Traded #10: Aaron Francis - Traded to Sydney w. Pick 42 + Future fourth rounder for Pick 37. Thanks Frang!

Remove this Banner Ad

People.
He was gone from a long way out.
He will get a pick that enables the club to get Jake Stringer.
Jake Carlisle for Jake Stringer is a fair enough trade.
If Alex Morgan was Rhys Mathieson we would have killed the trade.
If Aaron Francis was Charlie Curnow we would have killed the trade.
I have a list of some posters who whined about the Francis for Lever proposals.
Interested to see what they say.
He was not committed to his footy at EFC. His body is a testament to that.
Blind Freddie could see that.
We cannot say he must stay and then chase Saad and Stringer who are both contracted.
Francis gets pick 16. 16 gets Stringer. Pick 11 and 28 gets pick 18 and 19 and a later Brisbane pick.
18 for Smith
19 for Saad and a later pick perhaps.
If we do any better than this we are doing extremely well.
We get three best 22 players in the club for 11, 28 and Aaron Francis (who has played 5 games)who are all 22-24 and all Victorian.
No jade gresham?
Carlisle and Gresham for Francis and Morgan

0b9.jpg

No jade gresham?
Carlisle and Gresham for Francis and Morgan
Carlisle and Gresham for Stringer and Morgan and Bird.
Have a look at Joe Danihers acceptance speech.
Do a Richmond or Western Bulldogs and I may respect you more.
Your mob makes Grand Finals and can't live the fairytale.
They end up nightmares!
Hence your name Dark Saint?
Back in the cupboard or under a bridge troll boy. :)

Carlisle and Gresham for Stringer and Morgan and Bird.
Have a look at Joe Danihers acceptance speech.
Do a Richmond or Western Bulldogs and I may respect you more.
Your mob makes Grand Finals and can't live the fairytale.
They end up nightmares!
Hence your name Dark Saint?
Back in the cupboard or under a bridge troll boy. :)

Ravishing rick would be proud.

It is going to be a long trade week I feel. Hard to deal with looks like being in play from all sides.:thumbsdown:

I will add I do not see Francis going to SA unless something massive comes up. The Crows number 1 pick will not get it done and they will be looking to use that to try and get hold of Gibbs again.
Port do not have a round 1 pick. His manager has floated it but also concedes it is unlikely to happen.

"
Francis' manager, Michael Doughty of TLA, told News Corp on Friday his client had asked for a trade, but conceded the Bombers were "unlikely" to release him from his contract.

"He would prefer to return home," Doughty said on Friday"
That's i think where i think our relationship with Melbourne might bear fruit

That's i think where i think our relationship with Melbourne might bear fruit

Possibly although I think the Crows may want some icing to go with the Orange Cake.

He would "prefer to return home" is a bit different to Cam McCarthy style.

The club probably tries too get it done but will still back the footy department to turn him around should nothing come up.

We didn't trade Gresham nor the pick he was drafted with. Nothing to do with us

Nothing like letting facts get in the way of a good story .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dont shoot me.... Todd Marshall. 1st year developing forward (contracted) for 2nd year developing back (contracted)?
Hmm you’d have to give us more than Francis. Marshall hasn’t put a foot wrong, whereas Francis has a few question marks. Really don’t think we’d trade Marshall at this point

Hmm you’d have to give us more than Francis. Marshall hasn’t put a foot wrong, whereas Francis has a few question marks. Really don’t think we’d trade Marshall at this point
You sure? He could be another last piece of the puzzle for you battlers.

Why?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Because we have something Adelaide want. Lever's manager has said if a deal can't be done with Melbourne then he is open to other Victorian clubs.

Personally I'd love Lever at Essendon even if it is unlikely. It can't hurt to let him know we're here if he changes his mind.

Well Adelaide are going to get 1st round picks either in this year or next years draft for Cameron and Lever. I'm hoping Sloane leaves now to Saints and they use picks 7 & 8. This deal is going to happen late in the trade period, for sure!
I hope Francis has a great Career regardless if he stays or not.
Freo could do with him but travelling via plane from Perth to Adelaide is a nightmare and likewise from Sydney and Brisbane. No doubt a few teams will have a poke. I wouldnt be surprised if we do get involved in a 3 or 4 way deal now after I was totally adament their would be none this trade period.

Maybe something rough like this?
Adelaide get Francis.
Brisbane get Cameron, EFC Pick 11.
Essendon get Brisbane Pick 1.

Are you crazy? Giving up pick 1 for Cameron??? Getting pick 1 for a bloke who basically refuses to train?? You must be on crack

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Because we have something Adelaide want. Lever's manager has said if a deal can't be done with Melbourne then he is open to other Victorian clubs.

Personally I'd love Lever at Essendon even if it is unlikely. It can't hurt to let him know we're here if he changes his mind.

I thought he said he wanted melbourne only?

If we can help the crows bump up Levers value, assuming the dees wont give up what the crows want, then maybe they wont play hardball on a francis trade.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back