Mega Thread Port Forum General AFL Thread Part 26

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
From Gary Lyon.

Who says no, petty for tillthorpe?

Goes to show they are worried Petty isn't staying past this contract. Crows front runners apparently. Would be a decent get
That would leave their future key forwards as Fogarty and nobody else of note. And Fogarty is overrated so that’s not a future that’s going to take them anywhere.

From Gary Lyon.

Who says no, petty for tillthorpe?

Goes to show they are worried Petty isn't staying past this contract. Crows front runners apparently. Would be a decent get
There are lots of KPD out there.

There's only one Thilthorpe and he was a #2 draft pick in 2020 and has shown more than most KPFs in that time.

Honestly this is Wines for Fantasia levels. If I was Adelaide I'd be asking for 2 firsts (or at minimum a top 10 pick) with Petty if that was the deal.

I don't know about Wright. If a Port player did that I'd probably argue there was no strong intent and could live with 2-3 weeks. Looks like they're gunning for 4+ though which to me seems harsh but they've kind of dug themselves in to a hole here with precedent.
I actually don't think they can end up on 2-3 weeks.

He's either guilty and its probably 5+, or he's innocent and its 0.

I'm trying to work out what this means.

You mean a forward who can lead, mark and kick goals. So in other words, an anti-Dixon?
Dixon is one of the best contested marks in the comp. Thilthorpe looks to have similar ability while being a more reliable set shot at goal.

I don’t think Matt Crouch is the problem at all. He’s actually playing fantastic football. You don’t get 33 and 37 touches at AFL level and be s**t. He is fantastic at getting the clearance, it is the players paired up with him. The problem is, he is the exact same player as Laird, who is playing average football currently. It’s a pretty simple fix in my eyes:

• Put Laird back on the half back flank, where he was All Australian.
  • Drop Brodie Smith as he is in horrible form and past it and Laird takes his spot.
  • Drop Sam Berry and never pick him again. Who gives a fk if he gets 10 tackles a game, he has zero hurt factor and you can’t play him in the midfield with Crouch.
  • Make Dawson your main #1 midfield attacking option. None of this pathetic tagging, like against Dangerfield on the weekend.
  • Develop some dynamic midfield options with pace and good foot skills, Rachele, Milera, Soligo etc. (they are definitely not there currently, but that’s why you invest time and develop them in that position)
  • Then the main one, tell half of your team to lose their massive ******* egos and start playing team football. Rachele, Rankine, Fogarty, Keays etc.

Anyway that’s way too much time thinking about the Crows. Better yet, do none of the above and continue to be s**t. That’s the best option.

You are joking right? Dixon is shocking at contested marks, he can't outbody anyone not even 1st and 2nd year defenders.
2023: Equal 1st with Curnow - 2.6 CM/game
2022: Equal 6th - 2.1 CM/game (Lynch 1st with 3.3)
2021: 3rd - 2.5 CM/game (Curnow/Naughton 1st with 2.6)
2020: 1st - 2.6 CM/game

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How much opportunity does Dixon get though? What would that be relatively speaking

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk

How much opportunity does Dixon get though? What would that be relatively speaking

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk
You mean compared to Charlie Curnow, Tom Lynch & Aaron Naughton, the other high ranked contested marking players in the league?

I don't have access to the number of targets per game, but my assumption would be they're all in the same ball park as number 1 key forward target for their club over that period.

I don’t think Matt Crouch is the problem at all. He’s actually playing fantastic football. You don’t get 33 and 37 touches at AFL level and be s**t. He is fantastic at getting the clearance, it is the players paired up with him. The problem is, he is the exact same player as Laird, who is playing average football currently. It’s a pretty simple fix in my eyes:

• Put Laird back on the half back flank, where he was All Australian.
  • Drop Brodie Smith as he is in horrible form and past it and Laird takes his spot.
  • Drop Sam Berry and never pick him again. Who gives a fk if he gets 10 tackles a game, he has zero hurt factor and you can’t play him in the midfield with Crouch.
  • Make Dawson your main #1 midfield attacking option. None of this pathetic tagging, like against Dangerfield on the weekend.
  • Develop some dynamic midfield options with pace and good foot skills, Rachele, Milera, Soligo etc. (they are definitely not there currently, but that’s why you invest time and develop them in that position)
  • Then the main one, tell half of your team to lose their massive ******* egos and start playing team football. Rachele, Rankine, Fogarty, Keays etc.

Anyway that’s way too much time thinking about the Crows. Better yet, do none of the above and continue to be s**t. That’s the best option.
Don't look at his rack numbers look at metres gained he's an absolute crab, yes you could have a better mix around him but once a crab sets the tone it's vanilla city. They were better when he was out of favour.

Don't look at his rack numbers look at metres gained he's an absolute crab, yes you could have a better mix around him but once a crab sets the tone it's vanilla city. They were better when he was out of favour.
Nah I have watched more than enough, he is top tier at getting the clearance and reading the taps. You gotta work around that, not just add more crabs with him.

Take the ones out downfield and also how many does he convert into goals.

Dixon has never kicked over 50 goals in a season. Meanwhile Curnow wins a Coleman.

SANFL players have backed the league’s new 21-day concussion protocols after they were ratified by the SA Football Commission on Tuesday.

After weeks of debate, the commission adopted the new AFL guidelines for concussion management at all levels of football below the AFL and AFLW.
This will see a minimum 21-day return to play protocol – rather than the previous 12 – for the 2024 season implemented for the SANFL and SANFLW competitions, as well as all affiliated community football leagues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back