Autopsy 1 point Heart stopper against Adelaide.

Remove this Banner Ad

Will say the same thing I said when we lost to Port by a gust of wind: if you are relying on the last kick of the game to win, you probably didn't deserve to win

We got over it. Adelaide will get over it. Thank * people only have week long memories in football so we can talk about something else soon

Its tin foil hat or one-eyedness to the point of blindness to say otherwise.

Personally I find it humourous that a goal can cause such mayhem but non calls or calls ten metres out which have equally obvious consequences are not triggering. The regularity with which umpiring decisions have bearings on matches is exhausting and I dont like to focus on umpires but its a nonsense to say they dont have major bearings on games
My thoughts exactly. No one seems to be upset about the other bad calls that lead to scoring shots, such as Florent's non mark. Mistakes happen and cost goals all the time, why is this different to any other bad call?

one-eyedness to the point of blindness to say otherwise.
Just the other week I posted pretty damning footage that Campbell's hit against the Giants was there, so I'm not being one-eyed at all.

I'm pretty clear on what I'm seeing.

In all footage I've seen, either the goal post is blocking our view, the image is too blurry, or the ball goes out of frame at the crucial moment. Not once can we see with any clarity the moment the ball passes the post, with or without any daylight showing. There are plenty of still images suggesting the ball is well clear of the post, but being a still image, we have no idea if the ball was still several metres away. Textbook example of the parallax principle.

Happy to be convinced otherwise. What are you seeing?

Will say the same thing I said when we lost to Port by a gust of wind: if you are relying on the last kick of the game to win, you probably didn't deserve to win

We got over it. Adelaide will get over it. Thank * people only have week long memories in football so we can talk about something else soon
I somehow doubt Crows fans will get over it. Which doesn't matter really, unless you live in SA. Wouldn't surprise me if HQ has already pencilled us in against the Crows again next year.

I somehow doubt Crows fans will get over it. Which doesn't matter really, unless you live in SA. Wouldn't surprise me if HQ has already pencilled us in against the Crows again next year.

They will have a point to prove.

ok, grabbing coat and hat

….as well, read somewhere today how the decision robbed us of a grandstand finish to R23……surely sides like the bulldogs and cats losing had a bigger impact.

I’m not into arguing white is black - The footage I have seen on Foxtel clearly shows daylight btwn the ball and the post.

The goalie is not in a great position, the post being btwn the ball and himself.

Why he would call it on noise alone, and not review it is truly staggering - but symbolic of the amateur hour that is AFL umpiring.

As an aside, do you think said goal umpire has grounds for unfair dismissal?
Hasn't been sacked. There might well be grounds for missing games due to mistakes. Probably didn't need to get publicly thrown under the bus the next morning though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

At no point does the ball get closer to the post than this. You can even see the shadow of the ball on the post.

Do I care? Not a jot.

What I do care about is the umpiring panel and the AFL somehow taking this out on the Swans….again.

DB675A45-82DD-4B25-B196-E6098B215450.jpeg

Am I on something again or did Jack Lukosius really elbow a bloke in the face off the ball in front of an umpire who then paid a 100m penalty, but then not get suspended for it?

I’m not into arguing white is black - The footage I have seen on Foxtel clearly shows daylight btwn the ball and the post.

The goalie is not in a great position, the post being btwn the ball and himself.

Why he would call it on noise alone, and not review it is truly staggering - but symbolic of the amateur hour that is AFL umpiring.
OK, good to hear. I don't have Foxtel so can't give an opinion on that footage.

(Ch 7 is running with the fan footage where the ball goes out of the frame at the crucial moment. Yet says it "confirmed beyond all doubt" LOL.)

Not sure what angle you're seeing the goal umpire from. To me, if there is a problem (and it's only slight), it is that the ball is slightly between his view of the post, not the other way around.

OK, good to hear. I don't have Foxtel so can't give an opinion on that footage.

(Ch 7 is running with the fan footage where the ball goes out of the frame at the crucial moment. Yet says it "confirmed beyond all doubt" LOL.)

Not sure what angle you're seeing the goal umpire from. To me, if there is a problem (and it's only slight), it is that the ball is slightly between his view of the post, not the other way around.

Foxtels footage can be seen here - its about the 4th clip in at the start. - pretty conclusive.

Foxtels footage can be seen here - its about the 4th clip in at the start. - pretty conclusive.

Thanks.

I agree it looks pretty much like a goal, but it's still footage from in front of the goal post.

To be 100% conclusive we'd need an angle from behind the goalpost so we can see whether or not daylight disappears at any point in the ball's journey down by the post.

There have been two bits of fan footage I've seen from precisely that angle - one where the ball almost entirely disappears out of frame, so that's useless, and one which could well show the ball hitting the post, but is too blurred to be definitive.

Which is why I keep coming back to the crucial fact that the umpire was in a bloody good position - and easily the best position compared to any of the camera angles we've seen - and his decision stands. I think the AFL have thrown him under a bus. Why? Dunno.

Thanks.

I agree it looks pretty much like a goal, but it's still footage from in front of the goal post.

To be 100% conclusive we'd need an angle from behind the goalpost so we can see whether or not daylight disappears at any point in the ball's journey down by the post.

There have been two bits of fan footage I've seen from precisely that angle - one where the ball almost entirely disappears out of frame, so that's useless, and one which could well show the ball hitting the post, but is too blurred to be definitive.

Which is why I keep coming back to the crucial fact that the umpire was in a bloody good position - and easily the best position compared to any of the camera angles we've seen - and his decision stands. I think the AFL have thrown him under a bus. Why? Dunno.

I think the issue with the gump is that he stated he made the call on hearing a noise - I think Gil’s statement makes mention of this.

Was posted on the Adelaide board that McAdam has a broken cheek bone

McAdam was given a 4 week ban in round 1 for a front on bump to Jacob Wehr that made no head contact and didn't in fact cause any injury to Wehr
We are pretty clear about how the AFL views us so yeah, the accidental head bump will be classified as high impact. Better than a trade ban I suppose.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back