Preview Changes v Carlton [Good Friday Superclash]

Remove this Banner Ad

Just was looking back at the stats for the last time we met Carlton.

Larkey only kicked 0.1
So hopefully a better output from him this time.

Zurhaar kicked 3.4

Fisher got 29 disposals for Carlton
Hopefully he can do that against his old team.

Carlton haven't played in two weeks, we've got a few games under our belt... fitness was a focus during the pre-season...

Anyone feeling like this could go to the wire?
We usually match up pretty well against Carlton so I'm expecting a competitive game.

Carlton haven't played in two weeks, we've got a few games under our belt... fitness was a focus during the pre-season...

Anyone feeling like this could go to the wire?

I'm mostly concerned about Clarkson's Hawthorn-related absence being a disruption this week... maybe we'll get something like a phantom post-coach bump, without actually losing our coach on game day?

But yes, it feels like there's less pressure on this game than the Freo one - perhaps to our advantage. The Dockers knew what was at stake for them on Saturday and played like it. I think that a lossless Carlton might be walking into this one as though it's been won already, and them coming off a very premature bye is a bit of a wild card. I'm looking forward to the game.

Last edited:
Just was looking back at the stats for the last time we met Carlton.

Larkey only kicked 0.1
So hopefully a better output from him this time.

Zurhaar kicked 3.4

Fisher got 29 disposals for Carlton
Hopefully he can do that against his old team.
We were in this game till 3/4 time until Curnow got kissed on the dick by the umpires for the rest of the game . Gave 2-3 frees in front of goals
Changed the whole result

We usually match up pretty well against Carlton so I'm expecting a competitive game.
For some reason or another too we always play them with a weakened defence . This year for obvious reasons but other years we’ve had buckets out or Corr or both to take on their 2 gorillas

We are stacked for hb options in Bergman, George and Hardeman. Time to move McKercher further up the ground where we are lacking.

McKercher to wing might be the move... Scott needs to get back there at some stage too.

Dursma took more marks than Stephens had possessions.

That shouldn’t happen.

Drive standards and give someone else a go on the wing.

We need some more contested ball so either Greenwood or Phillips.
Yeah I must admit that I have let Stephens go under the radar a bit but as yet he hasnt inspired me to think, hey we picked up a good one there. Fisher seems to have settled in better so the only way from here is up or OUT.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We were in this game till 3/4 time until Curnow got kissed on the dick by the umpires for the rest of the game . Gave 2-3 frees in front of goals
Changed the whole result
Yeah i remember that, it was criminal.
Completely ruined a good contest and just felt like gifts for Carlton.

I think we'll probably go with minimal changes. CCJ undeservedly stays in due to lack of backup ruck.

Out: Stephenson, Lazzaro
In: Ford, Phillips

Ford to improve aerial, Phillips to challenge inside game vs Carlton and release Powell and LD to outside.

I'd love to see Comben brought in vs Mckay, and Sellers finding a place, but I doubt it'll happen.

Changed the whole result

Even better - Weitering tackling Cam AROUND THE NECK ( while Cam was standing up mind you ), apologising, and the ump accepting Jacob's apology and calling for a ball-up ! 😡

after exiting the D50 there's that kick they do to McKay standing near the boundary.
who then marks it more often than not before kicking to curnow.

many clubs who have extra talls do the same tact but carlton is notorious for it.

need to chop it off.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back