State Focus WA 2024 - Western Australia’s junior footy talent

Remove this Banner Ad

Just on this, rookieme has Gerreyn listed at 199cm. I'm not sure where they got that info from, but it definitely feels like its a more accurate measurement.
Yeah they seem to get info from the source. They are media accredited and so forth, so fair enough and I like what they do.

But I ask for info and get no reply.

Some of the WAFL clubs don't update the heights on their player profiles. They really should if they're keen on seeing a player get drafted.

Who is Gerreyn (and Riddle/Ravenhill) up against in the national ruck stocks and are they rated?

Would like to see him elevated to the league team to see how he goes against the bigger boys.
That would be interesting mate. Imagine a West Perth league forward line with Jasper Scaife, veteran legend Tyler Keitel, Kayle Gerreyn, plus those little vultures Sasha Kernutt, Keegan Knott and Jack DeMarte. Exciting to watch. No wonder WP have won 9 in a row or whatever. Fair play to Scaife....he's a big mid-season chance now. Same with Kane Bevan. Both written off but persisted.

That would be interesting mate. Imagine a West Perth league forward line with Jasper Scaife, veteran legend Tyler Keitel, Kayle Gerreyn, plus those little vultures Sasha Kernutt, Keegan Knott and Jack DeMarte. Exciting to watch. No wonder WP have won 9 in a row or whatever. Fair play to Scaife....he's a big mid-season chance now. Same with Kane Bevan. Both written off but persisted.
Jason19 How is Lachy O'Keefe going in the ressies? Pushing for league selection mate?

Jason19 How is Lachy O'Keefe going in the ressies? Pushing for league selection mate?
Gday Futbolista love your efforts mate. I think both Oscar Dees and Lachy Okeefe have looked good in the first two rounds of ressies footy and compliment each other with Lachy being a left footer. As they are both midfielders the reality is it would be an outside chance to get into the league side midfielders who are Clarke/Foley and Hickmott. Good older group for these younger boys to learn from though which is positive for there development.

Gday Futbolista love your efforts mate. I think both Oscar Dees and Lachy Okeefe have looked good in the first two rounds of ressies footy and compliment each other with Lachy being a left footer. As they are both midfielders the reality is it would be an outside chance to get into the league side midfielders who are Clarke/Foley and Hickmott. Good older group for these younger boys to learn from though which is positive for there development.
Yes, if they stick with it....an opportunity will come. Always does except for poor Corey Bellouard....always rated his pace and effort. Not even a Ressies B&Fin 2023 can get him in the mix. :(

Kegan Nott looks very lively is he a young player?

I wanted to give this video a fair run because it got lost on the previous page

Noobermensch has uploaded WA player in focus video number 2 for season 2024. You can check out allhis videos on his youtube page.

This time it's the national bolter Kayle Gerreyn (WP), who has risen from a draft position of maybe 25 to around 10-15 now.

Can he perform like this in the national championships? That's what people want to see and that's what will put him in the top 10.

Was down at Freo today

C #18 Hugh Boxshall - moves really well through the stoppages. Good linkup by hand and foot, doesn't blow your mind with his ability but just does everything sensible and hits targets. Good defensive pressure
C #3 Hamish Davis - great key/3rd tall forward option who can push up the ground and spread. Hit targets by foot, strong on his feet in the contest. Could have kicked straighter in front of goal
C #22 Clancy Dennis - can't believe he played 3 games as a ruck last year when he's obviously an elite key defender - should be in WA's back six at the champs. Reads the ball well and great in the 1-on-1s, great spoils. Uses his athleticism to evade contact when the ball hits the ground
C #7 Will Hayes - probably too small but elite outside speed and agility. Really fun to watch at this level
C #8 Lucas Ravenhill - floated in and out of the game. Kicked two nice goals and can rotate into the ruck when needed

SF #9 Max Skerritt (25 draft) - did a lot early and I don't think I saw him for the last 2.5 quarters. Hard to get into the game as a forward when the midfield got given a belting

