AFL Player # 1: Andrew "Pidge" McGrath (Vice-Captain)

Remove this Banner Ad

Shits me now how people say we screwed up and McCluggage is better.
Lol as long as he plays for essendon the BF population wont rate him. If he was at GC or GWS he would probably be rated as the best of the 3. To be honest I think Taranto to date is the pick of the bunch but there isn't much between McCluggage and McGrath at all.

Seriously wicked player...

My favorite thing about Andy is his lightning football brain and being able to quantify his options in a micro second, backed by he has the skill and balance to pull it off.

If you isolate and just watch him as an observation experiment, you start to see just how complete his game is before, during and after any play he gets involved in... Freak!

Me when he outmarked Cunnington:

giphy.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

To be fair, McCluggage is really good. In fact that entire top three was excellent.
He is. But now that Andy is hitting the scoreboard as a goal kicking mid he is matching and, imo, beating what Mccluggage can do. As a goal kicking mid McGrath is all of a sudden stupidly valuable

Initially I was in the McCluggage for first pick camp and last week watched McCluggage and could see why he was rated so highly but overall didn't see much difference between the two, except McGrath looks the dangerous around the clearance with his line breaking speed but ultimately both Essendon and Brisbane have got themselves good young mids to build a side around.

What seperates McGrath isn't just the fact that he can slot goals; it's the fact he can play in any role and that he's a natural leader - exactly who we need at this club.

He also has an incredible hair to chin ratio working for him at present - I'd pick him on that alone!
Giggidy

What seperates McGrath isn't just the fact that he can slot goals; it's the fact he can play in any role and that he's a natural leader - exactly who we need at this club.

He also has an incredible hair to chin ratio working for him at present - I'd pick him on that alone!

He’s also one of the very rare 20 year old smalls to have definitively clocked the back pocket as something he can do in a pinch but also has also moved onto bigger and better things already

Initially I was in the McCluggage for first pick camp and last week watched McCluggage and could see why he was rated so highly but overall didn't see much difference between the two, except McGrath looks the dangerous around the clearance with his line breaking speed but ultimately both Essendon and Brisbane have got themselves good young mids to build a side around.
Couldn't really go wrong with any of those top 3.
GCS nearly had a perfect sweep - Scrimshaw didn't quite work out for them
Could have been worse though. Logue @ 8 :S

Remove this Banner Ad

Back