Traded #10: Aaron Francis - Traded to Sydney w. Pick 42 + Future fourth rounder for Pick 37. Thanks Frang!

Remove this Banner Ad

SA is weird. They call a Parma "parmi" and think West End is beer.

Also all of their shops close on a Sunday and that is just so bizarre to me

South Australia is a great place to visit.

It's a disgraceful term and only makes the person saying sound like an unintelligent life form.

Number 1 rule with pronouncing foreign words is if it sounds stupid, e.g. "Montagna" instead of "Montanya" or "Parmi" instead of "Parma", it should not be used.

You're either doing it wrong or the context is so far gone that using it should result in reevaluation of everything you know.

It's almost as bad as "shiraaaaz".

Number 1 rule with pronouncing foreign words is if it sounds stupid, e.g. "Montagna" instead of "Montanya" or "Parmi" instead of "Parma", it should not be used.

You're either doing it wrong or the context is so far gone that using it should result in reevaluation of everything you know.

It's almost as bad as "shiraaaaz".
It's called hyperforeignism. It's a thing, and it's actually kind of hilarious. Typically it's an exaggerated "French" accent that people try to use... except they use it on for example Spanish or German loanwords. :grimacing: Not only do you sound stupid in English, you sound stupid in the language it came from too!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

my rebuttal is thus..

Eggplant Parmigiana, or Veal Parmigiana, is an original Italian recipe. Eggplants/Veal are lightly breaded, fried, topped with fresh tomato sauce and Parmesan cheese, and then baked. ... it originated in the northern Italian city of Parma – hence the name, which means “In the style of Parma."

ill have my parma in the style of parma, grazie mille.
ciao.

When Hooker is back do we push Francis up forward? Or will it stunt his development
Don't think pushing him outside his comfort zone is a good idea atm, at least from the outside looking in. He's played five games at the end of last year and two this year so far. Let him settle at AFL level in defence, where he's comfortable and happy. With the issues he's had in the past keeping him on the park and enjoying his footy should be the first priority. If he's comfortable going forward then that's a different story

Remove this Banner Ad

Back