-----

League
C #53 Ashton Bryant (18yo, 23 draft class) - played a really mature game as an undersized inside mid in career game #2. Doesn't really have that elite ball winning ability against bigger mids but played a solid defensively minded game on Haiden Schloithe, kept him to 17 touches
C #33 Zac Mainwaring (23yo) - he's just Jack Ginnivan with more defensive pressure but less clean with ball in hand. I think he could be an AFL player. Lack of foot speed does hurt though. Looks like an absolute pest to play against. Teams need guys who can get under the opposition's skin
C #63 Jack Musika (23yo) - looked solid on debut as a high half forward / pressure forward / rotating mid (don't know if he actually got a CBA though). Has a deceptively long kick for a short player, great tackling pressure

SF #14 Zac Strom (30yo) - he's better than most depth tall forwards on AFL lists

2006 DOB/2024 Draft/WA 18's contenders in colts/PSA Round 3 update

Sadly, due to the high number of long term injuries and illnesses, I've been forced to start a separate small list below the main one. It's even worse in the age group below but I'll hold fire until next year on that.

1-Kayle Gerreyn (WP)
2-Bo Allan (PT/Inj-NA)
3-Luke Urquhart (EF/PSA)

4-Malakai Champion (S)
5-Hamish Davis (CL)
6-Otis Harvey (SD)
7-Deian Roberts (PT)
8-Hugh Boxshall (CL/PSA)
9-Darcy Petersen (PT)
10-Austin Van Der Struyf (CL)
11-Clancy Dennis (CL/PSA)
12-Luke Cotellessa (SD/PSA)
13-Jaxon Artemis (SF/PSA)

14-Jesse Grant (PT)
15-Andre Gulluni (EP)
16-Harrison Creighton (SD)
17-Colby McDonald (SD)
18-Hayden Windsor (S)

19-Will.Hayes (CL)
20-Jaxon Douglas (CL)
21-Cooper Moore (P/Inj-NA)
22-Koopa Walsh (S)
23-Lucas Ravenhill (CL)
24-Robert Warrell (P)
25-Charlie Burke (S)
26-Loch MacTaggart (P/PSA)
27-Cody Angove (CL)
28-Jayden Rigoll (WP)
29-Lukas Jakovich (PT)
30-Luke Bennett (PT)
31-Declan Pauline (EF)
32-Trent Hiscock (WP)
33-Xavier Hickey (S)

34-Jaden Funazzi (PT)
35-Jack Wooden (WP)
36-Ashton Warner (EF/PSA)

37-Anthony Hansen (SD)
38-Tore Nelson (S/PSA)
39-Tyler Rowe (SF)
40-Elijah Huddlestone (SD)
41-Bailey Morgan (EF/PSA)
42-Toby Jones (S/PSA)

43-Zane Triscari (SF)
44-Caylon Seelander (S/PSA)
45-Rhyder James (SF)
46-Orlando Keleman (SF)

47-Kyelan Sanders (PT)
48-Joseph Hopkyns (CL)
49-Joel Brown (PT)
50=Kindrael Hooker (EF)
50=Chazz Foss (P)
50=Riley Longson (EP/PSA)

NA-William Akec (EP/PSA/Inj)
NA-Chayse Martinson (SD/Inj)
NA-Thomas Cathcart (SD/Inj)
NA-Hudson Pivac (SF/Inj)
NA-Ali Al Shuweli (P/Inj)

Others to keep an eye on: Brady Foster (CL/PSA), Finley Henderson (S), Jesse Burden (EF), Kyle Brestovac (SF), Nic Davidson (SF), Jayden Lacquiere (EF), Liam Cooley (P), Judd Ingleton (P/PSA), Jye Sander (EF), Sage Clarke (EF/PSA), Hayden Eades (SF), Leon Kickett (SD), Jesse Hollins (SD), Harry Jones (SD), Nick Campo (SF/PSA), Kade Rafferty (SD), Harry Case (PT), Yeabsera Fasil (S/PSA), Jarrod Donaldson (S), Marcus Burns (WP), Josh Denney (P), Mason Hawkes (SD), Liam Hrarbar (SD), Adam Sandrini (SD), Oliver Diaz (EP)

