List Mgmt. 2024 List Mismanagement and Trading

Remove this Banner Ad

Tom Powell looking very good for North, might be able to shake him loose with all their midfield talent
Rachele played midfield in the first 7 weeks last year and average 20 disposals and kicked 10.10, Soligo also looked good for the first few months last year, Pedlar was meant to be getting more midfield minutes and even Rankine started midfield last week and looked very good but even he didn't get any midfield minute last night. The talent is there.

Rachele played midfield in the first 7 weeks last year and average 20 disposals and kicked 10.10, Soligo also looked good for the first few months last year, Pedlar was meant to be getting more midfield minutes and even Rankine started midfield last week and looked very good but even he didn't get any midfield minute last night. The talent is there.
Jobs done then, chickens counted, a flag is just a matter of 'how soon'.

West Coast will rebuild and challenge before we will, built on the back of drafting top end gun mids.
Nicks still thinks that trying hard over talent will win grandfinals, the bloke is a dud.
Nicks will be getting his love child Ned to address the group on Monday telling them to try harder.

So they all come good, thats 3 players. Are you honestly saying organic growth is the way forward?
When did I say that? You questioned the talent of the midfield didn't you? But somehow Rachele and Pedlar hasn't had further time in there, Soligo is coming from limited preseason so this is understandable and Rankine did last week but not this week and you think Powell will get more midfield time then them?

West Coast will rebuild and challenge before we will, built on the back of drafting top end gun mids.
Nicks still thinks that trying hard over talent will win grandfinals, the bloke is a dud.
Nicks will be getting his love child Ned to address the group on Monday telling them to try harder.
Reid, ginbey, chesser and i know i missed another one. All quality young mids.

When did I say that? You questioned the talent of the midfield didn't you? But somehow Rachele and Pedlar hasn't had further time in there, Soligo is coming from limited preseason so this is understandable and Rankine did last week but not this week and you think Powell will get more midfield time then them?
I certainly didn't question their talent by suggesting we may be able to add Powell. I liked him in his draft year and thought he'd add to our future midfield.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What I don’t get is this:

Whilst there is a lot of angst over 2019 and serong etc and taking McAsey over a midfielder (which there is merit to) I can’t figure out our approach to missing out of JHF

Now, I don’t care what anyone thinks about JHF, not relevant, but he was a super hot ticket midfielder we went balls to the wall to get. In doing so, we acknowledged that we needed an infusion into our midfield

No one offers what we did without acknowledging that we need midfield help

So what have we done since? What moves have we made to strengthen the middle?

Crouch, laird and Dawson took up virtually all our CBA’s against Geelong.

Since we didn’t get JHF what have we done? What moves?
We recruited Rankine, drafted Rachele, Curtin, chased Redman

Now we acknowledged we needed something big, and that hole is still there

How is that not list malpractice?

Clearly showed we need a contested marking forward , missed Filthy big time
Need to chase Petty just get it done
Chips in this offseason

Dream scenario

Welsh - f/s
Philipou - 1st rounder plus future 2nd
Petty - future first
Hayward - FA

Balls deep for NWM

Petty hasn't shown much up forward for a dominant team. Can't see him all of a sudden becoming decent for us.

Fog on ball? Yuck.
It's good we get a whole year to see how Petty goes in other roles. If he can't perform as a forward we should walk away unless he comes cheap

Big article in the HSUN today bout Will Phillips at Norf (Pick 3 behind Thilthorpe) being a bit on the outer and well behind in the Norf Midfield pecking order.

Haven't really seen enough of him but if came at a reasonable price could be worth a look.

On the outer in a midfield that sacked Thomas. Are elite mids that generally that far down the pecking order?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back