Welcome Welcome to Richmond Mykelti Lefau

Remove this Banner Ad

It’s a nice story but unfortunately that is where it might end. No one at that level is scared of him like everyone reckons they will be.
If anything they will be laughing as they run away from him and jump over him.
He is way way way off the standard
Did he even lay a tackle? He is 26 ... absolutely confounding decision to put him on the list. Biggy would have played that third tall role to perfection but never tried it once in how many years he was on the list?? And 35 days on the list we try this rubbish with a rugby player. It ain't a nice story... it's clear evidence that our football department needs an overhaul ... who is making these decisions??

Did he even lay a tackle? He is 26 ... absolutely confounding decision to put him on the list. Biggy would have played that third tall role to perfection but never tried it once in how many years he was on the list?? And 35 days on the list we try this rubbish with a rugby player. It ain't a nice story... it's clear evidence that our football department needs an overhaul ... who is making these decisions??
Brilliant post!

I was at the game and made sure I watched him closely, like I said in a previous post he is a C grade footballer.
I would have preferred we kept Schofield or kept Biggy. It's a complete balls up, FFS even Chol would be a better option.
He doesn't have the natural instinct required to be any good.

Was a completely different player from the VFL and practice matches yesterday. He was timid, scared to kick, didnt want to make a decision, no aggression. Weird...... may just need time.

Looked like he didnt want to get anyones way IMO, played very polite footy.

Give the guy a chance FFS, he needs to play with confidence like he does in the VFL.
Very well said, this perfectly summed up my thoughts too, highlighted in particular when he for some reason started running towards the boundary with the ball in the last quarter when he seemingly had a chance to straighten up and have a ping?

Great story and I'm sure he will be better as he spends more time in the system, but he was pretty clueless out there. I went along yesterday super excited to watch him, so found myself watching him off ball quite a bit, he just doesn't seem to have the footy brain yet.

If I was to give him some leniency, having Ratagolea and Aliir on him in every contest is a bloody hard intro to footy. Those two are absolute giants.

He's kind of an awkward size, I don't think he's good enough overhead to be a 3rd tall, but is he mobile enough to be able to give us some x-factor up forward?
All you could give him was he made a contest , crunched Aliir bloody hard that left him ginger and he’s a big lad , but yea send him to vfl as a key forward and learn a trick or two

Very well said, this perfectly summed up my thoughts too, highlighted in particular when he for some reason started running towards the boundary with the ball in the last quarter when he seemingly had a chance to straighten up and have a ping?
Yeah 100%, thats on the coaching staff IMO - These debutants need the work put in above the shoulders so when they play in the seniors, they do so without fear of making mistakes.

We dont have any other tall forwards so they need to persevere with him and quickly make him feel like he belongs.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's one game , but he was no way near selection match committee screwed that up. Agree with the points he aren't no kid so he should be ready to go and have those natural football extincts I'm not seeing. In the other hand we had Schofield who had it or couldn't have brought in May from the vfl or El Nour.

It's one game , but he was no way near selection match committee screwed that up. Agree with the points he aren't no kid so he should be ready to go and have those natural football extincts I'm not seeing. In the other hand we had Schofield who had it or couldn't have brought in May from the vfl or El Nour.

I don't mind taking a punt on him but to me playing him over Kosi if we wanted a third tall on the weekend was a big mistake.

I thought Clarke was better than him in that VFL game he should have been in and Lefau should have been the sub and come in when heat was not it's hottest.

Agree with those saying give Lefau time to learn and adapt. Just needs to learn when the spotlight is on him that it is his stage. It is probably going to be a year of seeing what players can and cannot do and part of that has to be seeing how Lefau goes after benefitting from some insightful feedback from the coaches. Also, we will start seeing slower grounds and wintery conditions and his big body might be very useful in the middle of the season if he can adapt to the level.

Look folks he’s barely VFL standard and I was really concerned on his selection and wished him best on his selection bc he was going to need all the best wishes possible. Our FD is incredibly incompetent and how he could be picked over Cumberland is mind boggling even if Cumberland is shorter than him. The guy is a battler at best in the VFL and will never make it at the highest level. Too many dreamers on here expecting the dream of dreams to come to true.

Looked like he didnt want to get anyones way IMO, played very polite footy.

Give the guy a chance FFS, he needs to play with confidence like he does in the VFL.

Yet he got in Lynch and Balta's way a few times, costing them marks.

Look folks he’s barely VFL standard and I was really concerned on his selection and wished him best on his selection bc he was going to need all the best wishes possible. Our FD is incredibly incompetent and how he could be picked over Cumberland is mind boggling even if Cumberland is shorter than him. The guy is a battler at best in the VFL and will never make it at the highest level. Too many dreamers on here expecting the dream of dreams to come to true.

The FD want players to play certain roles within the team. As the role becomes available, they play the player who has displayed the most attributes suited to that role. This forces players like Cumberland to expand their game if they want to get picked. It is slightly encouraging he seems to be focussing more on the defensive aspects of the game in the VFL recently.

Are you going to judge Lefau on his first game for the club? His player rating was 3.8 which is poor, though far from worst on ground. 12 players rated lower, and his opponent opponent Aliir barely rated higher at 4.6. Out of interest, Cumberland rated lower than Lefau's 3.8 in his last 6 matches at AFL level, and in 10 of his 18 matches overall.

Lefau, his form in the VFL didn't warrant selection so soon a few little good things that he did.

I was more asking who were the players who had displayed better form for longer that his selection was disrespectful to.

Remember Lefau is well known to the club as he has been playing in our VFL team for a few years now.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back