Overagers to keep an eye on: (Potentially will play colts 2024)
1-Bailey.Banfield (CL)
2-Cuba Garlett (PT)
3-Lucas Naylies-Pereira (EP)

4-Aiden Riddle (CL)
5-Sullivan Moody (CL)
6-Adam De Masi (EP)
7-Jett Sibosado (CL)
8-Mitchell Williams (EP/Inj-NA)
9-Jack Eastaugh (EF)
10-Kieren Douglas (S/Inj-NA)
11-Aidan Harvey (SF)
12-Brodie McLean (P)
13-Liam Clarke (P)

14-Joseph Harp (P)
15-Max Sarre (S/Inj-NA)
16-Jacob De Santis (EP)
17-Jude Axford (PT)
18-Eli Alexander (WP)
19-Nicholas Deleo (PT)
20-Luke Pynes (CL)

Others overagers on the radar: Codey Stanley (EP/Inj-NA), Lucas Kemp (EP/Inj-NA), Ezra Jones (EF)

Votes
+ = over age
** = below age
Votes

Leader Board Games Votes Ave Goals
Kayle Gerreyn (WP) 3 31 10.33 3
Luke Cotellessa (SD) 2 20 10.00 -
Cooper Moore (P) 1 10 10.00 -
Luke Urquhart (EF) 2 19 9.50 4
Adam De Masi+ (EP) 3 26 8.67 1
Charlie Burke (S) 3 22 7.33 1
Jaden Funazzi (PT) 2 14 7.00 2
Jessie Hollins (SD) 2 13 6.50 4
Declan Pauline (EF) 2 13 6.50 2
Fred Rodriguez** (SF) 2 13 6.50 1
Jude Axford+ (PT) 3 19 6.33 1
Hugh Boxshall (CL) 3 18 6.00 1
Jadd Hill** (P) 3 18 6.00 1
Deian Roberts (PT) 3 18 6.00 1
Otis Harvey (SD) 2 12 6.00 1
Jayden Rigoll (WP) 3 17 5.67 1
Will.Hayes (CL) 3 17 5.67 -
Andre Gulluni (EP) 3 17 5.67 -
Taj Longmuir** (SF) 2 11 5.50 -
Bailey.Banfield+ (CL) 3 16 5.33 4
Hamish Davis (CL) 3 15 5.00 7
Finley Henderson (S) 3 15 5.00 6
Brodie McLean+ (P) 3 15 5.00 -
Colby McDonald (SD) 2 10 5.00 6
Kindrael Hooker (EF) 2 10 5.00 4
Marcus Cassidy** (EP) 2 10 5.00 4
Harrison Creighton (SD) 2 10 5.00 3
Koopa Walsh (S) 1 5 5.00 1
Liam Hrarbar (SD) 1 5 5.00 -
Jye Sander (EF) 2 9 4.50 -
Robert Warrell (P) 3 13 4.33 10
Jaxon Douglas (CL) 3 13 4.33 -
Luke Hallett** (EP) 3 12 4.00 3
Darcy Petersen (PT) 3 12 4.00 -
Frazer Rickson** (S) 3 11 3.67 -
Ashton Warner (EF) 2 7 3.50 1
Tyler Rowe (SF) 2 7 3.50 -
Nathan Cameron (P) 3 10 3.33 2
Jack Wooden (WP) 3 10 3.33 -

Leading Goal Scorers M G
Robert Warrell (P) 3 10
Hamish Davis (CL) 3 7
Colby McDonald (SD) 2 6
Judd Ingleton (P) 3 6
Lukas Jakovich (PT) 3 6
Judd Marcello** (WP) 3 6
Finley Henderson (S) 3 6
Joshua Nomlatyu** (EF) 2 4
Marcus Cassidy** (EP) 2 4
Jesse Hollins (SD) 2 4
Mitch Williams+ (EP) 2 4
Kindrael Hooker (EF) 2 4
Luke Pynes+ (CL) 2 4
Luke Urquhart (EF) 2 4
Adam Sandrini (SD) 2 4
Lucas Ravenhill (CL) 3 4
Kayde Sherwood (WP) 3 4
Charlie Banfield** (CL) 3 4
Bailey.Banfield+ (CL) 3 4

