Player Watch #1: Hugh Greenwood

Remove this Banner Ad

I would pay good money to watch a 100m race between him, CCJ, Goldy, Cunners and Jack.

Flawed Genius you said slower than a wet week, he is actually much slower than a wet week, maybe we can go with Monsoonal month.

But I liked his 1st half, he was fine, exactly what we need without Jed and Cunners.

Harsh imo. His first half was very good. A few times his size and maturity was really important in the middle in terms of his ability to draw players in the contest while getting a handball out to get LDU and Jy away.

I wanna see more of his tackle numbers. High teens, low 20s, but 5+ tackles per game was his bread and butter. He was better than average but not matching what he's capable of doing.

Hugh Greenwood is crucial to a young North outfit

Come season's end, don’t be surprised if Hugh Greenwood is in the conversation for the player who had the biggest impact at his new club in 2022. After a sound debut for the Roos in round one, where he tallied 19 disposals, four clearances and three inside 50s, the former Crow and Sun was brilliant in North's round two win against the Eagles. Greenwood racked up 29 touches (16 contested), laid 10 tackles in 102 of a possible 118 minutes. He also won nine clearances and had four inside 50s. When North’s young guns Luke Davies Uniacke and Tarryn Thomas went off injured, the 85-game veteran stood up and his experience was on show for all to see. - Trent Masenhelder

Nine things we learned: Young Hawk is living up to the legends - Nine things we learned: Young Hawk is living up to the legends

Thank christ we picked him up.

Imagine our midfield without Cunnington, Jed, Phillips, and then LDU and TT going down :/

We'd be forced to play with Powell, JHF and Jy in the coalface. Players like Ben Keays would be laughing their way to 40+ possessions.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Superb game by this bloke
Has his limitations but in a midfield up against Shuey and Kelly he kept em honest
9 clearances 10 tackles

played 4 Qtrs 100%
Unfashionable, but exactly what we need at the moment.

As those around him get better he will also look better.

At the moment he is doing a lot of the heavy lifting and having to hack it forward. Once the kids around him improve, he will be feeding it out and starting the chain in cleaner clearance work.

For the cost of a Contract and a list spot very smart business by the List Management Team and Noble.

He's the perfect foil for our young midfield. Reminds me of a relentless zombie as he hunts down the opposition. With that massive wingspan very few can escape his clutches. And when he gets tackled he's so big he can generally get a releasing handball away.

Provides a good anchor at the moment.

Unsure if he can play alongside Cunners if and when be returns.
Who knows when that will be but from what we've seen of him forward of the ball he could rotate quite dangerously with quite a few. Always a spot for a player like him, might be slow but he does have decent disposal.

He'll kick some mad goals in congestion this season. He caught my eye at his previous clubs with how ridiculously quickly he always got boot to ball when he won it at a f50 stoppage. The basketball background (cue BT) has been a great asset for him. He couldn't run a bath, but his skills in tight will be vital till, and maybe even after, we get the rest of the midfield back

Remove this Banner Ad

Back