Autopsy 1 point Heart stopper against Adelaide.

Remove this Banner Ad

2 weeks is excessive but it was reckless from tmac , especially this time of year
There was no intent. McCartin took his duty of care, lowering his body to get down shoulder to shoulder, before McAdam drops down to pick up the ball. In the circumstances it was hard to avoid the contact. McCartin didn't change his line, he didn't jump into the bump, and both appeared to be going the bump before McAdam dropped his head.

It was hardly careless play. If it had been high impact to McAdam's head he'd have stayed down, or left the ground for concussion protocol. You don't get hit hard in the head by Tom McCartin and walk away with a slapped cheek.

Clearly the two week suspension is an over-reaction to the poor umpiring generally, a sacrifice to appease the rabid Melbourne media. The AFL f*&ks up so they punish McCartin. Just like they punished us when it was the Bravedogs turn to be handed a premiership or when their Buddy to GWS masterplan was spoiled. We should appeal.

I hope this spurs us into a Swans v. AFL World attitude. Go full berserker. Bash, smash and grab the cash. I want to see Horse and the boys hold up the Premiership Cup and yell "F_&*k all you losers" before mooning the assembled throng of Melbourne media, opposition fans and the socialite parasites who feed on the game. I want an anti-social GF win for the ages.

Can anyone tell me why the Adelaide board does no5 have an ‘autopsy’ or ‘non-Adelaide’ forum?

I wanted to point out the three blatant frees that weren’t paid to us in the last qtr…and the Florent ‘non-mark’.

Also wanted to discuss the AFL employing vision-impaired spectacle wearing Goalies……

Last edited:
There was no intent. McCartin took his duty of care, lowering his body to get down shoulder to shoulder, before McAdam drops down to pick up the ball. In the circumstances it was hard to avoid the contact. McCartin didn't change his line, he didn't jump into the bump, and both appeared to be going the bump before McAdam dropped his head.

It was hardly careless play. If it had been high impact to McAdam's head he'd have stayed down, or left the ground for concussion protocol. You don't get hit hard in the head by Tom McCartin and walk away with a slapped cheek.

Clearly the two week suspension is an over-reaction to the poor umpiring generally, a sacrifice to appease the rabid Melbourne media. The AFL f*&ks up so they punish McCartin. Just like they punished us when it was the Bravedogs turn to be handed a premiership or when their Buddy to GWS masterplan was spoiled. We should appeal.

I hope this spurs us into a Swans v. AFL World attitude. Go full berserker. Bash, smash and grab the cash. I want to see Horse and the boys hold up the Premiership Cup and yell "F_&*k all you losers" before mooning the assembled throng of Melbourne media, opposition fans and the socialite parasites who feed on the game. I want an anti-social GF win for the ages.
Sorry..but your read of this is slightly wrong - McCartin does not drop.

I agree there was no intent - but the scenario unfolded differently.

McCartin braced for contact because he thought McAdam was going to physically contest posession. McAdam lowered his body at the last second -

It was a stupid thing to do to draw the free - but of course looks like a McCartin charge if you don’t watch McAdam’s ‘drop’….and the fact that McAdam ran into Tom.

I’ve watched this three times - Tom is stationary at the point of contact…..and McAdam drops.

Last edited:

If you’re referring to the Campbell incident against Essendon, you were 100% right. The zoomed in footage you posted left no room for doubt. Everyone else allowed their bias to get the better of them, but you convinced me they were wrong and I stand by that.
Think that was me actually.

Which only prompts me to ask, everyone on here saying “yes, actually, that WAS a goal last night, we were lucky” - perhaps they could share the footage that has convinced them, because I’ve yet to see anything definitive. Goal umpire was in a perfect position.

Why??? Because on review it was clearly the wrong decision and almost certainly cost Adelaide the game and more than likely a finals spot too.
Terrible isn't it.
Too bad so sad.
We've copped it in a Grand Final. Blatant cheating by a whole state to gift the Dogs. We had to suck that one up after the AFL said the umps made numerous mistakes against us.
A few shockers last night too.
Too many show ponies on the Crows team.
Started celebrating when the kick out continued. That's what cost them as well. Busy show boating to the crowd while we played to the wistle.

It was their home game. Should have left nothing to chance & bad decisions & come out firing instead of finding themselves 44 points down at home.

Same thing here.

Home crowd got them this one.

Our turn last night.

This suspension is a joke. It shouldn’t have even been a free.

McCartin correctly followed the bounce of the ball while keeping his body low - perfect technique.

The Adelaide player kept running straight and hit McCartin, head first, seeking to drew the free.

By the time the Adelaide player hit McCartin, McCartin already had his back turned to him and was facing the ball. I took screen shots and here is the link if you correctly don’t automatically trust a freeze frame - Link

At the very worst, it is a football incident. If the Adelaide player wasn’t planning on staging and actually hit McCartin with some force, it should have been a free to McCartin for a hit in the back. It’s not McCartin fault that he is not soft as heck like the Adelaide player.

We should appeal. The AFL is a farce.

Attachments

• IMG_2395.png
    IMG_2395.png
    217.7 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_2394.png
    IMG_2394.png
    230.5 KB · Views: 36
The Crows board seems quite upset about this. Honestly I can sympathise with them to an extent, as we've been on the wrong end of umpiring decisions in the past, but they did get the hometown umpiring in the second half which helped get them back into the game, and we did outplay them for more of the game (at least IMHO), but you've got posters on there demanding compensation from the AFL because their side won't feature in the finals... I mean, we are talking about a team that is currently in 13th place. They've improved a lot in the last couple of seasons since the pandemic when they were one of the worst sides in the AFL, and I get the disappointment, but having sat through the 2016 grand final, I know how tempting it can be to look for external factors to blame (having gone down that road myself in the past), but in my experience it's far more productive to focus on what can be done to improve as a team.
Correct me if I’m wrong but aren’t they a club put together by a bunch of lawyers? Par for the course if so.

Can anyone tell me why the Adelaide board does no5 have an ‘autopsy’ or ‘non-Adelaide’ forum?

I wanted to point out the three blatant frees that weren’t paid to us in the last qtr…and the Florent ‘non-mark’.

Also wanted to discuss the AGL employing vision-impaired spectacle wearing Goalies……
The mad cannot be reasoned with - back away I urge thee else ye become entangled in their insanity.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We're not getting past Week 1 of the finals on that effort, as good as our first three quarters were, we have the same weakness that saw us nearly lose the PF last year from a similar position, we just couldn't get our hands on the ball when it mattered.
Mentally weak

What is interesting with the No goal saga, is I did not realise there were so many AFL commentators and supporters who can predict the future with 100 percent accuracy…no one really appears to consider there was 1 minute or so left on the clock…plenty of time for a score in todays game.
And let’s face it, that last quarter we were just peppering the goals and sooner or later the dam was going to burst right open… er, hang on.

Well surprisingly i should say not surprinsgly this has turned into AFL fixing the result to get Sydney into the finals because of the Matildas.

How ******* stupid are some people?

Good , fix us to a flag then.

All this AFL loves Sydney , why don't we have cups galore

Can you just imagine the meltdown if we did win the whole thing from this position? it wont happen but god the melts will make the Franklin recruit look like nothing.

if we win week 1 they will melt

Remove this Banner Ad

Back