Last edited:
2006 DOB/2024 Draft/WA 18's contenders in colts/PSA Round 3 update

Sadly, due to the high number of long term injuries and illnesses, I've been forced to start a separate small list below the main one. It's even worse in the age group below but I'll hold fire until next year.

1-Kayle Gerreyn (WP)
2-Bo Allan (PT/Inj-NA)
3-Luke Urquhart (EF/PSA)

4-Malakai Champion (S/Inj-NA)
5-Hamish Davis (CL)
6-Otis Harvey (SD)
7-Deian Roberts (PT)
8-Hugh Boxshall (CL/PSA)
9-Austin Van Der Struyf (CL)

10-Darcy Petersen (PT)
11-Clancy Dennis (CL/PSA)
12-Luke Cotellessa (SD/PSA)
13-Jesse Grant (PT)

14-Andre Gulluni (EP)
15-Harrison Creighton (SD)
16-Jaxon Artemis (SF/PSA)
17-Cooper Moore (P/Inj-NA)

18-Colby McDonald (SD)
19-Jaxon Douglas (CL)
20-Lucas Ravenhill (CL)
21-Koopa Walsh (S)
22-Will.Hayes (CL)
23-Robert Warrell (P)
24-Cody Angove (CL)
25-Hayden Windsor (S)
26-Jayden Rigoll (WP)
27-Lukas Jakovich (PT)
28-Charlie Burke (S)
29-Luke Bennett (PT)

30-Declan Pauline (EF)
31-Trent Hiscock (WP)
32-Xavier Hickey (S)

33-Loch MacTaggart (P)
34-Jaden Funazzi (PT)
35-Jack Wooden (WP)
36-Tore Nelson (S/PSA)

37-Tyler Rowe (SF)
38-Ashton Warner (EF/PSA)
39-Elijah Huddlestone (SD)
40-Bailey Morgan (EF/PSA)
41-Toby Jones (S)

42-Zane Triscari (SF)
43-Caylon Seelander (S/PSA/Inj-NA)
44-Rhyder James (SF)
45-Orlando Keleman (SF)

46-Kyelan Sanders (PT)
47-Joseph Hopkyns (CL)
48-Joel Brown (PT)
49-Kindrael Hooker (EF)
50=Chazz Foss (P)
50=Riley Longson (EP/PSA)

NA-William Akec (EP/PSA/Inj)
NA-Chayse Martinson (SD/Inj)
NA-Thomas Cathcart (SD/Inj)
NA-Hudson Pivac (SF/Inj)
NA-Ali Al Shuweli (P/Inj)
NA-Anthony Hansen (SD/Inj)

Others to keep an eye on: Finley Henderson (S), Jesse Burden (EF), Kyle Brestovac (SF), Nic Davidson (SF), Jayden Lacquiere (EF), Liam Cooley (P), Judd Ingleton (P/PSA), Jye Sander (EF), Sage Clarke (EF/PSA), Hayden Eades (SF), Leon Kickett (SD), Jesse Hollins (SD), Harry Jones (SD), Nick Campo (SF/PSA), Kade Rafferty (SD), Harry Case (PT), Yeabsera Fasil (S/PSA), Jarrod Donaldson (S), Marcus Burns (WP), Josh Denney (P), Mason Hawkes (SD), Liam Hrarbar (SD), Adam Sandrini (SD), Oliver Diaz (EP)

Overagers to keep an eye on: (Potentially will play colts 2024)
1-Bailey.Banfield (CL)
2-Cuba Garlett (PT)
3-Lucas Naylies-Pereira (EP)

