks.....right?

They haven’t improved our defence. What they’ve done is slow down our ball movement with this kick pass game. Not taking the game on less chance of getting burnt on turnover. It’s meant our forward entries are slow and opposition floods our forward line making it harder to score.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back