2. Carlton
3. Melbourne

Main:
4. Bulldogs
5. Melbourne
6. Geelong
7. Richmond

8. KANGAROOS

Mathematically Carlton could win their next 2 and Melbourne could win 1 more which would see us move up to pick 6, but I don't see it happening. Of course if Saints/Hawks lose the next 2 (unlikely) and we win 1 then we can drop back to pick 10 - the value of doing this is debatable.

So 8 looks the most likely. It'll be interesting to see who and what the pick will bring in a draft not rated that highly.

K.C

question? Why do melb get a Priority? is it 5 wins and over or under 5?

Originally posted by Melly017
K.C

question? Why do melb get a Priority? is it 5 wins and over or under 5?

It's actually less than 25% of games which comes out to less than 5 and a half wins. So 5 wins will get you a priority pick but 5 wins and a draw won't.

ta, Groucho.

We can only hope now Carlton beat Hawthorn and we don't show up in the last game to make Carlton miss out on a pick.;)

Melb would have to lose both games to ensure 3 and 5 rather than just getting 4???

Originally posted by tashibatts
So, who are we going to hope to pick up with pick 8?

Go Roos

I hope it will be Bill Gayfer .

Plays with the Murray Bushrangers but has been injured.

192 cm 87 kg A key position backman. born 12/7/85.

Originally posted by Avenger

Where is he better positioned, FB or CHB?

Chances of him growing another cm or 2?

Go Roos

According to some mock drafts on the main board the following players have been mentioned as possible number 8 selections. Not specifically for North of course just some peoples ideas:

Jake Furfaro, 04/02/85, 185cm, 87kg, Mt Gravatt
Furfaro opened the championships with two very good games, but then he followed that up with a fantastic performance in Queensland’s final match. And although the Scorpions lost that match, he was clearly their stand out player. Furfaro’s work in defence and his ability to read the play were features of his game, while he shows great courage and footy smarts. He capped off a terrific week by winning the Harrison Medal for the best and fairest player in division two.

Ryley Dunn, 07/10/85, 182cm, 80kg, Shepparton/Murray
Dunn loves body contact and is a fierce, tough competitor. He is quick and versatile and can play down in defence, in the midfield or even up forward as a marking target. He even played on Daniel Wells in last year’s championships, as a run-with player. Still yet to turn 18, Dunn is an outstanding prospect, who achieved back-to-back All-Australian status.

Colin Sylvia, 08/11/85, 183cm, 82kg, Merbein/Bendigo
A very good player in Vic Country’s first game, Sylvia copped a knock on the thigh in the second match and again showed some of his terrific attributes against South Australia in the final game. He is super competitive, strong in the contest, strong over head and capable of playing in a range of positions and is an exciting prospect.

Kane Tenace, 04/07/85, 181cm, 80kg, Shepparton/Murray
Blessed with brilliant speed and great endurance, Tenace has a wonderful work ethic and is a great user of the ball, who is able to hits targets. He was quite inspirational with some of his efforts through the midfield late in the final game against South Australia, when the game had to be won.

As you can see no key position players there. Gayfer's been mentioned along with a kid called Billy Morrison from Tassie who is meant to be good but is recovering from a shoulder reco.

Originally posted by tashibatts
Chaplin would be good if he is still around. (193 & 92 or something?)

Otherwise, I like the sound of Tenace..

Go Roos

Why? Because he sounds like he could play.....................................................TENNIS.

Originally posted by Groucho
Kane Tenace........is a great user of the ball
i think we have a winner, we need nothing more than a midfielder with footskills, is also quick, has a mature body and could be ready to go. however if one of the big 3; cooney, chaplin or bradley are still miraculously available come our pick, then you have gotta take one of them. otherwise tenace for me!!

Why? Because he sounds like he could play.....................................................TENNIS.

lol.

He seems to have skills (football skills..) Skills are good, we need skills.

Bill Gayfer.. CHB?

Go Roos

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Originally posted by year of the roo
i think we have a winner, we need nothing more than a midfielder with footskills, is also quick, has a mature body and could be ready to go. however if one of the big 3; cooney, chaplin or bradley are still miraculously available come our pick, then you have gotta take one of them. otherwise tenace for me!!

i think tenace is touted being a top 3 pick , would be very happy if still around come pick 8 .

Originally posted by theox
i think tenace is touted being a top 3 pick , would be very happy if still around come pick 8 .
im going to set my sights high, but there is a real chance that we may be in a position to pick him up. the first 5-6 picks are likely to be made up of potential KPP like chaplin, bradley, watts and co. as well as cooney at number 1.
so it basically comes down to whether tenace is considered to be one of the best midfielders in the draft or not, to whether he comes to north.

Originally posted by Dingster
Why even debate this. We know that Tashi gets the final say.;)

Well Crowey hasn't debuted yet, so I think your wrong:p;)

(And if I had of had it my way last year, we would have got Grima earlier, save my heart from half dying.. instead I had to hope that we would pick him up.. and then wait again while hte other clubs went through their picks till finally we picked him up)

Go Roos

KPP that are likely to be considered for top 10 include Watts, Caplain, Bradley, and Gayfer. There is also Clarke, Moody and Morrison who apparently play reasonably tall and are very good.

Originally posted by BigCat1
KPP that are likely to be considered for top 10 include Watts, Caplain, Bradley, and Gayfer. There is also Clarke, Moody and Morrison who apparently play reasonably tall and are very good.

Where do you think Watts, Chaplin, Bradley and Gayfer will go, respectively? And how do you rate Gayfer as a Key Defender (where do you rate him better, FB or CHB?)

Go Roos

It's actually Will Gayfer (His father is known as Bill & was an Ovens & Murray legend for Rutherglen).

Will is one of about 8 brothers - the oldest being Mick who played about 150 games for Collingwood including 1990 premiership & is currently still their runner. Mick tried his luck with us at North as an onballer but was given the flick & ended up changing his game to a tagger & made a successful career of it.

Will had starred for Bushrangers until missing 8 weeks with knee injury - plays well at either end KPP. Another to watch from the Bushrangers is Shaun Daley - captained NSW-ACT in U18 championships & made All Australian side.

Both these kids played for Corowa-Rutherglen seniors in the O&M two w/ends ago (TAC cup bye) . C-R were 5th on ladder & played Wodonga Raiders who were top (3 games clear of 2nd place), but C-R pumped them by 128 points & each of the kids kicked 2 goals & got in the best players. This was Gayfer's first game back after 8 weeks off so he obviously can play.

It's be good to see a few more O&M roos make "the big time". Recent draftees (of varying levels of success) to have played with Cor-Ruth include our own David Teague, the four Houlihan brothers (Damian, Adam, Ryan & Josh), Ben Mathews (Swans), & Aaron Henneman (Essendon)

Originally posted by year of the roo

Disagree.

Harris, Watson, Smith and Grima would all be in front of him. We really need a key forward.

Originally posted by Shinboners
Petrie, Hale, and McIntosh.

That should be enough to keep us going for the next ten years.

What we need is the next Archer.

Callum Urch could be the right bloke for the job.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back