4-Aiden Riddle (CL)
5-Sullivan Moody (CL)
6-Adam De Masi (EP)
7-Jett Sibosado (CL)
8-Mitchell Williams (EP/Inj-NA)
9-Jack Eastaugh (EF)
10-Kieren Douglas (S/Inj-NA)
11-Aidan Harvey (SF)
12-Brodie McLean (P)
13-Liam Clarke (P)

14-Joseph Harp (P)
15-Max Sarre (S/Inj-NA)
16-Jacob De Santis (EP)
17-Jude Axford (PT)
18-Eli Alexander (WP)
19-Nicholas Deleo (PT)
20-Luke Pynes (CL)

Others overagers on the radar: Codey Stanley (EP/Inj-NA), Lucas Kemp (EP/Inj-NA), Ezra Jones (EF)

Votes
+ = over age
** = below age
Votes

Leader Board Games Votes Ave Goals
Kayle Gerreyn (WP) 3 31 10.33 3
Luke Cotellessa (SD) 2 20 10.00 -
Cooper Moore (P) 1 10 10.00 -
Luke Urquhart (EF) 2 19 9.50 4
Adam De Masi+ (EP) 3 26 8.67 1
Charlie Burke (S) 3 22 7.33 1
Jaden Funazzi (PT) 2 14 7.00 2
Jessie Hollins (SD) 2 13 6.50 4
Declan Pauline (EF) 2 13 6.50 2
Fred Rodriguez** (SF) 2 13 6.50 1
Jude Axford+ (PT) 3 19 6.33 1
Hugh Boxshall (CL) 3 18 6.00 1
Jadd Hill** (P) 3 18 6.00 1
Deian Roberts (PT) 3 18 6.00 1
Otis Harvey (SD) 2 12 6.00 1
Jayden Rigoll (WP) 3 17 5.67 1
Will.Hayes (CL) 3 17 5.67 -
Andre Gulluni (EP) 3 17 5.67 -
Taj Longmuir** (SF) 2 11 5.50 -
Bailey.Banfield+ (CL) 3 16 5.33 4
Hamish Davis (CL) 3 15 5.00 7
Finley Henderson (S) 3 15 5.00 6
Brodie McLean+ (P) 3 15 5.00 -
Colby McDonald (SD) 2 10 5.00 6
Kindrael Hooker (EF) 2 10 5.00 4
Marcus Cassidy** (EP) 2 10 5.00 4
Harrison Creighton (SD) 2 10 5.00 3
Koopa Walsh (S) 1 5 5.00 1
Liam Hrarbar (SD) 1 5 5.00 -
Jye Sander (EF) 2 9 4.50 -
Robert Warrell (P) 3 13 4.33 10
Jaxon Douglas (CL) 3 13 4.33 -
Luke Hallett** (EP) 3 12 4.00 3
Darcy Petersen (PT) 3 12 4.00 -
Frazer Rickson** (S) 3 11 3.67 -
Ashton Warner (EF) 2 7 3.50 1
Tyler Rowe (SF) 2 7 3.50 -
Nathan Cameron (P) 3 10 3.33 2
Jack Wooden (WP) 3 10 3.33 -

Leading Goal Scorers M G
Robert Warrell (P) 3 10
Hamish Davis (CL) 3 7
Colby McDonald (SD) 2 6
Judd Ingleton (P) 3 6
Lukas Jakovich (PT) 3 6
Judd Marcello** (WP) 3 6
Finley Henderson (S) 3 6
Joshua Nomlatyu** (EF) 2 4
Marcus Cassidy** (EP) 2 4
Jesse Hollins (SD) 2 4
Mitch Williams+ (EP) 2 4
Kindrael Hooker (EF) 2 4
Luke Pynes+ (CL) 2 4
Luke Urquhart (EF) 2 4
Adam Sandrini (SD) 2 4
Lucas Ravenhill (CL) 3 4
Kayde Sherwood (WP) 3 4
Charlie Banfield** (CL) 3 4
Bailey.Banfield+ (CL) 3 4
Wow - Ashton Warner is a long way down that list.

A bit surprising.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure how Regan Mott isn't the state team. Playing for Subi, I watched him on the weekend against West Perth and got a fair bit of it. Lovely kick, explosive power and has a tank. Clearly got robbed of a few touches on the stats sheet, but he should seriously be getting considered for state level as an overager. Comes from the country, it's his first season in Perth full time so should only improve. I see glimpses of what Harley Reid is doing in this kid with his explosive power and strength. Hopefully the state coaches can pull their heads in and give this bloke a shot, otherwise I will be extremely disappointed.

Not sure how Regan Mott isn't the state team. Playing for Subi, I watched him on the weekend against West Perth and got a fair bit of it. Lovely kick, explosive power and has a tank. Clearly got robbed of a few touches on the stats sheet, but he should seriously be getting considered for state level as an overager. Comes from the country, it's his first season in Perth full time so should only improve. I see glimpses of what Harley Reid is doing in this kid with his explosive power and strength. Hopefully the state coaches can pull their heads in and give this bloke a shot, otherwise I will be extremely disappointed.
I defer to briztoon for this reply.

Just seen a post, Claremont has 12 in the squad!

Wow, that is totally out of the box......I know that they'll add players but that is extreme

Wow, that is totally out of the box......I know that they'll add players but that is extreme
So Let's examine this closely - 8 below agers - some completely out of nowhere.

Draft agers who missed out

6-Otis Harvey (SD)
12-Luke Cotellessa (SD)
13-Jesse Grant (PT)
14-Andre Gulluni (EP)
17-Cooper Moore (P)
20-Lucas Ravenhill (CL)
21-Koopa Walsh (S)
23-Robert Warrell (P)
26-Jayden Rigoll (WP)
27-Lukas Jakovich (PT)
29-Luke Bennett (PT)
30-Declan Pauline (EF)

Ok, immense injuries aside.....what changed in 3 weeks.....nah man.....not adding up.....additions need to be made.....this is weird....but it's time to hear from other observers....maybe they can see what I can't

Last edited:
So Let's examine this closely - 8 below agers some completely out of nowhere.

6-Otis Harvey (SD)
12-Luke Cotellessa (SD)
13-Jesse Grant (PT)
14-Andre Gulluni (EP)
17-Cooper Moore (P)
20-Lucas Ravenhill (CL)
21-Koopa Walsh (S)
23-Robert Warrell (P)
26-Jayden Rigoll (WP)
27-Lukas Jakovich (PT)
29-Luke Bennett (PT)
30-Declan Pauline (EF)

Ok, immense injuries aside.....what changed in 3 weeks.....nah man.....not adding up.....additions need to be made.....this is weird....but it's time to hear from other observers....maybe they can see what I can't
Congrats to those players that made it. Otis Harvey needs to be in that squad from my observations last year and this year unless i am unaware he is injured.

So Let's examine this closely - 8 below agers some completely out of nowhere.

6-Otis Harvey (SD)
12-Luke Cotellessa (SD)
13-Jesse Grant (PT)
14-Andre Gulluni (EP)
17-Cooper Moore (P)
20-Lucas Ravenhill (CL)
21-Koopa Walsh (S)
23-Robert Warrell (P)
26-Jayden Rigoll (WP)
27-Lukas Jakovich (PT)
29-Luke Bennett (PT)
30-Declan Pauline (EF)

Toby Whan is a big one for me!!! Bottom ager but was in amazing form before he got injured.

So Let's examine this closely - 8 below agers - some completely out of nowhere.

6-Otis Harvey (SD)
12-Luke Cotellessa (SD)
13-Jesse Grant (PT)
14-Andre Gulluni (EP)
17-Cooper Moore (P)
20-Lucas Ravenhill (CL)
21-Koopa Walsh (S)
23-Robert Warrell (P)
26-Jayden Rigoll (WP)
27-Lukas Jakovich (PT)
29-Luke Bennett (PT)
30-Declan Pauline (EF)

Basil Hart an interesting omission, 16’s state MVP and has made an instant impact since returning from injury for peel.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back